PDA

View Full Version : What type of Degree/s do you have?

accadacca
03-06-2009, 01:35 PM
And where from?

-------------------

B.S., Mass Communication, University of Utah

abirken
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I've been attending the school of life, but I haven't received my degree yet. :ne_nau: :lol8: I have no formal education but I have certificates coming out of the ying yang with my career choice.

Iceaxe
03-06-2009, 01:52 PM
:bootyshake:

James_B_Wads2000
03-06-2009, 02:01 PM
None yet! Still working on my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering at University of Utah, 10yrs and counting.http://btjdesign.com/emoticons/dummy.gif

James

Scott P
03-06-2009, 02:02 PM
About 98.6.

Redpb
03-06-2009, 02:22 PM
1 year to go for my BS in Business Management from UVU
Hopefully I have the drive to finish up a masters degree after that.

Thomas
03-06-2009, 02:58 PM
BS from what is now UVU.
MBA USU

I work for a financial institution and enjoy it very much. It was a lot of hard work but it is over and done. I am so sick of school I don't think I could attend traffic school, I better not get a ticket. :rope:

Cirrus2000
03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Following Mr Patterson's theme, 37. But that's Celsius.

Hard knocks for me, too. I did pass an air traffic control course way back, but that's not really transferable to anything else...

Looking to go back to school in the rather near future, working toward a B.Sc. in Biology, Evolutionary Biology, or perhaps Evolutionary Anthropology - we'll see how the spirit of higher learning moves me.

James_B_Wads2000
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I have certificates coming out of the ying yang with my career choice.

Do have your certificate for ying yang laser hair removal? :haha:

James

RugerShooter
03-06-2009, 03:40 PM
I have a High School Diploma from Fremont High School, not a day in a college.

rockgremlin
03-06-2009, 03:45 PM
BS - Mining Engineering - University of Utah

Ice - didn't you say you had some sort of engineering degree from the U also?

ststephen
03-06-2009, 04:12 PM
BA in Mathematics & Physics University of Colorado, Boulder

I also have a high degree of "uncertainty".

BruteForce
03-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Double Major, CompSci & Business, U of U
Basic Airborne Course, US Army
Air Assault, US Army
Water Survival, US Army
Mountain Survival, US Army
SERE, US Army
GSEC (Gold), SANS
Masters, School of Hard Knocks (the World)

Am I KOALIFIED?

:naughty:

KapitanSparrow
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
B.A. in Journalism/Creative Writing, City University of New York :haha:

Fellow, Academy for Health Care Management

Formerly licensed asbestos handler :roflol:

James_B_Wads2000
03-06-2009, 06:00 PM

Were you in the ROTC at the U?

James

accadacca
03-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Good to see all the Utes so far.... :haha:

BruteForce
03-06-2009, 06:40 PM

Were you in the ROTC at the U?

Yes.

Jr. High ROTC
High School ROTC (Frankfurt (W. Germany), East High (Utah)
U of U

West Point (that's NOT ROTC)

Finally,

US Army (Europe, Middle East, Central America)

Udink
03-06-2009, 06:50 PM
A.S. from the College of Eastern Utah. I quit college while going to UVSC in order to work full-time. That was 12 years ago, and I'm still working for the same company. So far, it was worth dropping out of college.

abirken
03-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I have certificates coming out of the ying yang with my career choice.

Do have your certificate for ying yang laser hair removal? :haha:

James

I do as a matter of fact have certificates as a laser technician. We wouldn't want any burnt cookies now would we? :lol8:

greyhair biker
03-06-2009, 08:48 PM
No degrees. None. Many, many certificates of training in everything from airless paint sprayers to window and door installation, interior design, Trona Underground Foreman papers, oh, and many years of 'leadership training'....no degrees. Oh, and over 30 years of boy scouts :haha:

BruteForce
03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Oh, and over 30 years of boy scouts :haha:

Sorry,but living in Utah, the first thing that comes to mind is: PEDOPHILE

chickenlicken
03-06-2009, 09:08 PM
B.A. in Production Management w/minor in Spanish from USU.

greyhair biker
03-06-2009, 09:09 PM

good thiing most of my scouting was 'out of state' :eek2:

ddavis
03-07-2009, 06:40 AM
BS Chemistry, UofU, pushing 30 years at ATK (used to be Hercules)

My father was an ROTC instructor at the U (major in the army).
My brother and his wife are both West Point graduates.
Small world.

Last Child
03-07-2009, 07:22 AM
No degree for this boy. I spent two years at USU in Civil Engineering but decided that I hated school and did not even want to be an engineer.

Land Surveying was/is my love and at that time there was only one or two schools that even offered a surveying degree. So I went to work full time in pursuit of the experience needed in order to take the Professional Surveyors tests. Tons of self study and some specialized surveying classes. Now I have those National tests behind me all I need to do is take a test for each state I want to be licensed in. So far Utah and Idaho. I'm currently thinking about going for Nevada and Wyoming. A few more feathers in my headdress would be nice I guess.

shlingdawg
03-07-2009, 07:23 AM
A.S. from Weber State

B.S. from U of U - Behavioral Science and Health

jumar
03-07-2009, 08:43 AM
BS in CS from UVU

Don
03-07-2009, 09:18 AM

I would have thought that in Utah a 30 year scout leader is likely a good and active mormon, probably with sons of his own, who got calling-pigeon-holed and never made bishop. :haha:

Don
03-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Oh, and I'm in school at UVU working toward a BA in History. Thinking about the UofU for a masters...eventually...

IntrepidXJ
03-07-2009, 10:12 AM
BA Information Systems
Elmhurst College

KapitanSparrow
03-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Oh, and I'm in school at UVU working toward a BA in History. Thinking about the UofU for a masters...eventually...

I minored in history :haha: :2thumbs:

Heh, my WW2 teach was a German dude straight out of Germany with awesome accent. Not sure if he picked to teach WW2 history in order to face the deamons of his country's history or what but he did wonderful work. Everyone loved his class.

Don
03-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm taking WWII now. The teacher has got some bias' about the war and lets them show, often. He gets emotional in class when talking about the sad parts of the war. He really bugs me when asking questions of the class; he'll ask a question and then cut off the reponce of a student in mid sentence. I honestly think he likes the sound of his own voice. He also tends to tell stories about personal interactions he's had with WWI vets; I met so and so who actually met General Patton and he told me... or I interviewed so and so who was at Utah beach and had his buddy die in his arms... Actually that ties into the emotionality. He's more of a performer than a teacher. It's annoying.

DiscGo
03-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Heh, my WW2 teach was a German dude straight out of Germany with awesome accent. Not sure if he picked to teach WW2 history in order to face the deamons of his country's history or what but he did wonderful work. Everyone loved his class.

:haha:

I also went to UVU (UVSC at the time). I majored in Political Science but ended up getting a degree in Fire Science (along with my Fire 1, Fire 2, & EMT Intermediate). I was going to be a fire fighter, but switched careers just over a year ago.

I wish I had studied computers a long time ago but what do you do?

Cirrus2000
03-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I also went to UVU (UVSC at the time). I majored in Political Science but ended up getting a degree in Fire Science (along with my Fire 1, Fire 2, & EMT Intermediate). I was going to be a fire fighter, but switched careers just over a year ago.
I had no idea! That's really interesting. Any particular reason for moving away from fire fighting, or was it moving toward something else. If you don't mind my asking. :popcorn:

Brewhaha
03-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Come on Cougs....represent!

BS Mathematics BYU
MS Mathematics BYU
Ed.D. (finishing this April) Curriculum and Instruction USU

basilone0331
03-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Currently a junior at the U as a Biology major (directly related to the lack of time to post here or anything resembling free time). I hope to put a PharmD after my name.

greyhair biker
03-07-2009, 09:48 PM

I would have thought that in Utah a 30 year scout leader is likely a good and active mormon, probably with sons of his own, who got calling-pigeon-holed and never made bishop. :haha:
....BISHOP?!....NEVER!! :eek2: :lol8: :popcorn:

rockgremlin
03-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Come on Cougs....represent!

BS Mathematics BYU
MS Mathematics BYU
Ed.D. (finishing this April) Curriculum and Instruction USU

WOW! :hail2thechief:

I'll bet you're a pretty good math teacher, regardless of where you recieved your degrees from. :haha:

savanna3313
03-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Majored in business at LSU but didn't get full degree. Left in my 3rd yr. Went into business on my own in New Orleans for 17 yrs. Then moved to SLC where I now "do" real estate. I can also join Ice and others by adding the School of Hard Knocks to my resume. I sometimes think that's the best education of all! :haha:

DiscGo
03-08-2009, 07:17 AM
[ Any particular reason for moving away from fire fighting, or was it moving toward something else. If you don't mind my asking. :popcorn:

Well the first part of moving away from Fire Fighting was I did not have a job. You practically need to have your Dad be in charge of hiring here in Utah to get hired on a Fire Fighter. Secondly, when my wife got pregnant I had flash backs to being a kid and having my Dad take care of me during the night and I realized that it was my childhood dream to be a firefighter, but it is my adulthood dream to be a good Dad and I wanted to be home at nights.

I needed insurance when I got back from Alaska last year with a wife who was 7 months pregnant, so I got a job doing Dell tech support for the insurance (my Dad has done computers my whole life, so I have grown up knowing them), I enjoyed computers and it was a quick way to get a career going after 8 years of playing in Alaska so I set out to be a Network Admin. Now one year later from working at Dell, I am a network administrator. The end. :D

blueeyes
03-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Lic. Nail Technician in UT and (use to have one in TN) Keep it current so that I can get discounted shampoo and conditioner. But I give a mean maicure and pedicure. Had a killer business back in TN.

AS in General Studies WSU
AAS in Clinical Laboratory Science WSU
BS in Clinical Laboratory Science WSU

Probably get my Masters in Education but not ready to start down that road yet. However I think I might take classes in Photography do something fun I get 6 credits free. Also thinking of taking Rock Climbing, Billards, and Ice Skating.

Kent K25
03-08-2009, 03:23 PM
BS in Mechanical Engineering (Math Minor) BYU

Deathcricket
03-09-2009, 10:53 AM
None. I went to college for 2 years to become a cardiovascular tech, then decided I wanted to become a graphic animator. One year into that I found out I had zero artistic skill, so defaulted into network communications. Lots of certs though.

DiscGo
03-09-2009, 10:55 AM
One year into that I found out I had zero artistic skill...

:haha:

devo_stevo
03-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I got my AutoCAD user's certificate in AutoCAD v.2000 :ne_nau:

Other than that, it's been all on the job training and steel erectors yelling at me. Fortunately for me, a degree doesn't trump common sense and experience in my field.

Scott Card
03-09-2009, 11:31 AM
I am working on a degree in patience. Between the political section and raising kids, it will be a while before I have any degree of patience. :haha:

Alex
03-09-2009, 11:59 AM
BS in Psychology from U of U
MS in Computer Information Systems from U of P
Dr in Fatherhood and Husbandry :haha:

Sombeech
03-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Bachelor of Science
Sales & Service Technology

live2ride
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Double Major @ WSU
Criminal Justice and Sales

AA
BA-Bachelor of Arts
Sales & Service Technology

MBA Coming soon.

And the school of Hard Knocks? Gets you no where, everyone has that degree and is well qualified in there eyes. I have never been able to put that down on a resume and have it open doors for me... :roflol:

adamsco
03-10-2009, 07:15 PM
BA Behavioral Science and Health w/Economics Minor from U of U (2007)

Working on a Master of Public Health at Westminster College (2010)

Other degrees I'd like:

Environmental Science
Anthropology
Political Science
Economics (got the minor)
Psycology/Sociology
Biology (was a bio major at one time)
History

TreeHugger
03-10-2009, 08:31 PM
I am working on a degree in patience. Between the political section and raising kids, it will be a while before I have any degree of patience. :haha:

:haha: :2thumbs:

BS Special Education (Eastern MI Univ)
MS Guidance & Counseling (also EMU)