PDA

View Full Version : British Noob!

Cyberspice
07-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi. I'm Melanie and I just joined. My friends Sarahlizzy and ZoeImogen are already members here.

This summer I joined them and other friends in Zion for a canyoneering vacation. Unfortunately I got a stomach bug or food poisoning or something so only did The Subway. I was planning to do Keyhole too. I cried off Mystery and Pine Creek as I have an issue with exposure that I am working on but I didn't want to get 'stuck' when my nerve left me.

I'm relatively new to being an active person. I have a sedentary job and I was really quite heavy and although I am still over weight I am so so much fitter than I was. I started losing weight a couple of years ago when I started working out at the gym. I've lost 65 lbs so far. I started indoor climbing last year, I cycle and I skateboard. I've ridden a motorcycle for many years now.

I'm really enjoying being more physical. I loved Utah and being in the canyons. I want to lose a lot more weight for next year and I will be back again.

Deathcricket
07-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Welcome to the site! Make yourself at home. Hopefully next time you guys visit we'll get to meet the lot of you at a Bogleyfest or something.

:five:

Cyberspice
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
I meant to say that although I'm based in the UK I spend a lot of time in the US working with clients. My first experience of climbing was at Planet Granite in Sunnyvale. Yorkshire, where I live in the UK, is actually quite well sorted for outdoorsy stuff. You can even do canyoneering here but its nothing like Utah!

Sombeech
07-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Welcome to bogley! :2thumbs:

JP
07-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Congrats and welcome :five: :wavey:

blueeyes
08-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Welcome Melanie! Glad to hear you are having so much fun. Hope to meet ya next time you come over.

accadacca
08-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Welcome to bogley. The UK rocks!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/nicebanat/uk-flag.jpg

Don
08-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Welcome Melanie. Sorry to hear about your bug while on vacation. Hope your next trip is far better!

tanya
08-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Welcome Melanie :2thumbs:

DiscGo
08-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Welcome! It is always nice to have new members and especially from the other side of the pond.