PDA

View Full Version : My suggestion for improving the site.

Deathcricket
04-23-2009, 01:53 PM
In paint! Sorry not a mac user with that fancy photoshopping action.

JP
04-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Ahh, you discovered Photoshop :lol8:

Iceaxe
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
I hate that dog and pony show they call a front end with a passion.... the forum is the meat in this sandwich and that is where everything should lead....

The catagories on the right should all lead directly into the appropriate forum. Not some lameass video.... if I want video I go to Youtube...

YMMV....
:cool2:

JP
04-23-2009, 02:48 PM
I say, stop your bitchin'. :mrgreen: You don't like, don't come back :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

R
04-23-2009, 02:55 PM
I bookmarked the forum, not the front page, so I never see all the stuff I don't like.

accadacca
04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
I completely agree that the forum is the heart of bogley. However, we have seen a 38% increase in search engine traffic after adding content in this format to the home page. This traffic has all led to new legitimate sign ups. It is the carrot for search engines and also human beings.

Google and other search engines don't give forums like this much credit in their pagerank algorithms. This is why you generally don't see a forum on the frontend of a domain. Usually you see a portal of some sort that leads you into other areas of the site.

:popcorn:

JP
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
I just say, see my above post :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Don
04-23-2009, 03:01 PM
I bookmarked the forum, not the front page, so I never see all the stuff I don't like.

+1, I almost forgot there was a front page.

KapitanSparrow
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
I completely agree that the forum is the heart of bogley. However, we have seen a 38% increase in search engine traffic after adding content in this format to the home page. This traffic has all led to new legitimate sign ups. It is the carrot for search engines and also human beings.

Google and other search engines don't give forums like this much credit in their pagerank algorithms. This is why you generally don't see a forum on the frontend of a domain. Usually you see a portal of some sort that leads you into other areas of the site.

I know a way how to increase traffic to the site and I have tons of high quality content featuring some of the most popular po... errr, nevermind :haha:

blueeyes
04-23-2009, 04:07 PM
I like the front page. I don't visit many of the other forums besides GD, Biking, Skiing oh and the Rubbish Bin. So it is nice to see pics from TR.

JM2Cents

DiscGo
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I have "View posts since last visit" as my bookmark to Bogley. So I never see the home page. So if the new home page is creating new traffic, I'm all for it.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts

Deathcricket
04-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Edit: discgo that is what i was looking for and it already exists!! Once again you are a genius!
:2thumbs:

Oh but you still have to go into each forum... I would rather just see the posts themselves. Like they had on the front page until recently. You could just open each one in a tab and done. this way is better but you still have to go into each forum and them select the post. That's why his server is getting so overloaded. Exterraneous info being loaded by each surfer who registered.

That is a good link though!

Cirrus2000
04-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Here are some of my thoughts:

http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/uutah/updates.jpg

CrazyFinn
04-23-2009, 06:44 PM
I wish you would just get rid of this guy... He is surely the reason Bogley runs slow. Sleeps all the time and I can never find the freaking mouse. I've gone through several already.

blueeyes
04-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Fin

That is cute!!! I will take one of those but only for 6 months.

Kent K25
04-23-2009, 07:08 PM

x2....I never see the front page.