PDA

View Full Version : Bogley Fantasy Football 2009

Iceaxe
07-21-2009, 02:43 PM
I think it's about time we start thinking about our 2009 Fantasy Football season. Here is what I propose....

1. Last years players get first shot to resign with Bogley this year.
2. The league is free to join and we play for giggles
3. Same rules as last year. (maybe change WR/TE flex to WR/RB flex).
4. Draft set to auto pilot.
5. 10 or 12 player league (get 10 first and than if we have a lot of interest we expand to 12).
6. Manually reset wavier order to last place team is number one every Wednesday (same as last year).

:cool2:

Returning from last year...

Iceaxe (Ice)
Itchys
Live2ride (Beaners - rusty trombones)
accadacca (Big Balls)
nelsonccc
RockGremlin

I will try to keep the first post in this thread updated until the season begins, that way you don't have to read the entire thread to know what's up....

Sign up with your Bogley handle for now, you can call your team whatever you want when the season starts.
:rockon:

live2ride
07-22-2009, 08:01 AM
I think it's about time we start thinking about our 2009 Fantasy Football season. Here is what I propose....

1. Last years players get first shot to resign with Bogley this year.
2. The league is free to join and we play for giggles
3. Same rules as last year. (maybe change WR/TE flex to WR/RB flex).
4. Draft set to auto pilot.
5. 10 or 12 player league (get 10 first and than if we have a lot of interest we expand to 12).
6. Manually reset wavier order to last place team is number one every Wednesday (same as last year).

:cool2:Beaners are back baby, AKA rusty trombones or whatever it is this year, reserve me a spot and I am ready to roll! How about a live online draft this year for those who can attend it!

Iceaxe
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm against a live draft.... we have tried it every year and never had it work out. It also puts those that can't attend at a disadvantage..... and since this is just for giggles this year I say auto draft unless I'm out voted.

I will also try to keep the first post in this thread updated until the season begins, that way you don't have to read the entire thread to know what's up....

And sign up with your Bogley handle for now, you can call your team whatever you want when the season starts.

:five:

accadacca
07-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Big Balls will be back.... :popcorn:

nelsonccc
07-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh you know Vegas Strippers is in the HOUSE. Am I the commish again? If so, I'll set it up and send out the invites again as we approach the start of the season. Are there any rule/stat changes from last year. I'm too lazy to pour through the thread from last year.

As usual, I also vote for the online draft. Those that are unable to make the online draft are not at a disadvantage! If they are not present Yahoo selects the highest ranked player available (just like it does in Autodraft) or selects the highest available person on your personal pre-draft rankings. So if you're okay with a an autodraft then you should be okay with not being present during a live draft.

rockgremlin
07-30-2009, 03:47 PM
I AM IN!

I guess the current recession means I won't be taking your money again this year...

Did Marnell Corrao invite you back Nelson?

Iceaxe
07-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Last years rules are fine with me.....

A live draft is fine with me.....

Nelson being the comish is fine with me.....

So what the hell you waiting for Nelson.... set things up and send out the invites.

We can open things up to outsiders after giving the regulars a week or so to get signed up.

:popcorn:

nelsonccc
08-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Last years rules are fine with me.....

A live draft is fine with me.....

Nelson being the comish is fine with me.....

So what the hell you waiting for Nelson.... set things up and send out the invites.

We can open things up to outsiders after giving the regulars a week or so to get signed up.

Will do. Expect the invites sometime this week.

nelsonccc
08-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Did Marnell Corrao invite you back Nelson?

Nope, but i didn't really expect them too. Worked out okay, I ended up with a great management job running the design dept for a smaller fabrication firm. We design it, then go out in the shop and watch it being made. A definate improvement over the grind of the large architectural offices.

nelsonccc
08-02-2009, 04:44 PM
the invites just went out. I sent one to ice, rock, beaners, and scott. I say we wait a day or so and then open it up to the public.

I changed the wr/te position to a wr/rb/te position. Don't forget about the return yard points....We don't want anyone dropping hester again a few hours after the draft.

icthys
08-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Good hell I'm glad I'm not commish.

I'm in.

icthys (Pimp My Sack)

nelsonccc
08-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Good hell I'm glad I'm not commish.

I'm in.

icthys (Pimp My Sack)

invite sent.

Should we open this up to the general public now? Anyone want to post a general invite in the general section? I also dont have an email address for blue dragons.

Iceaxe
08-13-2009, 08:40 AM
Blue Dragons is out this year. I'll post something in General...

Someone should send DiscGo an invite. He would be a good player.

nelsonccc
08-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Blue Dragons is out this year. I'll post something in General...

