PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers (15 and counting)

Kent K25
06-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I know this will be a HUGELY popular thread on this largely Utah based forum, but whatever. Everyone gets to gloat about their team and so do I.

A lot of Lakers getting their first title, Fisher and Kobe picking up their 4th each.

Woohoo Go Lakers!

accadacca
06-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah, it was sad to see Orlando hand them a couple games. Especially game 4, hard to watch that one. The more experienced team usually wins in the playoffs. Certainly in this case.

Congrats to the pool boys! :five:

Kent K25
06-14-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm obviously a huge Laker fan, but not afraid to admit that it could have easily been 3-1 in favor of the Magic if they just knew how to close out a game.

The series was a lot closer than the 4-1 Laker win shows, and much closer than most expected.

CarpeyBiggs
06-14-2009, 11:40 PM
yawn... how can someone like kobe be so talented, and be such a dumbass? i like a few of the lakers, but that guy is just too much for me, i hope he never wins another title again.

there, now i feel better...

CarpeyBiggs
06-14-2009, 11:56 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526304,00.html

nothing like taking a little pride in your city by busting up police cruisers... is that you in the photo Kent? :lol8:

accadacca
06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526304,00.html

nothing like taking a little pride in your city by busting up police cruisers... is that you in the photo Kent? :lol8:
Laker Fan = Thug

Kent K25
06-15-2009, 02:17 PM
P.S. all the Laker fans call Jazz fans ignorant racists. All it takes is a few to get the label.

As for the rioting, etc, bunch of idiots in L.A.

Kent K25
06-15-2009, 02:22 PM
yawn... how can someone like kobe be so talented, and be such a dumbass? i like a few of the lakers, but that guy is just too much for me, i hope he never wins another title again.

there, now i feel better...

Because...

1. Talent goes to your head and makes you think you can do whatever you want (assuming you're referring to Colorado since I have no idea what "dumbass" is referring to). This is the case with 90+% of pro athletes.

2. It's based on your opinion and media garbage. Anyone can believe what they hear and make an uninformed opinion.

I'm curious where you're dislike stems from. The Colorado incident, his arrogance in general? Are you a sports fan, Jazz fan?

CarpeyBiggs
06-15-2009, 04:15 PM
1. Talent goes to your head and makes you think you can do whatever you want (assuming you're referring to Colorado since I have no idea what "dumbass" is referring to). This is the case with 90+% of pro athletes.

2. It's based on your opinion and media garbage. Anyone can believe what they hear and make an uninformed opinion.

I'm curious where you're dislike stems from. The Colorado incident, his arrogance in general? Are you a sports fan, Jazz fan?

are you questioning my fanhood?? :roflol: no, i'm not a jazz fan, no more than i am a fan of any other nba team. i enjoy the game, though i don't find myself particularly tied to any one team...

it's not all athletes, though it is a decent amount of them. my hate for kobe stems from lots of areas. his relationship with shaq and their juvenile pissing match, his whole prima donna coming-out-of-high-school entrance to the scene, his social awkwardness (including colorado), his seeming sole motivation to prove that he, and no-one else, is responsible for the laker's championships, how he insists on talking shit after making every basket, including taunting the television announcers, the way he treated his girlfriend, etc...

here's a nice article that sums up nicely what bugged me about kobe during the playoffs, and in general.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=keown/090512&sportCat=nba

his problem is he will NEVER be likeable, no matter how many championships he wins, because he doesn't think he needs anyone else. it's the kobe show, and he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. call it media spin if you'd like, but the fact that pretty much everyone feels the same way about him makes it a difficult fact to disregard. call it uninformed. called it "media garbage." but the fact of the matter, it's all about him.

it's a shame too because i like a lot of the lakers. i dig odom, like gasol's game, and ariza's performance in the playoffs was just sick. heck, i even like fisher, he plays with serious heart. i just hate that all their guts and hard work ends up bolstering the resume of a guy who doesn't seem to give two shits about anyone else.

it doesn't take much to see it. just watch him play. that's all the information you need.

end of rant...

Kent K25
06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm not about to click the link, I'm sick of reading about Kobe in the media. It's always Black and White, no grey area. It's gross man-love or hate and it's annoying both ways.

I'm not going to get into a discussion on your comments either, and thats not out of disrespect to you either.

I was just curious where your opinion came from and glad that it would appear as though it's not just a shot from the hip but something that has come over time. That kind of Kobe/anyone hate I can deal with even if I disagree with a lot of it or think that the media plays a big role in it.

I'm not blind enough to pretend I don't have a biased opinion of him.

My only pro-Kobe comment I'll make.....most everything you pointed out is why he is so good. He wants to win and couldn't care less about anyone/anything else. It certainly doesn't make him a good person at all. I root for him on the court, and it ends there. Same with everyone in sports that I'm a fan of.

P.S. Jordan was the same way...cheated on his wife, punched at least one teammate in the face, etc...he just wanted to win, and did.

Reedus
06-27-2009, 05:58 PM

are you questioning my fanhood?? :roflol: no, i'm not a jazz fan, no more than i am a fan of any other nba team. i enjoy the game, though i don't find myself particularly tied to any one team...

it's not all athletes, though it is a decent amount of them. my hate for kobe stems from lots of areas. his relationship with shaq and their juvenile pissing match, his whole prima donna coming-out-of-high-school entrance to the scene, his social awkwardness (including colorado), his seeming sole motivation to prove that he, and no-one else, is responsible for the laker's championships, how he insists on talking shit after making every basket, including taunting the television announcers, the way he treated his girlfriend, etc...

here's a nice article that sums up nicely what bugged me about kobe during the playoffs, and in general.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=keown/090512&sportCat=nba

his problem is he will NEVER be likeable, no matter how many championships he wins, because he doesn't think he needs anyone else. it's the kobe show, and he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. call it media spin if you'd like, but the fact that pretty much everyone feels the same way about him makes it a difficult fact to disregard. call it uninformed. called it "media garbage." but the fact of the matter, it's all about him.

it's a shame too because i like a lot of the lakers. i dig odom, like gasol's game, and ariza's performance in the playoffs was just sick. heck, i even like fisher, he plays with serious heart. i just hate that all their guts and hard work ends up bolstering the resume of a guy who doesn't seem to give two shits about anyone else.

it doesn't take much to see it. just watch him play. that's all the information you need.

end of rant...

Couldn't agree more with Dan on this one. Kobe is an asshat with all the trimmings. It is his cocky swagger on the court and off that makes me wanna vomit. I like guys who are damn good, but don't flaunt it. Take for example Manu Ginobli...

Kobe isn't the only one on that team either that lives up to the asshat mantle of being a laker. Farmar, Walton, Vujacic all fit the ticket with the exception that these asshats have no talent to back up their "Im-a-bad-ass-mutha" attitude on the court.

Kent K25
06-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I like guys who are damn good, but don't flaunt it. Take for example Manu Ginobli...

Haha, lets compare apples with apples.

Ginobili is good, but not "damn good"