PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watch the E3 conference?

Deathcricket
06-04-2009, 08:47 PM
This was my favorite trailer hands down.
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14230646/ico-project/videos/thelastguardian_trl_trailer_60209.html

Also really excited about the announcement of Final Fantasy #14. And it's going to be online like like #11. But I'm a squaresoft fanboy big time.

If you watched it, what are you most excited about this coming year?
:popcorn:

DiscGo
06-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv0xojycQeY

I'm skeptical of the technology being adequate but I have read some good reviews.

DiscGo
06-05-2009, 03:24 PM
DeathCricket-

How have we not added eachother yet as buddies on the PS3?

My gamer id is: DiscGo

At the very least I know we both have little big planet.

Deathcricket
06-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Ohhh I had not seen that yet. I keep getting interrupted with actual work everytime I try to watch the microsoft side today. Since I don't own a 360 and am selling my xbox at our garage sale tomorrow. Only own a Wii and PS3.
:haha:

See now the voice recognition and the live video streaming look really cool. But I'm not into the "holding your hands in front of you driving a race car" scene. Thats one of the reaosns I pretty much hate our Wii. I find the lack of fine motor control disturbing and my arms get tired after a half hour of racing (Mario cart). So I never use the steering wheel and always switch to standard controls. I think for non hardcore gamers though it's a more immersive experience which they seem to enjoy. My wife loves the Wii and plays it all the time.

I do love the "Wii fit" though and find the yoga exercises amazing. And the fact it can locate and make small corrections in my posture has led me to a level of fitness I never dreamed possible. My balance has never been this good my entire life. It also tracks my progress and always encourages me to do better. very addicting. So I do have to agree that when properly executed, interactive games are amazing. Either A big hit or miss IMO.

Edit: Didn't see you latest response. I will totally have to add you and we can play sometime!!