PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 24th of July Boating

Canyonbug
08-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Ok, Finally I was able to get onto the water this year. After spending the morning at the OR Show in Salt Lake City I met up with my parents and siblings, their families and their boat at Deer Creek Reservoir. We were afraid that it being a holiday it would be crowded, and it was, but not too bad. Driving past Jordonelle on the way it appeared that Jordonelle was even worse. My wife, Dad and I arrived from the OR show to Deer Creek around 3:30 and we thought that the weather was going to storm on us but it didn't. It held out for the evening although towards the end it started getting really windy when I was finally able to get some skiis on.

This was the first time any of my girls were on a tube and my oldest absolutely loved it. My 5 year old had a horrific experience when during the ride the rope got pulled under a wave and it submarined the tube with her and I on it. I managed to get up and yank the tube out at the same time my brother was bringing the boat to a stop. She came up out of the water giving the hand signal to "cut". I hope I can get her back out again sometime and let her get some more experience. Once we finished with the girls my brother was dying to see how well I could stay on the tube. I feel I did pretty good. I took two rides before the second one flipped me knocking the wind out of me at the same time skipping my head across the water. Got a great headache from that, but was able to recover so I could get some skiis on. All in all a great time for the afternoon. These pics are from my sister. Sorry they aren't really clear. I have some video of me on the tube and skiis, I'll see if I can figure out how to load them on here, or I may link them from my website.

Jaxx
08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
sweet! That water can feel like concrete if you get going. Looks like you had a blast. I should be up there really soon. Hope I don't get a concussion.