PDA

View Full Version : Memorial day weekend plans... who has them?

accadacca
05-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Maybe a little late to post this but here goes. Where did you go? How was traffic? Or in general what did you do? See anything interesting? What can you share...

---

I am hanging around town. I hope to have a BBQ if all goes well. It is going to be fairly uneventful for me. I do need to fix a sprinkler head. My boy took it out on his motorcycle last year. :haha: Ah well... :ne_nau:

LOAH
05-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Flaming Gorge for the first time. My family and I have been invited to join a lady from work and her husband on their boat.

Time for my first kokanee salmon and possibly my first lake trout.

Bring'em on! :rockon:

R
05-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Sorry to disappoint the outdoorspeople among us, but we are having a cookout birthday party for Abby's dad who turns 86 this weekend. Then on Sunday, we are all going to his house to work on his yard. We are looking forward to it, but it isn't Das Boot. Sorry.

IntrepidXJ
05-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Heading to the four corners area tomorrow morning....no plans set in stone, but I have some ideas.....we'll figure it out as we go :)

Alex
05-22-2009, 08:21 PM
My car is packed and ready to go. Colorado river, Westwater canyon. Peak flow eek :eek2:

DOSS
05-22-2009, 08:25 PM
It is my Anniversary.. so we are going to Zions in the morning to veg without kids and go do random hikes as we feel the need :) Stopping at some hot springs on the way down :)

RugerShooter
05-22-2009, 09:46 PM
I think I am going to go to the Zoo, have not been there in 3-4 years. Time to go again.

offpiste
05-22-2009, 09:53 PM
My car is packed and ready to go. Colorado river, Westwater canyon. Peak flow eek :eek2:

Have fun! nothing better than peak flow.

me I'm fishing, EL and UL tomorrow, hopefully CC monday and maybe a trip to sundance for a bike ride in there somewhere. Oh ya BBQ's.

Felicia
05-22-2009, 10:14 PM
I was just advised that I'm going to Vegas on Sunday to see Cher! :2thumbs:

I have always wanted to see her in concert - hey, if it's not Zion, Cher will do!!!

:rockon: :rockon:

In the meantime, I guess I will knock off a good hike tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Sombeech
05-22-2009, 10:31 PM
I'll be doing some gardening

JP
05-23-2009, 04:17 AM
Picnics in the rain :lol8:

ststephen
05-23-2009, 08:53 AM
No big wilderness plans, but today my band is playing the Art and Wine Festival in Boulder Creek. We've got the smaller stage but it's right next to the beer tent so we're optimistic we'll have a captive and happy crowd :naughty:

Sunday it's up to The City (SF) to see Wicked with my wife's family.

greyhair biker
05-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Just hanging at the shop - I have 8 bikes I'm working on :nod: AND my parents are due to arrive around lunch time...just hanging with the family.

DaveG
05-24-2009, 05:25 PM
We were down in St. George for the weekend - just got back about an hour ago. I didn't ride - we brought shot guns and blew the hell out of some clay pigeons - or tried to. Great course in Hurricane. Weather was great, traffic - not too bad. Nice to get to see some sun.

Don
05-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Took my boy fishing this morning, caught nothing and after we got rained out we went for hot cocoa and saw the new Terminator movie. We'll try again tomorrow.

BruteForce
05-25-2009, 08:05 AM
..just got back home from a 2000 mile round trip from SLC to Seattle (did some Ocean and Puget Sound fishing), then back home via Yellowstone National Park.

..Tired, sun burned and sore from all the 31' RV driving.

Did a bit of geocaching along the way as well.

accadacca
05-25-2009, 09:06 AM
..just got back home from a 2000 mile round trip from SLC to Seattle (did some Ocean and Puget Sound fishing), then back home via Yellowstone National Park.

..Tired, sun burned and sore from all the 31' RV driving.

Did a bit of geocaching along the way as well.
Coolness. I bet you got some great pictures. :popcorn:

R
05-25-2009, 07:53 PM
We all had a great birthday party for the grand patriarch. Among other things, my wife ended up riding Abe the Horse in a driving rainstorm, wearing her homemade paper birthday hat...

http://myweb.cableone.net/abbysm/pix/abbyridesinrain91.jpg

CrazyFinn
05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
She does not look like the happiest camper...

Dang rain!

KapitanSparrow
05-26-2009, 09:08 AM
I was out on the road :haha: Got back yesterday after seeing old school Memorial Day celebration in Jackson Hole. Will post pics! Lots of traffic from Logan to SLC.

REDFOX
05-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Left at 4:00am to float and fish the Henrys Fork of the Snake river near Ashton, Idaho. The next day we fished the opener of the Henry's lake where I caught some nice Hybrids and a large brook trout. The next 2 days I floated and fished the Southfork of Snake river in Irwin, Idaho.

Deuce
05-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Left at 4:00am to float and fish the Henrys Fork of the Snake river near Ashton, Idaho. The next day we fished the opener of the Henry's lake where I caught some nice Hybrids and a large brook trout. The next 2 days I floated and fished the Southfork of Snake river in Irwin, Idaho.

Nice.... See any Salmonflys yet?

Use to try to catch the hatch in Box Canyon every year, but haven't been for some time....

greyhair biker
05-26-2009, 07:56 PM
drove my soon to be new truck home for the night. Get to do the paperwork tomorrow :nod:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT CrewCab BigHorn Edition 4X4 with tow package. 18,000 miles $18,000 :nod:
Fourtycal....is probably thinking " I cant believe he actually pried the wallet open and bought a new truck" :haha:

abirken
05-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Rained all weekend in Colorado. Headed to Moab last minute yesterday. Saw the weather was going to be decent till about 6. Boy was weather.com right! Perfect weather in Moab and about 6 pm.....it unleashed! Crazy, flash flood like rains that actually made people pull off the road until it passed. Was a fabulous day! Hiked out in Devil's garden, ate at Ecelectica cafe, and chilled at Millcreek. I couldn't ask for much better considering the soggy forecast. :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
05-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Rained all weekend in Colorado. Headed to Moab last minute yesterday. Saw the weather was going to be decent till about 6. Boy was weather.com right! Perfect weather in Moab and about 6 pm.....it unleashed! Crazy, flash flood like rains that actually made people pull off the road until it passed. Was a fabulous day! Hiked out in Devil's garden, ate at Ecelectica cafe, and chilled at Millcreek. I couldn't ask for much better considering the soggy forecast. :2thumbs:
I SOOO wish I could have been there!