PDA

View Full Version : April Fools

RugerShooter
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
So what did you to to sombody or what did they do to you?

My wife tried to get me, but I turned it around and got her even better. She texted me and told me she got furloughed from work untill May, but they are letting them finish the night. So I just went allong with it for an hour or two then I texted her back and told her that I just filed her a claim with the unemployment office so it beat everybody else's in. So she texted back to me "You better not have, It's April Fools, I was just kidding." I still have not told her I am going to let her sit and worry about it untill oh lets say 11:59 then I will tell her.

So whats your story?

Kent K25
04-02-2009, 05:59 AM
I'm a teacher and they recently released a bunch of budget cuts, including freshman and sophomore sports. So in the morning before school I went to the spectrum's website, found an article on budget cuts and pasted my own text into it to say that more budget cuts were being made and all first year teachers were being released. The article then went on to use our school as an example of the cuts and listed our 3 first year teachers (one of which is me).

I told them, after they read it, that it was our last class day and then they would be absorbed by the other classes to make up for my absence. Reminded them about the other budget cuts and said it was only a matter of time until they cut teachers and I knew I'd be on the chopping block as a first year teacher.

It went quite well as they all bought it and luckily for me they were upset....imagine the backfire if they had all cheered and then I had to spoil it for them and tell them I'd still be around :roflol:

DiscGo
04-02-2009, 06:34 AM
You guys both did a great job.

My day was pretty long yesterday and it was not filled with fun pranks. So I'm glad that you guys made the most of things.

blueeyes
04-02-2009, 07:14 AM
On the 31st my son had a conversation with me about kids giving him a hard time in school, which they have been for awhile now. I told him he didn't need to put up with it and told him to stand up for himself.

So yesterday he calls me after school and says that he received a discipline tracker. The teacher had said that his behavior was so bad she just couldn't beleive it was coming from Spencer. He just had a huge outburst in class.

Over the phone I was just tried to be very patient cuz I did tell him the night before to stand up for himself. I was a bit upset but more concerned with how to help him handle hard social situations at school. Told him we would discuss it when I got home from work. He asked me if he would be grounded... I said most likely but we will talk about it when we get home.

He would have had me except kids don't have patience.. he kept calling me back to ask what the consequences would be. Which is just strange for my kids to be eager to have the punishment dished out.

So before I left work I was on to him... but still knew there was a small chance he did blow up in class. The teacher had written up a discipline tracker but on the second page it said April Fools.

Kudos to him for setting it up the night before! Little brat. :lol8: He had better watch his back I am out for him now.

Scout Master
04-02-2009, 07:25 AM
My 12 year old Identical twin daughters traded places in school. They made it about half way through the day until one of them was afraid they would get in trouble for taking a test for the other one.

KapitanSparrow
04-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Scout Master that is the ultimate April Fools prank ever! :2thumbs: Big props to your girls!

Mooseman70
04-02-2009, 02:56 PM
My 12 year old Identical twin daughters traded places in school. They made it about half way through the day until one of them was afraid they would get in trouble for taking a test for the other one.

CLASSIC! :cool2:

DODGER BOY
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM

your girls are adorable hopefully I get twins someday!

DiscGo
04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
ScoutMaster- Those little girls are adorable!

Hopefully I get twins someday!

Me too! I come from a family with twins (I have 2 sets of twins in my immediate family giving me 4 brother with in 5 years of age from me). I keep hoping my wife will have twins but so far we are just having normal pregnancies (which isn't bad :) ).

Kent K25
04-02-2009, 04:12 PM
ScoutMaster- Those little girls are adorable!

Hopefully I get twins someday!

Me too! I come from a family with twins (I have 2 sets of twins in my immediate family giving me 4 brother with in 5 years of age from me). I keep hoping my wife will have twins but so far we are just having normal pregnancies (which isn't bad :) ).

Doesn't it skip generations? (Every other has twins)

Scout Master
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Having twins is great and my girls are the greatest. However the first year was UNBELIEVABLY difficult. I wouldn't wish that on any couple but I also wouldn't trade my girls for all the money in the world.

Kent K25
04-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Told my students today about your girl's April Fools trick, they all were wishing they had a twin.

greyhair biker
04-02-2009, 07:32 PM
My middle son Drew and his girlfriend told all their friends that they were getting married... :eek2: I asked him if it was going to stay and Aprils Fools. He wouldnt comment. :five:

Mtnman1830
04-03-2009, 06:10 AM

your girls are adorable hopefully I get twins someday!

DODGER BOY, we aren't talking about the baseball team.

My great grandmother was a twin, and on that same side, I have two pair of couzins that are twins.

iselin
04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
comment deleted

R
04-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Back in the old days before homeland security and school metal detectors, we the high school yearbook photographers were given keys so we could get into the school and into the darkroom at night on yearbook deadline periods. For reasons that defy logic, they were master keys to the whole school.

For much of our tenure, we behaved, but I had this idea: our favorite teacher, a writing teacher who shall remain nameless, needed to be pranked. Late one night, March 31, 1981, we got into the school and into her room. We removed all her desks and distributed them evenly throughout the surrounding classrooms, so they appeared to have vanished.

Disclaimer: if anyone is considering legal action in this matter, the statute of limitations has expired.

KapitanSparrow
04-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Back in the old days before homeland security and school metal detectors, we the high school yearbook photographers were given keys so we could get into the school and into the darkroom at night on yearbook deadline periods. For reasons that defy logic, they were master keys to the whole school.

For much of our tenure, we behaved, but I had this idea: our favorite teacher, a writing teacher who shall remain nameless, needed to be pranked. Late one night, March 31, 1981, we got into the school and into her room. We removed all her desks and distributed them evenly throughout the surrounding classrooms, so they appeared to have vanished.

Disclaimer: if anyone is considering legal action in this matter, the statute of limitations has expired.

:roflol:

DiscGo
04-04-2009, 08:25 PM

:roflol:

KapitanSparrow
04-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Back when I was a kid I used to spend every hour of every day in the summer with my cousin Jack. We had our "base" on the roof of an old shed in our huge back garden and that is where we planned our daily escapades, be it to steal apples or strawberries from neighboring gardens, play soccer, go swimming, or simply be up to no good. My sister, who is 3 years younger than me, always wanted to join our "gang" so after many days of nagging we finally relented but we told her that she has to pass a special test. The test was quite simple: we drew a treasure map on a piece of paper with corners burned away and hid it under the roofing of our shed. As far as the treasure was concerned, my cousin pooped in a yogurt container and we buried it under our neighbors cherry tree across the fence, not far from the shed. Of course my little sis had a hard time finding the treasure map, and then following it, counting the right number of steps that separated her and the treasure, so we had to help her out. But she did all the digging on her own
:five: :roflol: :naughty:

But we did let he join our gang :haha:

greyhair biker
04-04-2009, 08:51 PM
When I was in highschool, we (the marching band) took the band directors' car and picked it up, carried it to the grassy area out front of the school, and wedged it between the pinetrees out front. end to end. :ne_nau: