PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogging Stroller

neilether
03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm looking for some advice on a quality jogging stroller. If anybody has any experience, let me know what brand, and what options are good. For instance what are the pros/cons of getting a fixed wheel vs. a swivel wheel on the front.

I'm not looking to get the cheapest one out there, as I would like it to be fairly decent. However, I'm also not able to spend $600 either.......

Deathcricket
03-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Mine is a terrain stroller, not sure what the difference is, but I have the Jeep Liberty stroller and it friggin rocks. I guess my only complaint would be the tires seem to deflate pretty often. They never completely deflate like flat but just get a little "saggy". It does come with it's own built in pump though. Only takes a min to get it pumped back up. But maybe every 2 weeks I set it down and notice they are a little low. It works good also for shopping and I take it on chuckwalla and Zion trails fairly often. I find it a little hard to jog with both hands resting on the bar, I like to have my hands to the side and swinging. But that would be with any stroller I think. It's also excellent going up and down curbs, very stable and I never worry about my speed. But I still find it better exercise to push it up some steep hills rather than jogging. YMMV.

Also has some cool toys in the front to keep the kid entertained and built in speakers that hook up to any mp3 device like your ipod or Zune. Good traction in snow too!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3064338

Deathcricket
03-04-2009, 05:15 PM
LOL I just noticed that link I posted is too funny. I honestly don't remember where I bought it. Perhaps it was a baby shower gift even.

trackrunner
03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Bob Revolution

pro: both fixed and swivle wheel (flick the lever to switch between the modes). light weight. shade guard covers the baby well. cargo room. full stride while pushing it.

con: doesn't fold compactly

CrazyFinn
03-04-2009, 07:10 PM
deathcricket - Go to the auto supply store and get some 'slime' and put in those tires. That will fix 'em. :nod:

Deathcricket
03-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Ahh thank you, I will try that.

*high five*