PDA

View Full Version : Crawford/ Bridge Mtn. Arch

oldno7
05-27-2009, 06:35 AM
From the Road, Have you ever tried to point this out to someone :haha:

trackrunner
05-27-2009, 07:53 AM

Yes. Very few can see what I'm looking at. The hike/climb to the arch is on my hit list.

Win
05-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Just recently, took quite a bit for my SIL to see it.

Win

tanya
05-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Yep! I finally took a photo of it and then blew it up. Once I did that I could see if every time. It's easier to see from the Parus Trail than from the Museum.

Shaun.. this hike is awesome!!!

http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/albums/images/crawford-arch-e_jpg.jpg

Taken at the arch, but I am betting you have already been up there Kurt. :popcorn:

trackrunner
05-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Sure looks so. I'm assuming that now is not the time to hike this, too hot. Probably save it for fall/spring.

oldno7
05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Yep! I finally took a photo of it and then blew it up. Once I did that I could see if every time. It's easier to see from the Parus Trail than from the Museum.

Taken at the arch, but I am betting you have already been up there Kurt. :popcorn:

Hi Tanya
I have not hiked to the arch, I would love to if my old body could get me there.(and back)

uintahiker
05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
The hike is pretty sweet. I did it over spring break in 2007. There's one part where you have to rockclimb up a chimney, but I'm sure there's gotta be another way. We went to the arch, and took a few pictures- it's way sweet and pretty delicate for how long it is. On the way back we saw two bighorn sheep- a momma and baby. Going back toward the chimney, we noticed them down below us and we know they couldn't have climbed it! There's gotta be another way.

Sorry- I'd post pics, but they're on a CD at my house.

uintahiker
05-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Ha- one of my friends put some of the pics up on flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32238973@N00/page9/

Randi
05-27-2009, 01:33 PM

http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/albums/images/crawford-arch-e_jpg.jpg

I loved this hike as well! The hike to that arch is actually the first hike I ever did in Zion, which wasn't "canyoneering" specific! Sadly, I lost my camera in Hidden Canyon the next day (along with all my photos of the hike), but my friend did send me a photo he took of me trailing the rope up that chimney! It even looks like I know what I'm doing!!! :mrgreen:

Bo_Beck
05-29-2009, 03:17 AM

Yes. Very few can see what I'm looking at. The hike/climb to the arch is on my hit list.

Welll!!!! Maybe you'd like to "git-er-done" this saturday or sunday? I'm game.

trackrunner
05-29-2009, 08:08 AM

It's canyon season now in Zion, but it you want a two-for I'd be game.

Heaps, Imlay, or Full Left Fork plus Crawford Arch.

:rockon:

Randi
05-29-2009, 08:36 AM

It's canyon season now in Zion, but it you want a two-for I'd be game.

Heaps, Imlay, or Full Left Fork plus Crawford Arch.

:rockon:

Hey, I'm leaving for Zion right after work today! But, I'm gonna be taking some friends who've never been to Zion before. We're going to do Angels landing I think on Sat., then a hike up Echo from the bottom. Keyhole & Pine Creek on Sunday.

If anyone's around to join us for dinner at Oscars on Sat. that would be fun!