PDA

View Full Version : Pauite Trail - Invite, July 17th-19th.

nelsonccc
06-18-2009, 07:24 AM
God this motorcycle forum needs some LOVE.

In any case a couple of us are coming up from Vegas to hit the Pauite on the 17th-19th. Thought I would throw out a general invite for any of you mototrcycle peeps.

BruteForce
06-18-2009, 07:44 AM

In any case a couple of us are coming up from Vegas to hit the Pauite on the 17th-19th. Thought I would throw out a general invite for any of you mototrcycle peeps.

You riding bikes, SxS's or ATV's? What section of the Paiute are you hitting?

nelsonccc
06-18-2009, 09:22 AM

You riding bikes, SxS's or ATV's? What section of the Paiute are you hitting?

We'll be camping just south of Circleville Thursday night. We will be on dirt bikes.

Friday, we'll head up the 01 out of Circleville to the 26 and on to the summit, then we'll turn around to the 05 and down into Beaver. Then we'll come up the 68 to the 67 to the 88(I think) and back to the 01 and down into Circleville.

Saturday, we'll trail the bikes to otter creak reservior, and ride the 77(i think that's what it is called) up to the 01, then the 54 to the 01 and down into Koosharem. On the way back we hit the 01 to the 89 to the 02 and down to the bottom then back to the 01 and into circleville.

We hit the Pauite once a month from July-October. We generally do this section since its tough and has some challenging trails for the bikes.

James_B_Wads2000
06-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Hopefully the snow will be gone. I have only been on those trails in my 4Runner. One year the 01 was still blocked by snow on the 4th of July. Does the 26 or 05 cross the ridge at a lower elevation than the 01?

James

accadacca
06-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Sounds fun. Unfortunately I have a family camping trip planned that weekend. I do need to pencil some time to get out riding with the old man out in the west desert...

fourtycal
06-19-2009, 07:12 AM
I might be interested. So are your bikes street legal? How many miles between fuel stops?

nelsonccc
06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Hopefully the snow will be gone. I have only been on those trails in my 4Runner. One year the 01 was still blocked by snow on the 4th of July. Does the 26 or 05 cross the ridge at a lower elevation than the 01?

James

You're correct the 01 will hold snow till July but usually only above the gate right before the Baldy summit. We take the 26 which hits the 01 at a lower elevation and then we turn around to the 05 which crosses down into beaver much lower. I've seen the 88 hold snow till late since it's on the north slope and deep in the ravine. But we usually are snow free by late June on the trails we typically do.

nelsonccc
06-19-2009, 08:47 AM
I might be interested. So are your bikes street legal? How many miles between fuel stops?

Come! If you've wanted to ride the Pauite on a dirt bike and hit the hardest sections then you should come. We really enjoy ourselves, go fast at parts nad slow and scenic at others. My little brother is coming who doesn't ride very often so I'm sure we'll be waiting on him all day long.

Our bikes are not street legal and don't need to be. We'll all be on 2-stroke 250's. The first day will be about 95 miles from Circleville into Beaver and back, with about 45-50 miles between gas. One of the guys runs a stock 2.1 gallon tank and he carries a liter bottle just in case we get caught up exploring, but we've never gone more than 60 between gas stops.

The second day into Koosharem and back to Circleville is about 120 miles with a solid 60-65 miles between gas.

fourtycal
07-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Is the ride still on?
My wife is having eye surgery on Thursday so I should probably leave her alone for the weekend to let her recover :haha:

I might not be able to get Friday off work but maybe I can drive down Friday night and meet up for Saturdays ride. Can we make that work?

RedMan
07-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Saturday, we'll trail the bikes to otter creak reservior, and ride the 77(i think that's what it is called) up to the 01, then the 54 to the 01 and down into Koosharem. On the way back we hit the 01 to the 89 to the 02 and down to the bottom then back to the 01 and into circleville.

I vote you leave the trailers in Circleville and take the 01 EAST from Circleville, take the Rocky Ford Trail over the top and down into Antimony, then connect to 77.
A whole lot more fun and you will find this to be one of the more interesting trails. Its not on the Paiute trail maps since it dips into Dixie NF. But its one of the best two track trails.

Read this post with pictures of Rocky Ford Trail.
http://www.atvutah.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1152130519

nelsonccc
07-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Is the ride still on?
My wife is having eye surgery on Thursday so I should probably leave her alone for the weekend to let her recover :haha:

I might not be able to get Friday off work but maybe I can drive down Friday night and meet up for Saturdays ride. Can we make that work?

Of course we can make that work! The three of us will be leaving vegas this thursday night. Let me know if you're definately coming and I'll give I'll let you knwo where we'll be camping/driving. Also if you do end up coming and are only going to make the saturday ride let me know which loop you would prefer and we'll do the other one on Friday.

What will you be riding?

nelsonccc
07-12-2009, 01:10 PM

I vote you leave the trailers in Circleville and take the 01 EAST from Circleville, take the Rocky Ford Trail over the top and down into Antimony, then connect to 77.
A whole lot more fun and you will find this to be one of the more interesting trails. Its not on the Paiute trail maps since it dips into Dixie NF. But its one of the best two track trails.

EXCELLENT. We've riddent the 01 out of circleville many times (very rocky) and I've seen that trail junction and often wondered if you could get to the 73 from there. How many extra miles do you figure between the 01 junction and Otter Creek reservoir. I looked in Mapsource and it looks like about 14 miles. Do you happen to have the GPS tracks for this area? Willing to share? The pics look awesome, my only concern would be if that extra mileage might put us over the top for the distance to Koosharem......I guess we could top off in Antimony just in case.

nelsonccc
07-12-2009, 02:18 PM

EXCELLENT. We've riddent the 01 out of circleville many times (very rocky) and I've seen that trail junction and often wondered if you could get to the 73 from there. How many extra miles do you figure between the 01 junction and Otter Creek reservoir. I looked in Mapsource and it looks like about 14 miles. Do you happen to have the GPS tracks for this area? Willing to share? The pics look awesome, my only concern would be if that extra mileage might put us over the top for the distance to Koosharem......I guess we could top off in Antimony just in case.

Nevermind. I already have it from ATVUTAH. It must have come with the other GPS stuff he gave me a few years ago, or maybe I got it from the ATVUTAH site. In any case, In any case I'm looking at it right now. For some reason its showing up in like four colors. But it looks like I've got it.

RedMan
07-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Thats probably my track log. Small world.

You will enjoy it. The rocks end soon after the junction you took to stay on 01 last time.

The canyon just beyond there is fantastic.

Somewhere on atvtv.com there is an episode where I took Doug Meyer up Rocky Ford. He said it was his favorite trail on the Paiute.

fourtycal
07-12-2009, 08:30 PM
if you do end up coming and are only going to make the saturday ride let me know which loop you would prefer and we'll do the other one on Friday.

What will you be riding?

Put me down for Saturday. You camping Friday night? I might drive after work and can meet you all later friday or in the morning Saturday. I don't have a preference what route, I will be happy with whatever, hard trails are good :2thumbs:

I ride an 08 YZ450F with a few goodies to make it trail friendly :cool2:

nelsonccc
07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
if you do end up coming and are only going to make the saturday ride let me know which loop you would prefer and we'll do the other one on Friday.

What will you be riding?

Put me down for Saturday. You camping Friday night? I might drive after work and can meet you all later friday or in the morning Saturday. I don't have a preference what route, I will be happy with whatever, hard trails are good :2thumbs:

I ride an 08 YZ450F with a few goodies to make it trail friendly :cool2:

We'll be camping friday night on the side of the road, near a creek on the way to the Birch Creek campground just south of Circleville. If you have a GPS I'll send the coord of our camp spot or a map or something. We typically are pretty lazy getting going, especially the day after the first ride. we generally leave around 9 or so in the morning. If you're going to make it Friday night, let me know and we can save some grub/beer for ya.

Both routes have plenty of hard stuff. The Beaver loop has way more trail per se than the koosharem loop. But the Koosharem loop has some pretty technical spots for dirtbikes but lots of dirt roads in between. Both are fun. Beaver is a 90 mile loop and the Koosharem loop will be about 130. Both are outstanding. Whats your range for gas?

Have you ridden the Paiute before? Looking forward to meeting/riding with ya.

fourtycal
07-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Beaver is a 90 mile loop and the Koosharem loop will be about 130. Both are outstanding. Whats your range for gas?

I have a GPS, will pm you my info. My bike has a 3.1 IMS tank, I think it could go 75+

I have ridden a bit on 4wheelers, puffer lake, 01 north of fremont state park, a loop past Manning meadow, a couple a hundred miles I guess mostly out of marysvale. never on dirtbikes, it sounds like fun.

nelsonccc
07-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Beaver is a 90 mile loop and the Koosharem loop will be about 130. Both are outstanding. Whats your range for gas?

I have a GPS, will pm you my info. My bike has a 3.1 IMS tank, I think it could go 75+

I have ridden a bit on 4wheelers, puffer lake, 01 north of fremont state park, a loop past Manning meadow, a couple a hundred miles I guess mostly out of marysvale. never on dirtbikes, it sounds like fun.

You want me to shoot you the tracks for the trails we'll be doing?