PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Fremont Awesome Arrowhead

coinslab
05-27-2009, 07:51 PM
*****LEFT WHERE FOUND*****
We went for a small ride this afternoon I settled on a canyon in moore. We passed a few mines then continued through the canyon it was a nice canyon and i enjoyed it lots of scenery anyhow we went about a mile and decided to turn around because it was getting late. I started walking down a deer trail and saw a large piece of flint laying in the middle of it. I realized it couldn't be an arrowhead but continued I saw a edge and immediately thought it was a large chunk of a spear but nothing to cool. I looked at it as i approached, shocked it was a PERFECT no a single scratch arrowhead and a large one too. I put on my macro and took some pics. I left it there and walked down the canyon thinking about how great the find was. I saw a small dugway and to my surprise it led to the road i was on. I saw some old pictographs and some not so great arrowhead chippings (chippings not the arrowhead) then spent some time walking around rocks then went home after of course sending cell phone pics of it to my family.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3630/3571208321_af6365c0f9.jpg

denaliguide
05-27-2009, 08:57 PM
the chippings are also known as lithics. there is a place in the escalante just north of a place called cliff that is covered with lithics.

coinslab
05-28-2009, 08:10 AM

oldno7
05-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Give ya $5 for it............. :naughty:

:lol8:

coinslab
05-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Well I left it there so.

Reedus
05-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Man, the long, hot days I spent growing up bucking hay onto a flatbed trailer out in Moore. Always packed a .22 pistol for the massive colonies of prairie dogs everywhere.