PDA

View Full Version : SLC - Tuesday ride

Luce
06-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Nothing posted yet. We talked about Solitude. Is this still the location?

fourtycal
06-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Nothing posted yet. We talked about Solitude. Is this still the location?

Sounds good to me. It looks like the Full Throttle weekly race series will be held on Wednesdays at Solitude this year leaving Tuesday open for our ride :2thumbs:

Meet at 6pm, park along the road just outside the lower or first parking entrance as you head up the canyon (they may lock the gates before we are back). we will ride the regular loop unless anyone has info on some of the new trails there?

See you all then :ride:

crankshank
06-29-2009, 10:38 PM
I am confused... Lock the gate? To the resort or Big Cottonwood? Could someone leave a noobie beacon at the parking lot for me.

crankshank
06-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh, I see. After about 2 minutes of reading UMB's site I found the part that says:
NOTE: Solitude LOCKS the gate to their lower lot in the evening. If think you'll be there past 6 pm, park in the lot uphill!

Next time I'm gonna just pray for answers so I will look less like an imbecile.

fourtycal
06-30-2009, 08:26 AM
I am confused... Lock the gate? To the resort or Big Cottonwood? Could someone leave a noobie beacon at the parking lot for me.

:haha: parking at the lower Solitude resort entrance, entrance 1, Moonbeam lodge parking lot, except we park just outside the parking lot along the road because they will lock the resort parking lot gates at 7pm and if your car is in there it is locked in (punchking and I found this out the hard way two years ago).

we will ride Serenity up to the Raptor Road, up to Kruzr, down kruzr to down&out back to the parking lot.
http://www.skisolitude.com/downloads/summer/summer08_bike-trail-map_2.pdf

accadacca
06-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Dang. I love Solitude and I have to pass today. :frustrated:

We should also add Glen Wild Loop to the rotation...

richa88960
06-30-2009, 07:42 PM
All, Great time today thanks. See you all next week for the next Tuesday ride.

Sombeech
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
We should also add Glen Wild Loop to the rotation...

love that trail, i'll be there if that's next week

Luce
06-30-2009, 08:46 PM
That was the final word tonight, Glen Wild Tuesday July 7th.