Someone should send DiscGo an invite. He would be a good player.

I invited Discgo and he declined, some pussy shit about college ball...I think he's just afraid of our mad skills.

DiscGo
08-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I invited Discgo and he declined, some pussy shit about college ball...I think he's just afraid of our mad skills.

What the heck Nelson? Watch what you say! :)

rockgremlin
08-14-2009, 10:33 PM
My friend Dan said he'd play again this year. His team name was Skull-Krackas

His email is dansheeran1971@yahoo.com

nelsonccc
08-15-2009, 08:12 PM
My friend Dan said he'd play again this year. His team name was Skull-Krackas

His email is dansheeran1971@yahoo.com

Invite sent. tell him to try to finish better than 7th this time. Biatch!

live2ride
08-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Beners are back in full force, will set them up today! Cant wait! Nelson what about your other leauge???

nelsonccc
08-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Beners are back in full force, will set them up today! Cant wait! Nelson what about your other leauge???

I can send you an invite, but we only have 3 teams in that league so far. So i may ask them to come over her instead. jason already visits Bogley but has been turned off in past years due to the buy in. But since it's free this year, I think I'll invite him. Hopefully we'll get another 3 from the N&N League.

accadacca
08-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Lets get this mutha rollin'. Maybe I can tie for last again! :lol8:

nelsonccc
08-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Lets get this mutha rollin'. Maybe I can tie for last again! :lol8:

Ok, I was able to merge the N&N league with this one so we now have 8 players. All of them will be managing their teams with noone managing two teams in the same league. I know of at least one more that is going to sign up. Do we have anyone else that wants in?

Our draft is in less than a week. Any changes? .5 point per reception? Reception points are the 'new thing' and they do the same for WR as the return yards do. Suddenly WR's that catch lots of catches are just as valuable as the one's that catch lots of TD's.

Observation. Input?

live2ride
08-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Nelson can you re-send my invite for some reson I deleated it when i opened it? Thanks, this league will be good!

Iceaxe
08-19-2009, 09:54 AM
I'd say 1 point per reception. That's not much and if a guy has an outstanding day that usually means less than 10 catches. This will also help TE's who catch a lot of 5 yard passes.

I can probably talk Blue Dragoons into playing again if we need an extra player.

nelsonccc
08-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Nelson can you re-send my invite for some reson I deleated it when i opened it? Thanks, this league will be good!

Just sent it again.

nelsonccc
08-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Are we good to go with the 8 players we have now?

Live draft tonight! Don't forget.

nelsonccc
08-24-2009, 02:28 PM
So we have nine now. I know of at least one more that is going to sign up, and its likely that two more will sign up. So we should have a 12 person league tonight.

I've adjusted the PPR (points per reception) from .5 to 1 as requested.

Once again this year, I will provide a 2 day freeze on waiver pick-ups after the draft to allow those that aren't present for the live draft to assess their teams and prepare accordingly.

Good luck tonight.

Iceaxe
08-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Just make sure we are even and really to roll tonight. The thing I hate about the live draft is it always gets screwed up....

see ya'll for the draft.

Iceaxe
08-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Christian... you need to set the "Start Scoring" to week one. It is currently set to week two which is part of last years live draft ****up....

and FYI: our league is currently set to 10 teams... so that probably has to be adjusted to what-ever before the draft.

nelsonccc
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Christian... you need to set the "Start Scoring" to week one. It is currently set to week two which is part of last years live draft ****up....

and FYI: our league is currently set to 10 teams... so that probably has to be adjusted to what-ever before the draft.

Fixed and fixed. We have eleven teams and the twelve team is signing up right now.

Iceaxe
08-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey... I have players listed on a "can't cut list".... we need to toss that list as it was not part of last year's deal or agreed upon before hand.

nelsonccc
08-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Hey... I have players listed on a "can't cut list".... we need to toss that list as it was not part of last year's deal or agreed upon before hand.

Yup, I see that. Yahoo must have snuck it in or we had it from last year. Removed now. Enjoy.

