PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR: Precipice Trail & Sidewinder Trail 5/16/09

theking648
05-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Today I decided to go for a solo ride again, this time I chose Sidewinder Trail. This is a new trail located inside the Santa Clara River Preserve. It shares the same trailhead as Barrel roll and Black Bush Trail. You start off on Barrel Roll trail and after about 130 ft it branches off on Precipice Trail.

Precipice Trail is cut into the side of the mesa just below Barrel roll, and after about a mile it branches off again. If you go right then it will hook into Barrel Roll and if you go Left then it will hook into Sidewinder Trail. This is where the real fun starts. Sidewinder is a trail made up of switch backs that never seems to end and is about a 300ft climb in about 2.5 miles.

This trail has many tech parts nothing really hard. I only walked one part and that was a little rock stunt on top. It had a 90 degree left turn off a drop with

blueeyes
05-17-2009, 09:40 AM
:2thumbs:

chromehead58
05-19-2009, 11:42 AM
great pics...and the barrel roll is one that i have added to my list of rides when i go to st george...I have not seen this one though, is it marked?

theking648
05-19-2009, 01:17 PM
great pics...and the barrel roll is one that i have added to my list of rides when i go to st george...I have not seen this one though, is it marked?

I don't think i saw any markings.. but you can download the GPS file from utahmountainbiking.com. this could be used as an add on to barrel roll