PDA

View Full Version : Camping Near Zions

tallsteve
04-27-2009, 09:12 PM
I am looking for group camping just outside of Zions in the Springdale area. Any recommendations would be appreciated. We are taking our scouts the first part of June to hike the Narrows, north to south. We need a campground for two nights. The boys will be tired and dirty so we want a campground with some amenities like bathrooms but showers would be nice, too! All I can find are RV parks. We will using tents, probably 4 or 5. Thanks!

asdf
04-28-2009, 06:50 AM
What would you want to camp at a Bank?

canyonphile
04-28-2009, 07:47 AM
There is an "urban campground" in Springdale that is exactly what you're looking for. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it. But it has tent sites and showers and is of course within walking distance of everything in town. You should be able to find it by doing a search for "camping, Springdale UT". I've stayed there twice when the NP campground was booked solid, and you should be able to get adjacent sites to set up multiple tents (that's what we did). If you're driving into town from the park, it's on the right-hand side, maybe ~ 0.5 mile after you reach the town. IIRC, it doesn't have a huge sign.

The showers are pay, and you don't need to stay at the campground to use them. Last time I was at Zion, we stayed in the NP campground and drove into town to use their showers. Another option if you end up staying at a campground that doesn't have its own showers :nod:.

-SJ

trackrunner
04-28-2009, 08:02 AM

Big QFE. I've done some banking there but I don't understand the customer loyalty to camp, hike, canyoneer, rock climb at the bank. :ne_nau:

I am looking for group camping just outside of Zions in the Springdale area.

But what ever floats your boat. There is a big parking lot next to the bank.

Zions National Bank
921 Zion Park Blvd
Saint George, UT 84770

Don't spend too much time. Take at least 15 minutes to visit the visitor center at Zion National Park.

DiscGo
04-28-2009, 08:04 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

If you didn't catch that, it was a reference to Zions being Zions National Bank whereas the Nation Park is simply Zion National Park. I thought that was funny Summit.

DiscGo
04-28-2009, 08:05 AM

Zions National Bank
921 Zion Park Blvd
Saint George, UT 84770

Don't spend too much time. Take at least 15 minutes to visit the visitor center at Zion National Park.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

You guys are cracking me up. I posted my post and then saw this and started laughing out lout. You guys are too funny.

asdf
04-28-2009, 08:24 AM

Zions National Bank
921 Zion Park Blvd
Saint George, UT 84770

:roflol:

trackrunner
04-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Ooops wrong Zip code correct info below:

Zions National Bank
921 Zion Park Blvd
Springdale, UT 84767

Phone Number:(435) 772-3274
Fax Number:(435) 772-3595
Lobby Hours:M-F 9AM-2PM (Nov-April) M-F 9AM-4PM (May-Oct)
Drive Up Hours:M-F 9AM-2PM (Nov-April) M-F 9AM-4PM (May-Oct)
ATM:Walk Up

I know a 4pm closure is kind of early but at least they have a walk up ATM. This should provide plenty of entertainment during the evening hours and weekends.

More info:
https://banking.zionsbank.com/blocator/viewLocationMap.html?recordId=31&latitude=37.1889&longitude=-112.99856

Notice the url has GPS cords. You are set. This is all the beta you will ever need. How much does Zions charge for their "Narrows"?

canyonphile
04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Zions National Bank
921 Zion Park Blvd
Saint George, UT 84770

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Now, it all makes sense! :haha:

-SJ

hank moon
04-28-2009, 08:41 AM
There is a big parking lot next to the bank.

Zions National Bank
921 Zion Park Blvd
Saint George, UT 84770

I prefer the drive-thru site: tent-free under the exchange drawer!

moab mark
04-28-2009, 08:52 AM
I am looking for group camping just outside of Zions in the Springdale area. Any recommendations would be appreciated. We are taking our scouts the first part of June to hike the Narrows, north to south. We need a campground for two nights. The boys will be tired and dirty so we want a campground with some amenities like bathrooms but showers would be nice, too! All I can find are RV parks. We will using tents, probably 4 or 5. Thanks!

When we take our scouts down we use one of the group campgrounds at watchman. The campground in town is called quality inn or something? It's a rv park. It is pretty close to the entrance. They have showers. Our leaders usually head over there for a shower. We make the scouts swim in the river by camp. If you have a extra half a day float the river in tubes scouts love it. Zion Adventure will give you a good deal on tubes if it's for scouts. Especially if you can haul your own tubes.
Mark

RedMan
04-28-2009, 09:29 AM

Zions National Bank
921 Zion Park Blvd
Saint George, UT 84770

We need some video of someone attempting this and being chased off by the Zions security guards. That would be a hilarious youtube moment.

accadacca
04-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Warthmen is the ticket. :2thumbs: Smart asses. :lol8:

trackrunner
04-28-2009, 11:21 AM

Zions National Bank
921 Zion Park Blvd
Saint George, UT 84770

We need some video of someone attempting this and being chased off by the Zions security guards. That would be a hilarious youtube moment.

You mean Zions rangers? Think they'd need rangers over security with all this stuff to do there. :haha:

They even have their own "Narrows" hike. Kind of thought the building was small. Might need to drop in next time instead of just withdrawing money from the ATM to eat at Oscars.

trackrunner
04-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Warthmen is the ticket.

Where is this Warthmen you talk about? :ne_nau:

If in Zion NP, I like the North campground. Not as crowed as the South & Watchman campgrounds. You may need some camo style sleeping gear so you don't get bugged by security.

Yes there really is a North Campground. Read Tom Jone's canyoneering book to find out where and you'll understand the comment about camo sleeping gear.

Now that was being a smart ass :lol8:

accadacca
04-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Warthmen is the ticket.

Where is this Warthmen you talk about? :ne_nau:

If in Zion NP, I like the North campground. Not as crowed as the South & Watchman campgrounds. You may need some camo style sleeping gear so you don't get bugged by security.

Yes there really is a North Campground. Read Tom Jone's canyoneering book to find out where and you'll understand the comment about camo sleeping gear.

Now that was being a smart ass :lol8:
Did I really spell it that off. Hell. :lol8: :lol8: :lol8: