PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday ride 5.19.09 Little Cottonwood (Quarry)

fourtycal
05-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Tuesday the 19th we are riding the Little Cottonwood Creek trail at 6pm.
Diections from utahmountainbikingdotcom :deal:
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/lit-cot.htm

See you all there :2thumbs:

Deuce
05-12-2009, 08:16 PM
My favorite ride..... I look forward to the report.

blueeyes
05-12-2009, 10:34 PM
That is an excellent day for a bike ride. Count me in!

TreeHugger
05-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I'll be there!

Deuce
05-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Just finished riding it this morning...... Ummmmmm good stuff......

Odd how the Garmin maps this, it should be the exact same down as up....

live2ride
05-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Looks like I need to bring my bike to work!!

TreeHugger
05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Dont wait for me - I need to swim after work and should probably road bike and then not commit for any more mtb rides til after June 13. blah.

blueeyes
05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Still in and brining a friend. I am also going to try and talk Janet into coming.

See ya all tomorrow.

peakbagger1971
05-18-2009, 10:43 PM
this may be my first Bogley event. I'll be there

tallsteve
05-19-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm planning on it. A new trail I don't think I've ridden before- yippee! Hopefully the legs will hold out. I just did a 25 mile road ride last night with over 3000' of vertical.

tallsteve
05-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Are we meeting in the Temple Quarry Trail parking area or the bigger parking lot across the street?

trackrunner
05-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Dont wait for me - I need to swim after work and should probably road bike and then not commit for any more mtb rides til after June 13. blah.

sounds like you are doing my brother's BAM triathlon. good luck. Think I have assitant to road bike coarse chief duty's this year.

TreeHugger
05-19-2009, 09:34 AM

sounds like you are doing my brother's BAM triathlon. good luck. Think I have assitant to road bike coarse chief duty's this year.

Yep, that's the one. :-)

Looks like a great group at the LCC ride - maybe I'll ahve to blow off a road ride once again... hmmmmm..... (or do both!)

live2ride
05-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Good news and bad news...Good news is that I brought my bike...Bad news is that I forgot my tire at home :ne_nau: I am gonna try to make it home during the day sometime so if I dont make it don't wait for me....

blueeyes
05-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Good news and bad news...Good news is that I brought my bike...Bad news is that I forgot my tire at home :ne_nau: I am gonna try to make it home during the day sometime so if I dont make it don't wait for me....

That is kinda funny....

Luce
05-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Count me in, should have Mark and Dan there as well.

PunchKing
05-19-2009, 03:19 PM
http://images.zwani.com/graphics/days_of_the_week/tuesday/images/4tuesday2.gif

TreeHugger
05-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Good news and bad news. ;-)

Bad news: it's thunderstorming here (I'm 2 miles from the trailhead) at 4:20 so I didnt go road riding.

The good news: if it clears up by 6, I'll be there!

The bad news: if it doesnt the ride will be cancelled (?)

fourtycal
05-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Another Great Tuesday ride :2thumbs:

blueeyes
05-19-2009, 10:28 PM
I have a new goal now. I want to be able to ride over that bridge with out falling off!! Glad my hind end has good cushion. That hurt.

Lots of fun. See you guys in a couple weeks.

TreeHugger
05-20-2009, 06:12 AM
VERY fun! Glad I caught up to you all! It was cccccoold at the top! :-)

tallsteve
05-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Thanks for letting me tag along. Nice, short, fun ride!

tallsteve
05-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Treehugger, you really should think about racing. I think you'd do really well and have a blast. We have a bunch of women on our team (UtahMountainBiking.com) that would love to have you join in. You could start out in the Women's Beginner or Women's 35+ category. If interested, let me know.
BlueEyes, you should try it, too- man, you can motor up those climbs!

fourtycal
05-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks for letting me tag along. Nice, short, fun ride!
Tag along eh? Im sure you could have made two or three laps by the time I made it up. Good to have you there :2thumbs:

blueeyes
05-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Treehugger, you really should think about racing. I think you'd do really well and have a blast. We have a bunch of women on our team (UtahMountainBiking.com) that would love to have you join in. You could start out in the Women's Beginner or Women's 35+ category. If interested, let me know.

Me race... that is funny!!! Have you not heard my middle name is NOT Grace. They have taken to calling me Crash Clawson at work. Think I will save racing for another life. :lol8:

TreeHugger
05-20-2009, 02:44 PM

I'll definitely think about it - you got me interested when we talked Tues. I'll look up the schedule. Thanks! Does the 35+ do the same laps as beginner (1) or sport (2)??

tallsteve
05-20-2009, 03:16 PM
35+ does just 1 lap, the same as Beginner. My suggestion would be to race in the Beginner Category the first time. If you finish 1st or 2nd (which I think you would probably do) then move up to the 35+ for the next race. Even in the 35+ category I think you'd finish well and you could stay there for the rest of the season. Shameless recruiting plug here: Joining a team, like UtahMountainbiking.com, gives you advantages like free Gu packs and drinks, a team mechanic at each race, a built-in cheering section, camaraderie, race strategy and a kick-butt BBQ after each race. Joining the UMB team doesn't cost anything but you can choose to purchase a team jersey if you want. The UMB team is more relaxed than many others out there. Many of the team members bring their whole family to hang for the day and many involve their kids in the Kids racing categories. Fun stuff! If you want to try a race, let me know which one and I'll make sure I'm there to introduce you around.
If you wonder if you'll be competitive enough, you can always go ride an upcoming course, like the Sundance one coming up. They typically have the courses marked at least a week in advance. Time your ride, then compare it against the racers at LAST years race which they still keep posted on the ICUP site.
Long enough response for you?

Razkul99
05-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Cheers to more crash testing of equipment on future Tuesday rides!!!