french_de
07-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Finally!! After a few attempts to acquire a Subway permit

cookiecutter
07-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Sweet Pics :2thumbs:

Scott Card
07-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Nice! I love the Subway, I was there on Monday with noobs and loved the canyon again for the umteenth time.

Pubalz
07-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Awesome pics makes me want to do Subway again :mrgreen:

Felicia
07-22-2009, 06:50 PM
[quote=french_de]
The Subway is one of the most unique and awe inspiring places I have ever visited. The colors, shapes, twists, drops, rocks, plants and water blend into a tapestry of sights

Sombeech
07-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Gorgeous pics. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
07-22-2009, 09:11 PM
By the way, is Russel Gulch another name for Das Boot?

trackrunner
07-22-2009, 09:16 PM
By the way, is Russel Gulch another name for Das Boot?

No two different canyons to link up with the Subway.

davehuth
07-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Nicely done French_DE... you say:

"We topped off our experience with Elk burgers from Blondie

french_de
07-23-2009, 09:26 AM
[quote"]

We will definitely be going in via Russell Gulch as we have not been that way yet.

Thanks! :five:

Russell Gulch definitely adds more of a canyoneering experience to the trip.

Iceaxe
07-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Nice pictures... :2thumbs:

ratagonia
07-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Nice pictures... :2thumbs:

Here here :2thumbs:

Love that one with the smoke layers settling in the valley ahead!!

Tom

Lfrench1985
07-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Yee ha!! :banana: The smoke from the fire reflected off the sunlight beautifully. Couldn't ask for better weather either.

seb42
07-24-2009, 12:58 PM
ABSOLUTELY great pics!!! Loved the pics dropping into Russell Gulch! Thx! :2thumbs:

ratagonia
07-24-2009, 02:23 PM
ABSOLUTELY great pics!!! Loved the pics dropping into Russell Gulch! Thx! :2thumbs:

Yeah, this one: rgs058.jpg is wonderful. How big is the original? Would you like to submit it for The Book, Mk II?

Send the full size to me at CanyoneeringUSA@gmail.com if you're interested. I'm collecting photos now, likely to publish in 2 years hence.

Tom :moses:

french_de
07-27-2009, 09:50 AM

Yeah, this one: rgs058.jpg is wonderful. How big is the original? Would you like to submit it for The Book, Mk II?

Send the full size to me at CanyoneeringUSA@gmail.com if you're interested. I'm collecting photos now, likely to publish in 2 years hence.

Tom :moses:Hi Tom, Thanks for the comments. The original is 2.5 megabytes. What is MK II?

ratagonia
07-27-2009, 10:12 AM

Tom :moses:Hi Tom, Thanks for the comments. The original is 2.5 megabytes. What is MK II?

When I sell through the first printing of Zion: Canyoneering, I will have to make a second edition. With a few more canyons, a couple of corrections, and all new pictures. The all new pictures will be problematic for me, because it took me 8 years to collect pics for the first edition - so I am looking for good pictures from other people, for which I will pay money on publication. Thus, I am starting to collect candidates, and I thought that picture of yours was good. Would you send me an original, so I can stick it in my archive, and consider it a candidate. It would also be helpful if you could run me out a model release. Simply, "yes, Tom can use this picture of me in his book" signed by the people in the picture.

Thanks.

french_de
07-27-2009, 11:21 AM

When I sell through the first printing of Zion: Canyoneering, I will have to make a second edition. With a few more canyons, a couple of corrections, and all new pictures. The all new pictures will be problematic for me, because it took me 8 years to collect pics for the first edition - so I am looking for good pictures from other people, for which I will pay money on publication. Thus, I am starting to collect candidates, and I thought that picture of yours was good. Would you send me an original, so I can stick it in my archive, and consider it a candidate. It would also be helpful if you could run me out a model release. Simply, "yes, Tom can use this picture of me in his book" signed by the people in the picture.

Thanks.

Excellent! I will get the releases and the original (my Sister Monica snapped this one) shipped off to you at CanyoneeringUSA@gmail.com

Thanks