Iceaxe
09-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I lost week 2 by less than one frickin' point! :frustrated:

nelsonccc
09-23-2009, 06:48 PM
I lost week 2 by less than one frickin' point! :frustrated:

I saw that! Jason barely squeaked in that extra point. I thought you had it with the way they kept throwing to ginn, but alas you ended up being his bitch. :lol8: Maybe if you'd played Palmer or noticed that Jennings wasn't playing. :nono:

accadacca
09-23-2009, 07:48 PM
1-1. I'll take it so far... :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
09-24-2009, 08:11 AM
I saw that! Jason barely squeaked in that extra point. I thought you had it with the way they kept throwing to ginn, but alas you ended up being his bitch. :lol8: Maybe if you'd played Palmer or noticed that Jennings wasn't playing. :nono:

Ginn's a pussy, he dropped two balls in the endzone. Palmer is my bad, I was the pussy on that one. Palmer's back healthy and he can sling the rock, he's my guy from here on in. Jennings did play, he just did catch anything.

accadacca
10-07-2009, 07:31 PM
DOWN GOES FRAZIER! :boxing:

http://static.open.salon.com/files/a_ali231241839131.jpg

Iceaxe
10-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Who the hell is the "Irish Assassins"?

They are not even managing the team. They have avaiable players sitting on the bench while active players are on a BYE week.

We need to pull this team from them immedately and give it to someone else who will manage the team. At the very least I can give it to one of my kids to manage for grins and giggles and they will do an acceptable job.

accadacca
10-14-2009, 11:55 AM

They are not even managing the team. They have avaiable players sitting on the bench while active players are on a BYE week.

We need to pull this team from them immedately and give it to someone else who will manage the team. At the very least I can give it to one of my kids to manage for grins and giggles and they will do an acceptable job.

:haha: I am done with him, now you can throw him out on the streets...

live2ride
10-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I wanted in on this league and would glady manage the team from this point on if they dont want to do it.

nelsonccc
10-15-2009, 01:40 PM

I explained the Probable and questionable dealio

Iceaxe
10-15-2009, 02:25 PM
I explained the Probable and questionable dealio

Probable and questionable were not the problem.... he had a RB and a TE that were active on BYE weeks, and sitting on his bench he had an 11 point RB and a 12 point TE.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/418111/3?week=5

You probably need to explain that he can set his rooster several weeks ahead if he wants. You also might want to explain free agents to him, he has a couple of major dogs on his team.....

So long as the guy is making an honest effert I'm happy....

accadacca
10-20-2009, 12:23 PM
I have set my roster ahead to week 10 (twice!) and then the next time I log in the changes are not set? WTF?! Anybody else having this prob?

Don't even talk to me about Brady throwing 6 TD's in the snow! :frustrated:

nelsonccc
10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
I have set my roster ahead to week 10 (twice!) and then the next time I log in the changes are not set? WTF?! Anybody else having this prob?

Don't even talk to me about Brady throwing 6 TD's in the snow! :frustrated:

There isn't a commissioner setting for this so maybe its just Yahoo being weird? I haven't expereinced any lineup problems but I only set mine a week ahead.

Yep, thank heavens Brady threw all of those touchdown to MOSS. Another close year, top 5 teams have the same record and only a game seperates the other 5.

Iceaxe
10-20-2009, 02:55 PM

Nope... I set my team ahead all the time with no problems..... but you have to start at the current week and go forward... if you work backwards it will change your players to the current pick. also make sure you hit save rooster button.... FWIW I use the "classic" settings so things could be different.

Iceaxe
11-01-2009, 01:46 PM

So... can we finally get someone in who will manage this team? This week he is playing 2 BYE's and a player who is out.... he has a bunch of points sitting on the bench.... the management of this team is a joke.

:frustrated:

I'ved been bitching about getting someone to run this team for 4 weeks.... It's time to replace this dude!!!!!

nelsonccc
11-02-2009, 08:31 AM

So... can we finally get someone in who will manage this team? This week he is playing 2 BYE's and a player who is out.... he has a bunch of points sitting on the bench.... the management of this team is a joke.

:frustrated:

I'ved been bitching about getting someone to run this team for 4 weeks.... It's time to replace this dude!!!!!

I've talked to him about it a few times and he says he will. I believed him.

I've adjusted his roster for week 8 and will adjust for week 9. I looked thru the settings and I don't see anyway to transfer ownership to another email address. So from what I can see the only way to manage his team is for me to set his roster each week.

Iceaxe
11-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Looks like you will need to at least check his line up each week...

That appears to be the best we can do.... I don't think the team needs to be aggressively manage. You could actually use the "recommended Yahoo line up" feature each week. That takes about 1 minute and does a reasonable job.

Please note that teams can only be accessed by signing in with the Yahoo! IDs used to create them. Therefore, if you create teams for these managers, you'd need to complete any roster changes and transactions for the rest of the season. You cannot transfer teams to other Yahoo! IDs if these managers later gained computer access.

nelsonccc
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
So, I leave the lineup as it was for week 8 and then manage for week 9? For week 8 I put in the people that most of us would have left in our lineup. Such as Reggie Wayne and Maurice Jones Drew.

If it's okay to let it stand for week 8 why not let it stand for the other teams that are going to play him? I'm not sure what is fair here. He actually has a pretty good team and the two weeks that he managed his team he won.

It's a pain in the ass to manage the lineup. I figure there are a couple of options. I can go and reset his lineup for the past 8 weeks and it affects what it affects or I can manage it from here on out but that may negatively affect the teams that haven't played him yet. For example the difference between 1st place thru 9th place is only a couple of wins and most of us in the top 3-4 have played him once already and even play him again before the season is over.

It's a league decision. I'll do whatever everybody decides. I suggest that I manage his team via commish tools but who decides what the optimal team is and when i start the lineup managing?

I apologize for inviting him, he was gun ho and wanted to learn so I thought what the hell. When I talk to him about managing his teams he says he will and listens to my advice but this only lasted for a week. WTF.

Iceaxe
11-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Nov 1 9:03pm Lineup changed for team 'Irish Assassins' for week 8

You can not change a line up AFTER the game has been played! That is bullshit.... we all set our line up partly based on what the other guy does.

I'm sure we would all like to go back and change our line up AFTER the game to the optimal line up....

If this bullshit is allowed to stand than why not go back and change the team to the optimal line up for all past games played?

I've been bitching to the comish about Irish Assassins for the past 4 weeks, you have had plenty of time to correct this problem... back dating a line up is bullshit.

If line ups are allowed to be changed AFTER a game is played you can just delete my team from this bullshit league.....

nelsonccc
11-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Nov 1 9:03pm Lineup changed for team 'Irish Assassins' for week 8

You can not change a line up AFTER the game has been played! That is bullshit.... we all set our line up partly based on what the other guy does.

I'm sure we would all like to go back and change our line up AFTER the game to the optimal line up....

If this bullshit is allowed to stand than why not go back and change the team to the optimal line up for all past games played?

I've been bitching to the comish about Irish Assassins for the past 4 weeks, you have had plenty of time to correct this problem... back dating a line up is bullshit.

If line ups are allowed to be changed AFTER a game is played you can just delete my team from this bullshit league.....

I only changed his line-up because you requested it. I figured you were really confident and would rather have a close game than a blow-out. My Bad. I agree it's bullshit and it would piss me off but I thought that was what you wanted.

I know he's not managing his team but there aren't alot of options. I've tried to get him to manage his team, he's not. What do you want me to do? I'll reset his line-up to what it was sunday morning and ask him to manage his team again. If he doesnt what do I do?

Is it fair to the other teams that have yet to play him to have to play me and my excellent fantasy skill team managment? I can make his team a winner by some pretty minor changes. I'll adjust the lineup back to what it was Sunday morning and I'll wait to see what everyone says about his team before I do anything else.

accadacca
11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Please don't touch his lineup when he plays me. :haha:

Iceaxe
11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
My suggestion to be "fair" as possible.... just set his starting lineup to the way it was.... which is basically what everyone to date has now competed against. This would mean those who benefit from bye's are just the luck of the draw, which is what has happened to date. With the situation we are now in I don't see any other way to be more fair than just let him keep "managing" the team as he has.

If I had of known there was no way of taking the team away from him I would have just kept my mouth shout and lived with it. There used to be a way to "co-manage" a team but that is now gone.

Sorry for being a pain in the ass....

:blahblah:

live2ride
11-04-2009, 08:40 AM
I now see why someone else got the spot over the beaners...an easy walk through for everyone!!! LOL! I want back in next year!

nelsonccc
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
I now see why someone else got the spot over the beaners...an easy walk through for everyone!!! LOL! I want back in next year!

BS. I sent you an invite twice. You knew about it for weeks and failed to sign up. I know you were just afraid of my MAD FF skillz!

We'll make sure you're in next year.

Iceaxe
11-04-2009, 02:04 PM
you were just afraid of my MAD FF skillz!

So..... when do we get to see these Mad skillz?!?!?

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

nelsonccc
12-21-2009, 07:57 PM
you were just afraid of my MAD FF skillz!

So..... when do we get to see these Mad skillz?!?!?

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Owned!

Ah...it feels good to back on top. I can't believe rex is going to beat sarah. Her team has been stacked since the beginning and then bam. One bad week and it looks like rex will win. Another close year with the 3rd lowest point total taking first or second. crazy.

Iceaxe
12-22-2009, 01:11 PM
My team went down hill when I lost Ronnie Brown.

And TWICE this year I lost games by less than one point! :frustrated:

But it has been fun.... :2thumbs: