PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Windows Vista

Sombeech
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
I just installed Windows 7.

I've heard nothing but good things about it. I'll be testing it out until August.

Alex
03-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I just got the memo from Microsoft, that they are scraping the Windows 7 project and main streaming Vista due to economy .... so you need to reinstall once again. :eek2:

DiscGo
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I have been using Windows 7 for a couple of months. There still appear to be some driver issues with my laptops video card, so I tweaked it for best performance (cutting out some of the style of aero but reducing my problems with it).

UAC still sucks in Windows 7 (It won't be until Windows 15 that UAC will be worth while).

Remote desktop is awesome in Windows 7.

accadacca
03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I think Microsoft is going to stop supporting XP after May or something like that. Forcing everyone on Vista. Have fun! :haha:

KapitanSparrow
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I think Microsoft is going to stop supporting XP after May or something like that. Forcing everyone on Vista. Have fun! :haha:

Noooooooooo! :eek2:

stefan
03-02-2009, 07:18 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about it. I'll be testing it out until August.

:haha: beech ... windows 7 IS windows vista ... just modified.

Sombeech
03-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I've been able to install all of my XP programs that wouldn't work with Vista.

VICTORY

Last Child
03-03-2009, 06:31 AM
I had a laptop crash on me last week. I use this computer a lot to do work in the evenings and weekends while "watching" tv. It's a computer that now must be replaced. I also use an older version of Autocad that apparently has had some issues with Vista. Luckily I found a new computer that fits my need that comes with a Vista downgrade to XP disk. So if I have issues with Vista I will "downgrade" to XP. I am so glad. When I finally make the move to Vista it's gonna cost some $$$$ to replace all my other software. Let alone the training that goes along with the new software. :frustrated:

asdf
03-03-2009, 06:36 AM

no its not.

stefan
03-03-2009, 07:42 AM

no its not.

hey, summit, this is the general discussion forum, nothing's ever serious up here :lol8:

DiscGo
03-03-2009, 08:25 AM
hey, summit, this is the general discussion forum, nothing's ever serious up here :lol8:

:haha:

asdf
03-03-2009, 08:58 AM

yes it is :roflol:

Sombeech
03-03-2009, 10:04 AM
So I work with a lot of School Teachers; as if that weren't interesting enough, this story does continue.

Weber School District is still on XP. I'll be asked when we're going to the "dreadful new Vista". I follow up and ask what bad experiences they've had with it.

This is probably verbatim for 95% of all PC users out there:

Them - Oh, it's not that great of a system
Me - Yeah? Have you had problems with it?
Them - Yes, I don't like it.
Me - What's happening?
Them - Oh, I've just heard that a lot of people don't like it.

Now, this is Vista. Sure, Vista has gotten a bad wrap, and sure it has some problems. But out of 100 people that complain about it, I hear of only one legit issue they've had.

With Windows 7, I'm already seeing some improvements though. For instance, my video editing programs that weren't supported in Vista, are supported in Windows 7. With the 2 hours experience I've had with 7, that's a definite good sign.

Iceaxe
03-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Windows Vista is a POS!

PolarXJ
03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
LOL

Iceaxe
03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
I follow up and ask what bad experiences they've had with it.

What's wrong with Microsoft Windows Vista?

Vista enforces new forms of

Sombeech
03-04-2009, 02:44 PM
well that's just mean

Iceaxe
03-04-2009, 02:54 PM
:lol8: well you were the one who asked....