PDA

View Full Version : 2 nights in Cambridge Mass - what to do?

Sombeech
05-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Hey guys n gals, in 3 weeks I'm flying out to Cambridge Massachussets for work.

I'm probably crazy to think I'll have time anyways, but what is 1 thing you would suggest seeing? No, I won't be an idiot tourist either.

I'll be coming in Wednesday evening and leaving Friday evening, the end of May.

asdf
05-05-2009, 06:42 AM
you should try something like this ...

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/DiscGo/Europe/bfba1a6a.jpg

lolz

canyonphile
05-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Sorry 'Beech....can't help ya on finding anything "fun" to do while there; I try to avoid going to MA if I can help it. :ne_nau:

If it were me, I'd probably find an Irish pub (PLENTY of those around) and drink myself into a stupor to make the time go faster, but I'm assuming you don't drink, so that's not an option.

You will be near the epicenter (Boston) of the Worst Drivers In The Country, so hopefully you won't have to drive while you're there. May God have mercy on your soul if you do.

There's a reason why the surrounding states call them "Massholes". :haha:

I've issued this warning here before, but I'll repeat it: stay out of the woods and high grass areas - this is prime season for Lyme disease ticks and they are EVERYWHERE and they are small and stealth-like. Also, I'm assuming that Cambridge isn't near any marshes, because you'll probably want to avoid those as well - the greenheads (nasty biting flies) are there and if they are out, they'll ruin your day as well.

But otherwise, enjoy your trip! :lol8:

-SJ

trackrunner
05-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Can't go wrong with seeing some of the American Revolution sites. Harvard Square is near by too.

Bad Karma
05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Buy a bumper sticker that says "I got lost in Boston"

Sombeech
05-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Can't go wrong with seeing some of the American Revolution sites. Harvard Square is near by too.

I'd be interested in a little American Revolution sight seeing. What are some sights I could drop by?

accadacca
05-05-2009, 09:34 AM
you should try something like this ...

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/DiscGo/Europe/bfba1a6a.jpg

lolz
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

JP
05-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Let me know when you get there, I'll run up and visit :mrgreen: And I'm gonna have to go along with SJ's post :haha:

Sombeech
05-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Let me know when you get there, I'll run up and visit :mrgreen: And I'm gonna have to go along with SJ's post :haha:

Cool. :2thumbs: Yeah, let's meet up fo' sho'

trackrunner
05-06-2009, 08:09 AM

I'd be interested in a little American Revolution sight seeing. What are some sights I could drop by?

Battles of Lexington & Concord. Concord Square the opening shot of the war. Paul Revere's ride. USS Constitution oldest naval ship in service. It was the USS Constitution's 200th birthday and out at see when I went.

Sombeech
05-06-2009, 07:43 PM
I'd like to see Concord Square. Is it right there in Boston?

trackrunner
05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
I'd like to see Concord Square. Is it right there in Boston?

Just outside kind of like a suburb. Concord & Lexington are there own towns.

ststephen
05-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Lots of good sites to see. I suggest doing some or all of the Freedom Trail. Check out this link for what's on it and maps and stuff:

http://www.cityofboston.gov/freedomtrail/faneuilhall.asp

My family has especially enjoyed the USS Constitution at the far end of the trail.

Another touristy but fun thing is the "duck tour". You drive and cruise around the city in amphibious vehicles. Yes they drive them into the bay and sail around and then drive out.

http://www.bostonducktours.com/

For good reliable seafood go to one of the Legal's Seafood restaurants.

Have fun!

Sombeech
05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm starting to think that I'll only have an hour tops for one night, Thursday to see some stuff, but who knows. I'll definitely meet up with JP too.

Jaxx
05-07-2009, 10:12 AM
2 Nights in Cambridge Mass what to do

ACT A FOOOO!!!!

JP
05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Will do :2thumbs:

Sombeech
05-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Hey JP, it looks like I get in around 5 pm on Wednesday night. I'll give you a call, maybe we can grab some dinner or something after I get all checked in.

erial
05-22-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm starting to think that I'll only have an hour tops for one night, Thursday to see some stuff, but who knows. I'll definitely meet up with JP too.

Take a quick ride on the T. Get off at a stop near the Commons for a quick look see and then catch another train back to your start.

Bertucci's has good thin crust pizza.

JP
05-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Hey JP, it looks like I get in around 5 pm on Wednesday night. I'll give you a call, maybe we can grab some dinner or something after I get all checked in.
OK, sounds like a plan. I'll start heading that way while you're still in the air :2thumbs:

Sombeech
05-23-2009, 05:35 PM
OK, sounds like a plan. I'll start heading that way while you're still in the air :2thumbs:

How far of a drive is it for you?

JP
05-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Glad ya landed safely :2thumbs:

Boston is in the area of two hours from me, if that. I guess depending on construction and traffic that could vary :haha:

Sombeech
05-27-2009, 09:27 PM
I took a little walk around, went and finally saw Star Trek :haha:

I brought my laptop, but forgot my power cord

Oh Emm Jee

I'm friggin' disgusted with myself right now. Maybe somebody else will just happen to have the same type of power cord and I can borrow it for a bit.

I'm typing this from the hotel lobby, which is actually a very nice hotel. Royal Sonesta. :2thumbs: Right on the channel, or whatever the hell you call it, near the Science museum

accadacca
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
I brought my laptop, but forgot my power cord
N00b! :lol8:

Sombeech
05-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Now I'm borrowing somebody's laptop to type this.

I seriously considered paying $100 at best buy for a power cord.

Then my wife would seriously consider divorcing me.

KapitanSparrow
05-28-2009, 10:51 AM
How's the weather?

JP
05-28-2009, 08:44 PM
How's the weather :eek2: freakin' wet. I think New England is becoming the next Washington and Oregon. Nothing but rain. These people have seen so much of it, they feel good when it only rains six days a week :roflol:

Well, Beech can now say he was not only in Massachusetts, he can now add New Hampshire and Maine to his chalkboard :haha: Drove around that God forsaken place they call Boston, Found Beech roaming the streets (or maybe he found me driving in circles) and then we headed out for some grub. He was introduced to traffic and found that doing 10mph in a 65mph zone was the norm on the highways intertwining with Boston during rush hour :haha: Ended up in Maine :lol8: and had a real seafood dinner that you poor souls out there in Utah have no idea what it's like :haha:

Beech, it was great to finally meet ya. :nod: I'm sure we'll run into each other again :haha:

KapitanSparrow
05-28-2009, 09:37 PM
What do you mean? We have Sizzler's here :roflol:

JP
05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
And Red Lobster :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

accadacca
05-29-2009, 07:54 AM
We need to hook up with you in Moab someday JP. That would be sweet! :2thumbs:

JP
05-29-2009, 12:49 PM
You can count on that one :mrgreen:

Sombeech
05-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Found Beech roaming the streets

I told him to look for the only guy in Boston with a short sleeve shirt on. :haha:

It turns out JP was the only one in Boston with a Diesel Dodge too. :lol8:

JP
05-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Those Massholes hate them :haha: