PDA

View Full Version : Camping in Bryce Canyon

KapitanSparrow
03-18-2009, 08:55 AM
From what I've read the two designated camp sites in Bryce are walk-ins. Does anyone have an idea how hard is it to find a free spot there, say on the night of Friday, May 8? I have a hotel booked but I am wondering if I can get a tent site when I just show up. Thanks!

jb
03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
It appears that one campground will accept some reservations beginning that day:

http://www.nps.gov/brca/planyourvisit/northcampground.htm

KapitanSparrow
03-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, maybe it's just a website thing but I can't make a reservation for May 8 online. It still has the W for walk-in. I'll try reserving over the phone.

blarson
03-31-2009, 09:16 PM
i'd go camp at the tropic reservoir campground, it's not that far from bryce and the best part is you get away from the crowds, plus it's an awesome campground.

CarpeyBiggs
03-31-2009, 09:32 PM
or camp at kodachrome. or a handful of free places in the monument. depends on what you need. showers, bathrooms, close to bryce, close to other locations, etc...

though may 8th is pretty early. you should be fine. i've driven up and got sites no problem there.

ststephen
03-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Or Kodachrome Basin, you'll have showers, fewer people and nice views right from your campsite. But, if you are meeting people for sunrise at Bryce or something like that I can see the attraction of staying there.

Plus you can play Paul Simon's "Kodachrome" :naughty:

ststephen
03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Geez, you gotta be fast around here!