PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR: Mid Mountain trail; Canyons to PCMR

devo_stevo
07-28-2009, 02:19 PM
So I took the day off last Friday and went to Park City with the family. I promptly dropped them off at the outlet stores at Kimball Junction and went for a ride on the Mid Mountain Trail.

I had heard that this was a great ride and was looking forward to it. I went to the Canyons and parked there. After wandering around not knowing where to get on the trails for a few minutes, I got some directions and happened upon the bottom of Holly's trail. I started to get a bit nervous about the quality of the ride at first because the trail was typical ski resort fare with lots of dust, rocks, and ruts at every corner. I kept going up and the trail got MUCH better though. Every time it went into the trees, it would turn into a beautiful buff trail with some fun roots and other great stuff to ride over and around.

Eventually I got to the Mid Mountain Trail and followed it all the way to Spiro at the PCMR. I was impressed with the trail and it was a great time. I ran into and handful of people as I expected to and only nearly got run over one time. The miles ticked away and I soon arrived at Spiro. I then descended Spiro, which was a ball BTW. From there it was a road ride on the paved running and biking path along the highway back to the Canyons.

All in all, it was a great time and I'll definately be back to do this one again. Sorry I didn't get any pics. I didn't take the camera with me on this one. It ended up being almost 23 miles of riding with about 2500 vertical climbing. Rode it in 2:43. Good times. :2thumbs: