PDA

View Full Version : Single Track around Logan?

moab mark
07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Headed to Logan this weekend to a soccer tournament. Does anyone know of some fun single track riding in the logan area. I have been up providence and down mill hollow? jeep trail several times. Anything else around Logan?

Mark

accadacca
07-15-2009, 11:41 AM
The Highline Trail: http://www.bearlake.org/trails.html

moab mark
07-15-2009, 11:50 AM
I have rode the trail from Paris to BLoomington to Egan Basin. But once you hit Egan isn't it just the road over to the ski resort? Oh you can shoot off and take that ATV trail to the resort from Gibbons? basin, forgot about that. I have never rode that stretch.

Someone told me to unload at the temple fork parking lot and there is a atv trail that goes north out of there? Supposedly pretty good?

Have you ever done the Hodges Canyon rode/trail?

Mark

accadacca
07-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I have prolly ridden all of these, but I generally forget the names. :lol8:

The highline trail is supposed to run for miles into Idaho. I have not ridden it that far.

I just fill up my 5 gallon tank and ride until I get bored. :ne_nau: :haha:

neilether
07-15-2009, 12:56 PM
There are a couple of good dirt bike options still open in Logan canyon. The first is Steel Hollow up to Old Ephraim's Grave. You can make a decent loop out of it by starting at the Temple Fork road and riding on the Jeep road past Old Ephraim's grave and then down Steel Hollow and back up to Mud Flats via Cottonwood Trail.

The other good one is Richard's Hollow. This can be accessed from eithr Logan Canyon or Blacksmith Fork Canyon (near Hyrum). Both trails are great singletrack. Richard's is slightly better and longer in my opinion.

I've done Hodges Canyon on a mountain Bike a few years back and remember it being really fun. If I remember right there's some questionable easement issues through some private property as you get closer to Garden City......it's been a while and that memory is a bit fuzzy. I think the owner's posted no trespassing signs at a gate, but technically it is a public easement or something like that.

Let me know if you need better directions or maps or anything.

moab mark
07-15-2009, 07:49 PM
There are a couple of good dirt bike options still open in Logan canyon. The first is Steel Hollow up to Old Ephraim's Grave. You can make a decent loop out of it by starting at the Temple Fork road and riding on the Jeep road past Old Ephraim's grave and then down Steel Hollow and back up to Mud Flats via Cottonwood Trail.

The other good one is Richard's Hollow. This can be accessed from eithr Logan Canyon or Blacksmith Fork Canyon (near Hyrum). Both trails are great singletrack. Richard's is slightly better and longer in my opinion.

I've done Hodges Canyon on a mountain Bike a few years back and remember it being really fun. If I remember right there's some questionable easement issues through some private property as you get closer to Garden City......it's been a while and that memory is a bit fuzzy. I think the owner's posted no trespassing signs at a gate, but technically it is a public easement or something like that.

Let me know if you need better directions or maps or anything.

I have done the ephraim loop before. If you have a map of the richards hollow I would appreciate it. Or some more detailed directions. I am familiar with the area around blacksmith fork Hardware but am not aware of a single track in that area.
Thanks
Mark

moab mark
07-15-2009, 07:56 PM
I looked on my map and found Richards Hollow. I thought that was a horse trail? They allow bikes on that? I assume you ride up to the Providence Road?

Mark

devo_stevo
07-16-2009, 12:18 PM
I looked on my map and found Richards Hollow. I thought that was a horse trail? They allow bikes on that? I assume you ride up to the Providence Road?

Mark

I was there last weekend with my 7 year old daughter and hiked up the trail a ways. Yes, dirt bikes are allowed on that. We saw 5 going up and 1 going down in the first 5 minutes of our hike. The sign at the bottom also said that they are allowed. It's a great trail. I have ridden it at least once a year on my mountain bike for the last 15 years and I never get tired of it.

At the top of it you are on the Logan Peak road. From there you can get to Providence Canyon as well as the Ephraim's grave loop and right hand fork in Logan Canyon.