PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Paiute Trail 7-18-09

fourtycal
07-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I met nelsonccc and a few of his friends for a ride on the paiute. We put up 103 miles on great mountain trails and thats after they rode a 114 mile day before I arrived. Those Vegas boys know how to go big :rockon: :friday: :rockit:

accadacca
07-19-2009, 08:40 PM
I wish I could have made it. :frustrated:

I wanna go with you fellas next time. I might need to head down there and ride the whole thing in a day. I can go about that far with my 5 gallon and my pop has a 7.5. :five:

nelsonccc
07-19-2009, 08:54 PM
114? It was 140 on Friday. What a day. It started off with my brothers bike not starting. We dicked with it for 50 minutes and just before we were getting ready to pull the carb he remembers that he stuffed a rag into behind the air filter while he washed the airbox! Douche. So we got a late start and the trails turned out to be a bit much for brother who doesnt ride very often. We hit the Rocky ford trail into Antimony(awesome, but rocky as hell) then the 72 to the 01 then the 54 to the 33. At the top of the hill coming out of the 33 my brother was so fatigued that he laid under a juniper tree for an hour, vomiting and complaining. Finally we convinced him to rife the rest of the way into Koosharem. We didn't get into Koosharem till 5 pm. My brother bailed at that point (I think his vagina was leaking). So Jarrod and I had to haul ass to get back to Circleville before dark. We got sprinklered on but managed to probably set a speed record for the fastes time on the 01 from Koosharem to Circleville.

Saturday we did 96 miles, I did 103, since I had to backtrack to find the 'lost' 4wheelers, the story of the day! My ass is killing me! It was a great time though. It was good to meet Fourtycal and we're glad he made it down. We took him on a great Beaver loop that cover the gamut from fast paced woods trails to rocky/technical terrain. Looked like everybody had a great time. We had a couple of 4wheelers tagging along so lots of waiting but the weather and scenery were fantastic.

We'll definately have to do it again, however this time you'll need to come down and ride both days.

Where are the rest of the pics?

RedMan
07-19-2009, 09:21 PM
We hit the Rocky ford trail into Antimony(awesome, but rocky as hell)

Yeah but that canyon was a cool ride am I right?

fourtycal
07-20-2009, 08:21 AM
We'll definately have to do it again, however this time you'll need to come down and ride both days.

Next time I'm in both days for sure. Thanks for planning and guiding, I had a great time and thanks for being patient with my damn flat tire and smashed clutch lever :haha:

nelsonccc
07-20-2009, 08:24 AM
We hit the Rocky ford trail into Antimony(awesome, but rocky as hell)

Yeah but that canyon was a cool ride am I right?

Definately a cool ride. There's a section in there where it is tight, off camber, and loose. A total blast. BUT, the long, loose downhill was torture. It was neverending and the trail is a bit confusing at the bottom when it hits the fields. Thank god I had the tracks or we would have been lost in the fields forever.

Right before the town the trail crosses the creek, but its wide and somewhat deep. I stalled the bike in there and when I got off it was knee deep so my boots filled up with water as I pushed my bike out! It was definately worth it but it was hard enough that we opted for the 72 to get to the 01 instead of the 73 since my brother was struggling already.

nelsonccc
07-20-2009, 08:28 AM

Next time I'm in both days for sure. Thanks for planning and guiding, I had a great time and thanks for being patient with my damn flat tire and smashed clutch lever :haha:

No problem. It was great to have you along! We'll be back up there on August 21st and 22nd.

Since you mentioned it, why don't you tell us all how your clutch lever got broken and how that shiny new bike has a few new scratches on it?

accadacca
07-20-2009, 12:07 PM

No problem. It was great to have you along! We'll be back up there on August 21st and 22nd.

Since you mentioned it, why don't you tell us all how your clutch lever got broken and how that shiny new bike has a few new scratches on it?
:haha: :popcorn: