PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Creative Suite 4

Sombeech
04-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Who's got it? I'm just wondering how far I want to dive into this thing, I've got the Master Collection, but I'll probably just focus on Photoshop and Premier... maybe a little Dreamweaver, depends on the time I've got which is zero.

That's why I'm checking some stuff out at 1:20 am.

jman
04-16-2009, 04:17 AM
Who's got it? I'm just wondering how far I want to dive into this thing, I've got the Master Collection, but I'll probably just focus on Photoshop and Premier... maybe a little Dreamweaver, depends on the time I've got which is zero.

wow....Mr. moneybags. Retail price for Master Collection is $2499. That's quite the penny - that's nearly 3/4 the cost of my motercyle. Unless.....u got via Torrent.

Premier is fun to mess around with. Everything else depends if you a graphic designer or not. Cause If you are not, I'll really just stick with Photoshop, and Premier.

and although this is unreleated to Photoshop BUT deals with creating syntheic environments (very realistic mind you) - I would HIGHLY recommend investigating Terragen. And its free and it has a moderate learning curve (although not programming). I've created lots of realistic scenery with it and fooled lots of people thinking that its real places on Earth. haha.

Wild One
04-16-2009, 06:15 AM
I've got the CS4 Master Collection. Only had it for a couple months and honestly the only thing I've used is Premier and PS. I agree with jman--unless you're a graphic designer the others will just take up space on PC.

nelsonccc
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM

I use Photoshop every day and a little Premier and sometimes some Illustrator but the rest I've never used and didn't install.

RedMan
04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
I have CS4. I use illustrator most often. Its just enough different than PS to piss you off when switching back and forth.

theking648
04-16-2009, 09:59 AM
i've had CS4 master collection for a long while now.. i use photoshop and Dreamweaver nearly everyday. I play around in flash. it's not all that hard to learn it just takes some time to put things together. I play in after effects and premiere pro every once in a blue moon. but once I get my new camera i'll start to play in it more.

in flash i'm half way through making my own version of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Jhikj-djo

Sombeech
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
wow....Mr. moneybags. Retail price for Master Collection is $2499.

Yeouch! I had no idea it went for that much.

nah, I've got connections with the school district, I can actually justify having it because I need to support the school teachers that have it in their labs. PS, don't ask me for it. I had supervised installation of it.

So unfortunately, it's a lot to learn. It came with a tutorial DVD with screencasts and such, but there are some nerdy narrators on there that really bug me and make it hard to learn. :haha:

But dang, 2500 bucks.... that's too much for ANY software in my opinion. I don't care if it'd let you own the internetz.

devo_stevo
04-16-2009, 12:57 PM
But dang, 2500 bucks.... that's too much for ANY software in my opinion.

You've never priced drafting software I see. AutoCAD goes for around $4000-$5000 these days and I use a steel detailing software at work that runs around $30,000. You have to spend money to make money my friend.

stefan
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
wow....Mr. moneybags. Retail price for Master Collection is $2499.

Yeouch! I had no idea it went for that much.

it's $999 educational.

But dang, 2500 bucks.... that's too much for ANY software in my opinion.

if, as a professional, you (or whoever) make money using adobe products, why shouldn't they make money off of you in turn?

Sombeech
04-16-2009, 01:18 PM
if, as a professional, you (or whoever) make money using adobe products, why shouldn't they make money off of you in turn?

Well, if that's the justifictaion, why not charge $4,499 for it? Seriously, haven't millions of dollars gone into the development of this?

But either way, Adobe has been very successful just with the free Adobe Reader.

$2500 is just a lot to charge for a package of software. It's not just for professionals either. The Creative Suite series is installed in more homes than it is businesses.

Like MS Office, sure they're making a lot of money, but a great number of people that own it are just using it for their personal computing and documenting, not for business.

devo_stevo
04-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I hate it when the free market works. Capitalism sucks and the president should tell these people that regular joes like you and I don't have that kind of money for software and that we have to have it so that we can make stupid demotivational posters using distasteful photos to post on random websites and impress all of our imaginary friends on the "interwebs".

Sorry I couldn't help that. The audacity of your statement that more people have it at home than at the office so it should be cheaper is just stupid.

theking648
04-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I hate it when the free market works. Capitalism sucks and the president should tell these people that regular joes like you and I don't have that kind of money for software and that we have to have it so that we can make stupid demotivational posters using distasteful photos to post on random websites and impress all of our imaginary friends on the "interwebs".

Sorry I couldn't help that. The audacity of your statement that more people have it at home than at the office so it should be cheaper is just stupid.

what differance is that going to make... we're still going to download it for free anyways. :lol8:

devo_stevo
04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
exactly

Sombeech
04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
The audacity of your statement that more people have it at home than at the office so it should be cheaper is just stupid.

Not saying that's why it should be cheaper.

Just stating the fact that the majority use of this software is not for professional use, so most people aren't using it to make money.

Personally I wouldn't spend $100 bucks for it, but I've got it for free.

Sombeech
04-16-2009, 02:46 PM
...also keep in mind that a huge number of licenses are neither for business nor home use, but are in the school labs.

So take all the home owners who have it, plus the school lab computers (there are about 200 just here at Roy High School) and it leaves you with a tiny little minority of actual professionals who own this.

devo_stevo
04-16-2009, 03:25 PM
gotcha

CarpeyBiggs
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
edit: nevermind. i just remembered what a waste of time this is.

Sombeech
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
'beech, you live in some kind of fantasy world.

ugh, you guys really need to get outside or something instead of striking up a debate in every damned topic