PDA

View Full Version : Logging in?

moab mark
04-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Why do I have to log in each time I come back to bogley? I click the box that says log me in each time but it does not log me in. Is there somewhere in my profile that changes this?
Mark

Don
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Cookies?

stefan
04-29-2009, 11:09 AM
did somebody say cookies?!

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/vel05/uploaded_images/cookie-monster3-776987.jpg

moab mark
04-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Could be cookes? But it is on my laptop my home computer and my one at work?
On another questions I see that the most recent post is back, but since starting this thread a few minutes ago it did not show up on there? It received two answers and still wasn't up.?? Not that it really matters but is there a time delay for that list?
Mark

If it is cookies how do I delete them?
Mark

Kent K25
04-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Happens to me a lot too on my home and work computers. I've fiddle with my cookies/setting every which way and it continues to happen about 1/2 the time. I ALWAYS have to log in if I click a link in an email to get to the site.

But it is ONLY this site. All the other forums I go to never have a problem and always "remember" me.

Deathcricket
04-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Same here, it's bogley. Just wait a few mins and try again.

Sombeech
04-29-2009, 12:21 PM
What browser are you using, and what are your security settings?

If IE, you may have to look at your cookie settings, or maybe you're not checking that box?

If FF, it may be your security settings too, maybe when prompted to remember the password, you happened to hit "Never for this site" once, and never seen that option again.

Deathcricket
04-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Firefox 3.0.5? I didn't try it in IE sorry. Next time.

If you just wait 5 mins and try again it works like a charm. Example symptoms are:

Just posted that flower thread, saw a typo and wanted to change it. Clicked "edit" (which shouldn't even be present if I wasn't logged in) and then it brings up the log in screen. Try to type password, sits there for 30 seconds and back to log in page.

Close tab, reopen new one, go to bogley.com and go back to post. Still unable to edit.

Come back in 5 mins. Just refresh page. Automatically logs me in as it should, able to edit and post.

Also have 4 tabs going right now. facebook.com, gmail.com, statueforum.com, blogger.net. And they all remember me and no trouble posting/IMing.

Edit: Also getting this error a lot. Could be related. My guess is your webserver isn't accepting authentication requests.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/uutahcom/www/uutah.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/uutahcom/www/uutah.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/uutahcom/www/uutah.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

DiscGo
04-29-2009, 02:17 PM
did somebody say cookies?!

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/vel05/uploaded_images/cookie-monster3-776987.jpg

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Sombeech
04-29-2009, 04:30 PM
If you're ever having problems, try going to the main forum page, scroll all the way down and see if it displays your username down there as being logged on already.

moab mark
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
2 are on msn one is ff have no clue what my blackberry uses but it won't keep track of password etc

Deathcricket
04-30-2009, 10:27 AM
If you're ever having problems, try going to the main forum page, scroll all the way down and see if it displays your username down there as being logged on already.

Yeah it does say I'm logged in. Interesting, I tried it also in IE and it worked right away. but then I tried to hit the main forum and got a 500 error. Refreshed and got the main forum but was logged out status. Again it said I was logged in at the bottom.

So this bug is reproduce'able in both Firefox and IE. Always follows a bunch of database errors and 500 errors. And no other tabs surfing other sites are affected within either browser. Still guessing authentication requests failed to be processed or accepted by the webserver application. Is it on a separate server or hosted on the DB? I bet if you check logs for 11:15- 11:20 you'll see that sucker pegged to 100% the entire time.

Sombeech
04-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Yeah it does say I'm logged in. Interesting, I tried it also in IE and it worked right away.

It just means you're closing your browser window without logging out. The forum still keeps you logged in, but it times out after a few minutes.

And then you're coming back to bogley within those few minutes before it's automatically logged you out.

If you log out, close your browser, then open up and log in again, it should let you do that. It's just the log out thing if you think you'll be coming back on within the next few minutes.

accadacca
05-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I have been playing with the cookie settings tonight. I think I may have found the prob. We'll have to watch and see. :popcorn:

RugerShooter
05-06-2009, 09:32 AM
I can't log in this morning if I am on FireFox, only on IE.

Never Mind, I cleaned my cookies for Bogley and now it works.

IntrepidXJ
05-06-2009, 09:35 AM
I have been playing with the cookie settings tonight. I think I may have found the prob. We'll have to watch and see. :popcorn:

Seems to be better for me today. yesterday I couldn't stay logged on long, but so far I can today

accadacca
05-06-2009, 12:01 PM

Yeah, I should have mentioned this. You may want to clear all your bogley cookies. Then the new settings will take effect.

Don
05-06-2009, 05:43 PM

Yeah, I should have mentioned this. You may want to clear all your bogley cookies. Then the new settings will take effect.

Good thing I was able to read that without logging in this evening. I was being automatically logged out as soon as I logged in & hadn't really thought about cookies; clearing them I was able to log right in.

tanya
05-06-2009, 06:32 PM
I have never had the problem before, but I logged out on my PC and cannot log back in tonight, but I turned on my laptop where I had not logged out and am still logged in there... if that helps.

So.. the problem is still there or worse. :mrgreen:

oh.. read more.. will try clearing my cookies on my PC

tanya
05-07-2009, 04:31 AM
Clearing the cookies and history worked. :2thumbs:

ilanimaka
05-07-2009, 10:20 AM
I had the strangest problem logging in this morning from home. I have my cookies saved but from time to time I have to re-log in. No worries there. But when I logged in, it sent me to the main page NOT logged in. I re-tried it numerous times with the same results. I'd end up on the main forum page without being logged in.

Sometimes computers are like women. They do things I don't like for reasons I can't comprehend. :haha:

accadacca
05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I had the strangest problem logging in this morning from home. I have my cookies saved but from time to time I have to re-log in. No worries there. But when I logged in, it sent me to the main page NOT logged in. I re-tried it numerous times with the same results. I'd end up on the main forum page without being logged in.

Sometimes computers are like women. They do things I don't like for reasons I can't comprehend. :haha:
Yep, ya gotta clear your bogley.com cookies man. For womenz too. :lol8:

How do I clear my cookies? http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37061