PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Moab - Entrajo 6-7-09

Iceaxe
06-08-2009, 03:21 PM
So Sunday morning we got up late.... after all we spent the early evening Saturday hanging around the pool drinking old school PBR before heading off to dinner and ending up spending most the night at Woody's Tavern. They had a live band that was pretty good and I owned the pool table.... I was in the zone.... there was not a shot that I couldn't make. At one point I even ran the table..... I walked out... UNDEFEATED!!!!

So why is Woody's Tavern important to a Entrajo TR you ask?

Because about halfway up the route on the approach the hot young wife informs me that perhaps we should have skipped the last two pitchers of beer.... she mentions something about the beer and canyoneering not mixing extremely well as she turns a pretty shade of green..... hahaha.... lightweight I say.....

But at least she was a good sport and tells me to go on... and than she mutters "remember to pick me up on the way down" as she heads off to sit under a tree and I head up the steep approach gully.....

Anyhoo..... to make a long story short there is not a lot of pictures because it was only me for the upper slot.....

But it was completely full of water..... sweet... but it was cold as hell and being the manly type I left my wetsuit in the truck so I wouldn't have to carry it.... serious shrinkage....

It's a good canyon but short....

:popcorn:

Jaxx
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Looks like a fun one. I am so bummed that I couldn't go down with you. Oh well mabey next time. Thanks for the beta!

Iceaxe
06-09-2009, 12:23 PM
And here is the beta.....

Entrajo Canyon
http://climb-utah.com/Moab/entrajo.htm

enjoy.... :2thumbs:

asdf
06-09-2009, 12:28 PM
What made the PBR old school?
Did you find a 12pack stashed away some place?

Iceaxe
06-09-2009, 12:42 PM
What made the PBR old school?

Because I think that is what my grandpa used to drink.... :nod:

yeah.... I know.... It's now the new hip thing to drink... what once was old will be new again....

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Regrets that I couldn't join you. We prolly passed each other en route. I stay in Moab during the week, and travel up to SLC on the weekends. It's been very cool and rainy in Moab for the past two weeks. Feels more like April than June. The locals are chiding me for "having brought Wyoming down with me."

Have to catch you on the next trip...

Iceaxe
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
My last three trips to Moab we have spent dodging rainstorms. The up side is all the routes are full of water. Get settled in, we still have a couple more Moab routes I want to do this year.

:2thumbs:

Alex
06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Nothing better than hiking/being outside with your wife! :2thumbs:

Ever since my wife went rafting with me and loved it, good bye to all my guy buddies, my wife is my new cool partner :five:

rockgremlin
06-10-2009, 01:15 PM

You went hiking with Shane's wife?

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

accadacca
06-10-2009, 01:35 PM

You went hiking with Shane's wife?

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Alex
06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
:roflol:

Umm, ya is that bad? She is cool, way cooler than her husband...