PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait to be a Big Boy

Iceaxe
06-05-2009, 08:58 AM
So I get a phone call from my mom yesterday....

Mom: Good afternoon...

Ice: Hi mom.

Mom: I just saw your profile on facebook

Ice: Figured you would, after all, you asked to be invited.

Mom: I hate your profile picture, its a good picture, but you are holding a beer.

Ice: So?

Mom: I want you to take that picture down, I don't want people to see you holding a beer.

Ice: Ah mom, can't I please keep it? I was going to put up a picture of me holding a bong but Michael Phelps beat me to it.

Mom: you are not funny, please take down the picture.

Ice: Can't I keep it...... pleeeaaaseee..... gosh mom, I'm almost 50, I can't wait to be a big boy and decide what pictures I can put on my facebook...

True story, that is the actual conversation I had with my mother last night...

:roll:

And the picture is still up....

:lol8:

blueeyes
06-05-2009, 09:28 AM
you are always mama's little boy no matter how old you are :haha:

Don
06-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Ahahahahahahaha. :roflol: This is exactly why I didn't want my mom on Facebook. Stupid TV news anchor giving away the cool net hangouts to the seniors.

CrazyFinn
06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
you are always mama's little boy no matter how old you are :haha:

Ain't that the truth.

When I turned 50 my family had a party. Afterwords I drove over to my brothers house. My Mom called ahead to check if I was there yet. :haha:

When I got there I called her up and said "Mom, I'm 50 years old. I can take care of myself now." She just laughed. :2thumbs:

accadacca
06-05-2009, 12:00 PM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Scott Card
06-05-2009, 03:46 PM
So I'm confused. Does your mom want you out of the picture or the beer out of the picture? :lol8:

Iceaxe
06-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Ya know.... I never asked.... :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
06-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Maybe I should mention that the woman who wants me to take down the picture of me holding a beer is the same woman that keeps a flask of booze in her purse so that when we go to breakfast in the morning to some fancy restaurant she can "flavor her coffee"....

:nod:

Pubalz
06-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Hmm flavored coffee :2thumbs:

Randi
08-24-2009, 10:59 AM
So I'm confused. Does your mom want you out of the picture or the beer out of the picture? :lol8:

Hahaha!!! That's funny! :2thumbs:

Randi
08-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Ahahahahahahaha. :roflol: This is exactly why I didn't want my mom on Facebook. Stupid TV news anchor giving away the cool net hangouts to the seniors.

Hey, hey...not *all moms are seniors (yet).
My kids joined FB "after" I did!

I actually worry more about what my kids might see posted on my page, then what I'll see on theirs!

So there! :blbl:

blueeyes
08-24-2009, 11:24 AM

Hey, hey...not *all moms are seniors (yet).
My kids joined FB "after" I did!

I actually worry more about what my kids might see posted on my page, then what I'll see on theirs!

So there! :blbl:

This is why I won't let mine get one yet. Not that I post anything they don't all ready see. You just never know when someone else might post something you don't want them to see.

Spencer googled me a couple months back. That was funny! He came home from school and asked me if I knew that I was all over the interwebs.

Iceaxe
08-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Spencer googled me a couple months back. That was funny! He came home from school and asked me if I knew that I was all over the interwebs.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/10/27/633607473333368316-theinternet.jpg

DiscGo
08-24-2009, 11:53 AM
I was going to put up a picture of me holding a bong but Michael Phelps beat me to it.

:haha:

blueeyes
08-24-2009, 01:41 PM

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/10/27/633607473333368316-theinternet.jpg

God the kid would be traumatized to find me nekked on the internet. Do you even know how much counseling he would need!!! That would cost me a fortune. :lol8:

JP
08-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Great story Ice :2thumbs: My mom just got a kick out of it :roflol:

greyhair biker
08-24-2009, 04:28 PM
So, you live in the basement too eh?? :haha:

Ih8grvty
08-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Consider yourself lucky.
I get my nagging second hand.
My mom tells me that my brother saw my page and I spent alot of time talking about legalizing MJ, I got nagged at for that for a long while before i could get a word in edgewise and start explaining my point of view to her and how she is wrong. then I get "well he also said there is a picture of you smoking it!"
yes mom, yes there is. what of it? I smoke weed, did you not know this? I have never hid it, been smoking it for over 20 years, no plans to stop now.
Then complaints of pictures of me in costumes at parties, over things I wrote, and comments made to me by people I know.
If I were living at home in high school, hell maybe even in college if she was paying for it, then maybe she has some say. Im 38, I have 3 kids, I own a home and a dog, and have a fantastic wife. I think I get to make my own decisions, and I am rather displeased for ratting me out. I owe my brother a knock in the mouth.
She gets really upset when she hears my kids talking in support of drug law reform.
She never cried or complained once about the pictures of me so drunk I could not stand up, never said a word when I one night showed up at her house sometime in the night and she woke up to find me in my firebird, t tops off, passed out, baking in the sun.
but a lil weed and Im a bad boy!
For the record, no more drinking and driving, I have not had ad rink is 5 years, I can not handle booze, it controls me, so I avoid it. I can have 1 beer or maybe two a couple times a summer, but more than that and I go right back to drinking 24/7, never sober, drinking at work and on the drive to and from..... Not a pretty picture. SHes cool with me being a alcoholic, but not with my sometimes association with some pot, and Im 38!
Never allow family, or coworkers on your page!

blueeyes
08-26-2009, 07:13 PM
I have not had ad rink is 5 years :lol8: are you sure??

Just kidding but it made me laugh. :haha: