PDA

View Full Version : Top Rope Climbing up South Willow Canyon?

DOSS
05-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Ok so it has been YEARS since I have climbed when I quit climbing I was doing some beginning lead climbs but found that my Belayers brought the SUCK and ended up moving on.. Anyhow I would like to go do some climbing but need a partner (preferably someone that doesn't bring the SUCK at paying attention). I would consider myself a Novice again as I can't remember CRAP.

I was thinking maybe up South Willow out here in Tooele some evening or.. you got a suggestion?

I have all of my own gear less Rope (I have 150" Static 10.5mm that is in good shape so it could be used).

:rockon:

Don
05-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Ok so it has been YEARS since I have climbed when I quit climbing I was doing some beginning lead climbs but found that my Belayers brought the SUCK and ended up moving on.. Anyhow I would like to go do some climbing but need a partner (preferably someone that doesn't bring the SUCK at paying attention). I would consider myself a Novice again as I can't remember CRAP.

I was thinking maybe up South Willow out here in Tooele some evening or.. you got a suggestion?

I have all of my own gear less Rope (I have 150" Static 10.5mm that is in good shape so it could be used).

Might consider a dynamic rope for climbing rather than the static line you mentioned. Does wonders for your spine. :haha:

DOSS
05-09-2009, 02:08 PM

Might consider a dynamic rope for climbing rather than the static line you mentioned. Does wonders for your spine. :haha:

That is why I said less rope :) my static is for caving :)

snccoulter
05-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Scott
I am looking at a 160M dynamic after payday. Then we could go play if you want.

shaggy125
05-10-2009, 02:02 AM
If you come out to SLC there are good places to toprope. Red Rock in Draper is a popular, often crowded crag but is great for beginners. Routes from 5.6 to 5.10d. All can be toproped or led on closely spaced bolts. Dogwood in Big Cottonwood is a popular TR spot as well. Ferguson Canyon has a lot of routes that can be TR'd too. Check out mountainproject.com, great resource for finding climbs.

Red Rock:
http://mountainproject.com/v/utah/wasatch_range/red_rock/105739334

Dogwood:
http://mountainproject.com/v/utah/wasatch_range/big_cottonwood_canyon/105739359

Ferguson:
http://mountainproject.com/v/utah/wasatch_range/ferguson_canyon/105739289

I've been climbing a lot lately but mostly weekdays during the day. Hit me up if that works for you.