PDA

View Full Version : The Man Code

Scott Card
08-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Since it is such a slow day on this site, consider the following.

I grew up with John Wayne movies, WWII movies, playing army and cowboys and indians, making boats for boat races in the irrigation ditch, working hard (my first paying job was when I was 11), playing sports, fishing, camping, learning to start fires without matches, owned my first 12 gauge shot gun when I was 14, using a chain saw and splitting maul for winter fire wood, hiking the canyons of Utah County with a map and compass, tubing in canals, having to ask girls on dates and to ask them to dance at dances...etc. From all that I learned how to survive, how to find my way, how to build stuff with my hands, to enjoy getting dirty, not really caring too much about whether each hair (which are numbered) on my head was out of place or not. I learned how to be respectful to women and how to kindly pursue and marry one of the best looking one around. I also learned that one of my chief rolls in life was that of protector and provider.

I must say I am a bit worried about the prima donna boys and metro's out there. I have been taking groups of boys out for the past many years and I have noticed a trend of wussiness with the boys in general. Scary really. I am not sure they could even tell me which way is North without technology.

So, what is the "man code"? Is the man code disappearing?

(All these thoughts are coming as I consider taking my 7 year old boy up to the Mirror Lake area to fish tomorrow morning early with a 70 % chance of "numerous showers" and highs in the mid 40's. I'll probably show him how to throw up a shelter and build a fire in the rain and where to find dry wood.) :nod:

:popcorn:

Sombeech
08-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Liberalism :lol8:

Iceaxe
08-07-2009, 03:44 PM
THE MAN CODE

1. If you've known a guy for more than 24 hours, his sister is off limits forever! Unless you actually marry her.

2. When questioned by a friend's girlfriend, you need not and should not provide any information as to his whereabouts. You are even permitted to deny his very existence.

3. Unless he murdered someone in your immediate family, you must bail a friend out of jail within 24 hours.

4. A best man's toast may not include any of the following phrases, "down in Tijuana", "one time when we were all piss drunk", or "and this girl had the biggest rack you ever saw".

5. You may exaggerate any anecdote told to your friends by 50% without recrimination, beyond that anyone within earshot is allowed to yell out "bullshit!". (exception: when trying to pick up a girl, the allowable exaggeration is 400%)

6. Under no circumstances may two men share an umbrella.

7. The minimum amount of time you have to wait for another man is 5 minutes. The maximum is 6 minutes. For a girl, you are required to wait 10 minutes for every point of hotness she scores on the classic 1-10 scale.

8. Bitching about the brand of free beverages in your buddy's refrigerator is forbidden. But gripe at will if the temperature is not suitable.

9. A friend must be permitted to borrow anything you own - grill, car, firstborn child - within 12 hr notice. Women or anything considered "lucky" are not applicable in this case.

10. Falling on a grenade for a buddy (agreeing to distract the skanky friend of the hot babe he's trying to score) is your legal duty. But should you get carried away with your good deed and end up getting on the beast, your pal is forbidden to ever speak of it.

11. Do not torpedo single friends.

12. On a road trip, the strongest bladder determines pit stops, not the weakest.

13. Before dating a buddy's ex you are required to ask his permission. If he grants it, he is however allowed to say, "man, your gonna love the way she licks your balls"

14. Women who claim they "love to watch sports" must be treated as spies until they demonstrate knowledge of the game and the ability to pick a Buffalo wing clean.

15. If a mans zipper is down, that

Deathcricket
08-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Since it is such a slow day on this site, consider the following.

I grew up with John Wayne movies, WWII movies, playing army and cowboys and indians, making boats for boat races in the irrigation ditch, working hard (my first paying job was when I was 11), playing sports, fishing, camping, learning to start fires without matches, owned my first 12 gauge shot gun when I was 14, using a chain saw and splitting maul for winter fire wood, hiking the canyons of Utah County with a map and compass, tubing in canals, having to ask girls on dates and to ask them to dance at dances...etc. From all that I learned how to survive, how to find my way, how to build stuff with my hands, to enjoy getting dirty, not really caring too much about whether each hair (which are numbered) on my head was out of place or not. I learned how to be respectful to women and how to kindly pursue and marry one of the best looking one around. I also learned that one of my chief rolls in life was that of protector and provider.

I must say I am a bit worried about the prima donna boys and metro's out there. I have been taking groups of boys out for the past many years and I have noticed a trend of wussiness with the boys in general. Scary really. I am not sure they could even tell me which way is North without technology.

So, what is the "man code"? Is the man code disappearing?

(All these thoughts are coming as I consider taking my 7 year old boy up to the Mirror Lake area to fish tomorrow morning early with a 70 % chance of "numerous showers" and highs in the mid 40's. I'll probably show him how to throw up a shelter and build a fire in the rain and where to find dry wood.) :nod:

:popcorn:

I grew up not really liking the outdoors, but then again I lived in boring San Diego and not St george Utah. I'm trying to instill these values in my 3 year old. Well I guess as well as I can being the incompetant person I am. But for example, last Saturday we went to Gunlock and splashed in the river, caught polywogs, crawdads, frogs, lizards and whatever else we could. We ended up taking some of the smaller crawdads home and they are eating the other fish in the aquarium, but thats fun too! Anyways, I hope to instill these values in my child, but not sure how he's going to turn out, but it's something i think about daily. I never realized how unhappy I was living in doors the first 30 years of my life. But somehow I feel I learned to be respectful, self sufficient and pretty much all the things you're talking about without ever being outdoors. So I'm more convinced you got those values from your parents and not really the environment you were raised in. I've always had a job and worked for everything I own. Married the goth demoness of my dreams. Own 2 houses, good job yad yada *pats self on back*. But I would play with toys as a child, play video games for days on end, and was content chatting html with friends or even playing chess. I guess I did go through a phase where i was a punk rock skateboarder, that's kinda outside I guess? Now that I'm outdoors I feel a difference in my happiness level, but my moral compass and values haven't changed a bit. Maybe its more the exercise though and not being such a fat lazy ass anymore, not sure. Hopefully that make sense.

Not to be a downer on your thread but I would like him to be self sufficient in case society falls apart or major problem occurs in the future. So making shelter outdoors, and gathering food if he needs to, are excellent skills should the need ever arise. I'm convinced it's coming but would love to be wrong.

psl53
08-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Did Ice miss any? hahahahahaha :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: