PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Ballroom Cave & Target Ruins

Iceaxe
05-28-2009, 11:28 AM
After the rain chased us out of the Cedar Mesa canyons on Saturday we decide on a route close to the road on Sunday so we did the Butler Wash stuff of Target Ruins and Ballroom Cave.

Here is the route description

Ballroom Cave & Target Anasazi Ruins
http://climb-utah.com/CM/ballroom.htm

Enjoy a few pictures below....

Brewhaha
06-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Very nice, Ice. Those lashings on the ladder into the last cave were made by my son on a scout trip. I hope they don't count as climbing aids used to access ruins........;-)

Brewhaha
06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Also, I didn't see any mention of the target pictograph on the inside wall of Target Ruin. Did you guys see it?

asdf
06-02-2009, 04:51 AM
great pics

oldno7
06-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Also, I didn't see any mention of the target pictograph on the inside wall of Target Ruin. Did you guys see it?

I was going to ask the same question.........

Iceaxe
06-02-2009, 08:11 AM

Dang.... I guess we missed that picto... where is it exactly?

My kids thought the ladder was cool. :2thumbs: First time I accessed those ruins about 10 years ago you had to climb the crappy dirt wall.

Brewhaha
06-02-2009, 09:06 AM
With respect to your first picture, the target is in the left-most room on the inside right wall. You have to be up in the alcove opposite the ruin (probably where you took your picture) to see it.