PDA

View Full Version : Santa Saves the day

abirken
03-27-2009, 07:52 PM
As most of you know, I recently discovered geocaching and I've become obsessed. Thanks to Matty for showing me the ropes. :2thumbs: Anyhow, last week at work I got a phone call from a Matty telling me that I HAD to go check out this cache in my area. He said it was one of the most unique caches ever.......being that I am new to this, I had no idea HOW unique a cache could be. :ne_nau: I couldn't quite get to the cache as soon as I wanted because we got a crazy ass blizzard that rolled through but today I had a few minutes to spare so I drove on over, found the coordinates but I was completely baffled. It was NO WHERE to be found. "Think outside the box" were Matty's words. Still a no go. I had to get going and was quite disappointed. Fortunately for me, Matty was heading back through this evening and agreed to meet up to show me just how unique the cache was. HE WAS RIGHT!! I won't give it away just in case other cachers out there are reading this.......but it was the coolest and most inventive thing I've ever seen. :lol8: THANKS SANTA!!! BTW, the picture below is mommy's best weapon EVER to good behavior all year long b/c "SANTA IS MOMMY'S FRIEND". :2thumbs: :five:

PS don't know if this should go in the geocache thread or not?

accadacca
03-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Wow! Christmas came early! :lol8:

JP
03-27-2009, 09:58 PM
BTW, the picture below is mommy's best weapon EVER to good behavior all year long b/c "SANTA IS MOMMY'S FRIEND". :2thumbs: :five:
That's the best :2thumbs: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

denaliguide
03-28-2009, 01:05 AM
BTW, the picture below is mommy's best weapon EVER to good behavior all year long b/c "SANTA IS MOMMY'S FRIEND". :2thumbs: :five:

yea he knows where all the naughty girls live. :roflol:

Last Child
03-28-2009, 05:41 AM

:haha:

abirken
03-28-2009, 07:01 AM
damn! something told me you guys wouldn't take me serious. and no that's not a bong either. it's an official geocache. :lol8:

DiscGo
03-28-2009, 07:18 AM
I have tried organizing two different official Bolgey Geocaching events Alison and both tanked. We should go caching in Moab in May.

abirken
03-28-2009, 07:42 AM
I have tried organizing two different official Bolgey Geocaching events Alison and both tanked. We should go caching in Moab in May.

That's a total bummer that they have tanked. I guess it's the kind of thing that may be better to just get a couple of people involved at a time. I am all about the geocaching in May. As a matter of fact, GHB and Scout have both said they plan on it. We should pick some fun ones and do it. I hid one in Moab that needs to be moved b/c geocaching.com didn't approve it b/c I live too far away to maintain it. I was very bummed. So we need to go get it and move it. :nod: :2thumbs: It's addicting Discgo!!!!! :lol8:

Sombeech
03-28-2009, 09:53 AM

The winner. :lol8:

greyhair biker
03-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Very cool Alison! and YES, we will have lots of caching to do in Moab!

Scout Master
03-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Yes Santa just loves a good Cache hunt. and even if Alison is a little Naughty she is still REALLY REALLY NICE

abirken
03-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Yes Santa just loves a good Cache hunt. and even if Alison is a little Naughty she is still REALLY REALLY NICE

thank you matty!!!! :nod: :2thumbs:

savanna3313
03-29-2009, 12:15 PM
damn! something told me you guys wouldn't take me serious. and no that's not a bong either. it's an official geocache. :lol8:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

You beat me to the punch......that's EXACTLY what I was thinking......"Santa helped you find a bong????!!!!" :haha: That's some cache! :five:

greyhair biker
03-29-2009, 08:20 PM
now Alison, I did find my first cache in Moab up on GoldBar Rim trail and in the cache...to our COMPLETE surprise... we found a stash of weed...you just NEVER know WHAT you're gonna find :lol8:

Ih8grvty
03-30-2009, 09:05 AM
now Alison, I did find my first cache in Moab up on GoldBar Rim trail and in the cache...to our COMPLETE surprise... we found a stash of weed...you just NEVER know WHAT you're gonna find :lol8:

Never been caching, but I have had alot of uhhh... Experience with weed in my past, and that would technically be geo-stashing, not geo-caching.
Im just sayin...

Now I have read about it, an i have been considering trying it out, I do belive that the point is that your supposed to take some stuff with you and when you find the stash....er cache, you take something and leave something.
If you took the weed, what did you leave?
In this case I would think that it was ok to take the weed and leave a roach.

RugerShooter
03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
I have also came across weed while out caching it was in an altoids tin so I opended it up thinking it was the cache, ya it was a cache, just not the one I thought I was looking for. There was a little weed, a pipe and some zig zags. I crushed the Pipe spread out the weed and took the zigzags and through them away.

BTW welcome to GeoCaching.