PDA

View Full Version : Kolob Conditions

nelsonccc
06-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Anyone been through Kolob this year? I've never done it this early in the year. I just got off the phone with the Water district and they say they are not releasing any water. Looking good. Looking for any recent condition reports concerning any lingering snow in there.
Thanks.

mma
06-18-2009, 04:42 PM
We went through Kolob Memorial Day weekend. There was no snow in the technical section, but soon after getting out of the narrows we ran into a ton of snow. It really slowed us down and made for some interesting climbs up over the snow bridges. When we were there the snow bridges were still very thick and safe to walk on, but as it continues to melt I imagine some of those snow bridges we walked over will get thin and very dangerous to walk on. Who knows, by now it may be completely melted.

Have fun.

nelsonccc
06-19-2009, 08:06 AM
We went through Kolob Memorial Day weekend. There was no snow in the technical section, but soon after getting out of the narrows we ran into a ton of snow. It really slowed us down and made for some interesting climbs up over the snow bridges. When we were there the snow bridges were still very thick and safe to walk on, but as it continues to melt I imagine some of those snow bridges we walked over will get thin and very dangerous to walk on. Who knows, by now it may be completely melted.

Have fun.

Thanks. I know that Kolob below the technical section and before Oak can hold a ton of snow. Ideally it's all gone now.