PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Boundry trail Idaho

fourtycal
07-04-2009, 02:47 PM
The Boundry trail in Idaho is located just North of Lava Hot Springs and loops around the mountain, mostly atv doubletrack with lots of rocky sections.
This trip there were three of us, one YZ450, one KX450 and one YZ250R.
We parked at Big Springs campground North of Lava, the Boundry trail crosses right through the campground.
It was great for motorbikes but would be ok on atv's as well. It is listed as a mountainbike trail but it would be way brutal for my liking on a pedal bike. It was definately worth the drive :2thumbs:
I was too busy riding to take many pictures but here are a few :popcorn:

Reedus
07-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Looks sweet fourty. How long was the loop? I would love to get into some technical single track up in Idaho, just have no clue where to go.

fourtycal
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Looks sweet fourty. How long was the loop? I would love to get into some technical single track up in Idaho, just have no clue where to go.

I read about the trail before the ride and it looks like the entire loop is about 60 miles. I had a gps in my bag but the batteries went out before we finished. We also ran into some locals who took us on a side route that was steep, rocky, nasty and awesome :haha:

This trail is easy to find and follow, it's well marked. I'm thinking there has to be some great singletrack in Idaho closer than this but it is hard to find specifics :ne_nau: