PDA

View Full Version : Did something change?

moab mark
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
When I use to be on the home page the recents posts were on the right. Now it has the categories. What changed? Or did I change my layout somehow?

Mark

Felicia
04-26-2009, 07:29 PM
I wondering the same thing. I like the recent posts better.

Sombeech
04-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes, we had to temporarily take that down. It was the first thing I checked too. [sad face]

We found out it was a major cause for slowing down the site, sending too many hits to the database.

We will have a similar feeds list up and running soon, it will be a little bit different though, more of just an RSS feed.

moab mark
04-26-2009, 08:30 PM
This afternoon it has been as slow as I have seen it. :ne_nau:

accadacca
04-26-2009, 09:23 PM
This afternoon it has been as slow as I have seen it. :ne_nau:
Hmmmm. Are you sure it wasn't on your end? You can test the connection speed of your ISP on sites like this: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

If all sites are slow it is obviously an ISP issue. If it is only bogley then we have a problem Houston. Bogley has been running pretty smooth for me since I made changes to the db and eliminated some heavy hitting query's.

We will get the "latest posts" back up on the home page soon. Need to tinker with that a bit. :2thumbs:

CarpeyBiggs
04-26-2009, 11:40 PM
maybe it's because mark isn't a big shot?

:lol8:

rockgremlin
04-27-2009, 05:57 AM

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

stefan
04-27-2009, 06:55 AM

no throttling if you're a bigshot

Iceaxe
04-27-2009, 08:23 AM
:toofunny:

moab mark
04-27-2009, 12:00 PM
I am at work and bogley has been slow. Same as yesterday at home. It just gave me a critical error message. Then when I tried to go back in I got a message that said the website was down.
I know I am not a big shot :bootyshake: so maybe Us pond scum do not get the faster connection but I think it is still sick.

Mark

Sombeech
04-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah, we saw that today too, it was around 12:30 I think.

Just so everybody knows, we want to completely avoid an "Elite Members" club with the BigShots. We just want to in some way give rewards to those who would like to donate.

We are still looking into this problem though, but it has dramatically improved. Thanks for your feedback.

accadacca
04-27-2009, 12:24 PM
I am at work and bogley has been slow. Same as yesterday at home. It just gave me a critical error message. Then when I tried to go back in I got a message that said the website was down.
I know I am not a big shot :bootyshake: so maybe Us pond scum do not get the faster connection but I think it is still sick.

Mark
Hopefully it will only be a hiccup here and there instead of constant slowdowns. I am continuing to monitor it. I was looked at dedicated servers the other day. This would be our next step to stamp out traffic problems. They run $150-175 bones a month. :scared:

CarpeyBiggs
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
it has been slow for me, on and off, for a few weeks now. still slow here in alaska...

Iceaxe
04-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Still slow here in Draper... it goes from slow, to really slow, to screw this....

JP
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM
No problems here :five:

moab mark
04-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Just had it freeze up and give me the critical error message.