PDA

View Full Version : A day in San Francisco?

Don
07-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Anyone on Bogley from San Francisco?
I'm going to be in the bay area for the next couple weeks. It's a business trip and I don't expect to have a lot of time off but in anticipation what's the most important thing to see?
Best sushi/seafood?

stefan
07-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Anyone on Bogley from San Francisco?
I'm going to be in the bay area for the next couple weeks. It's a business trip and I don't expect to have a lot of time off but in anticipation what's the most important thing to see?
Best sushi/seafood?

i'm not from san francisco, but it's easy to formulate a list a mile long here as it is an incredible city/locale ...

if you're into parks, don't miss golden gate park.

and since you're going to be there for a few weeks, there are fewer things better in life than walking through redwood forest. muir woods is very close if you've never been. though the real gems are 200+ mi north

Deeps
07-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Nick's is legendary, and cheap. Quite an experience:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nicks-crispy-tacos-san-francisco

For super quality but not cheap seafood, Farallon in Union Square is awesome. The blue crab should be in season.

http://www.farallonrestaurant.com/

For something different, try the Stinking Rose.

http://www.thestinkingrose.com/

Alex
07-07-2009, 09:17 AM
I totally agree with stefan. I have been to SF area multiple times and Muir woods with Golden Gate bridge area is awesome to visit. It's only 15 minutes from SF downtown, plus 20 minutes to Muir park from Golden Gate. But it's totally worth it especially for us Utah desert people. You will love it there Don.

If you need better detailed intructions let us know.

asdf
07-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Muir Woods is pretty cool but soft.
Drive the 1 north to Bolinas and if you want to do some hiking Pt. Reyes.

DiscGo
07-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I am not from S.F. but I do have family who is from there. I agree with Summit that Muir Woods is awesome if you can get out there (it isn't far if you have a car).

Scott Card
07-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't know.... I am thinking a "Don" type bike ride down Lombardi Street???? :haha:

Iceaxe
07-07-2009, 03:23 PM
The only thing I know for sure about San Francisco is that if you drop your wallet its best to kick it to Oakland before bending over to pick it up...

:lol8:

Don
07-07-2009, 05:45 PM
I don't know.... I am thinking a "Don" type bike ride down Lombardi Street???? :haha:

:roflol: Not going to happen.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Muir Woods sounds great but I'll be limited to the BART. Wasn't really looking forward to this trip but I hope for some good times.

Sombeech
07-07-2009, 10:15 PM
our bogley member sguye lives near San Francisco, I met up with him and dropped a bogley shirt off to him on the way back from SF last time.

Jaxx
07-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Check out Haight-Ashbury Street. And the twistiest road in the world. I don't remember the name though.

Deeps
07-08-2009, 08:39 AM
And the twistiest road in the world. I don't remember the name though.

Lombard.

I am thinking a "Don" type bike ride down Lombardi Street???? :haha:

Go Packers! ;)

Don
07-19-2009, 10:56 AM
On the way into SF now. Been in a couple of evenings already but today is the only day off since I've been here.
I'd like to rent a bike and ride across the Golden Gate Bridge drinking local beer...

CrazyFinn
07-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Many years ago when my kids were young we would put our bikes on a plane (as luggage) and fly to SFO. Then ride into SF and stay at the youth hostel by Fishermans Warf. That was a blast.

We went all over the bay area and paid only $8 a night at the hostel. Life was good! :2thumbs: