PDA

View Full Version : Hogwarts Mini Slot - North Wash Area 03/21/2009

french_de
03-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Mini slots are great for finishing up a day of canyoneering when there are a few hours left in the day. After climbing around in the GCRA with Ram and his group (Thanks Ram for a great time!), Hogwarts was chosen for the day

kilo
03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Great TR and pics!

I'll be down in the area this weekend with a group and we were thinking of trying Hogwarts out. It looks like fun!

I didn't see anyone in wetsuits, so I guess Hogwarts was dry? Did you do any of the other canyons around North Wash? Any update on water conditions?

Thanks.

Kevin

davehuth
03-26-2009, 11:50 AM
There wasn't a drop in Hogwarts. Not a drop in Constrychnine.

Thats last weekend of course...

Great TR and pics!

I'll be down in the area this weekend with a group and we were thinking of trying Hogwarts out. It looks like fun!

I didn't see anyone in wetsuits, so I guess Hogwarts was dry? Did you do any of the other canyons around North Wash? Any update on water conditions?

Thanks.

Kevin

DWayne27
03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Sounds like the North Wash and surrounding areas may be busy this weekend. I'll be there with a small group. We are hoping for dry conditions as well

Scott Card
03-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Sounds like the North Wash and surrounding areas may be busy this weekend. I'll be there with a small group. We are hoping for dry conditions as wellWell, put in a third group. We will be doing the Monkey/ E. Lep combo meal.

DiscGo
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Great TR! Way to get out there!

kilo
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Dave, thanks for the conditions report.

FYI, Scott & Dwayne, we may have a larger group (~15-20) depending on who actually shows up. We are planning on camping somewhere other than Sandthrax so we will not take it over. Most of our group will be down Sat-Sun. I'll be down Fri-Sun.

As far as routes go, we'll probably have 2-3 smaller groups on Sat. & Sun. Friday we're looking at doing a Hog or one of the mini-slots depending on what time we get down. Saturday we'll probably have 2-3 groups out in the Butlers, Lep or Blarney. Sunday, we'll probably be in the mini-slots or Hogs again.

If you run into us, you are welcome to stop by & say hello. We can trade notes & condition reports.

Kevin