PDA

View Full Version : Accidents

moab mark
06-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Since the now famous Englestead accident.

Has anyone been involved with a serious canyoneering accident? If you have what happened and what did you have to do?

I stuck my thumb into my buddies chest and jammed it. That's it for me. Oh it was in Englestead. Bad place.

Mark

nonot
06-20-2009, 11:53 PM
No serious injuries yet other than pride.

One lesson learned: women seem to get colder much faster than men since they have lower body mass. We now ensure all the gals are equipped with more thermal protection than is usually recommended by the guidebooks/beta.

Pelon1
06-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Hopefully with the proper training and attentive canyoneering accidents will be averted. Is one of the guide services better than another for training or is there an organization within Bogley for training?

Iceaxe
06-22-2009, 10:17 AM
The worst injuries any of my groups have suffered is skinned knees, bruised ego's and broken hearts. With a little luck I hope things remain that way....

:2thumbs:

UtahAdventureGuide
06-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Had a girl get hit by a falling rock in Big Horn canyon. Broke two toes but we finished the canyon, then went to the hospital. Same girl had a hole in her dry suite in Imlay and ended up with hypothermia.

coinslab
06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Falling down the dam at Ferron Resivore... Bought it for me.