PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the BST is pretty dry

live2ride
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
So i was up at Red Butte last friday and it looked as though the trail was pretty dry and there were some riders and plenty of runners. I think I may hit up the trail tommorow afternoon if it isn't too windy and try to ride it a bit. I also looked on motionbased and it looked as people have been riding it and saying that there are only a few muddy spots in the canyons. Has anyone ridden this yet? Or been out to ride? Time for Tuesday night rides to get rolling with Daylight savings this weekend!!

live2ride
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Anyone here???? :ne_nau:

Sombeech
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM
This was from hiking on Friday. Still quite a bit of packed snow, just a little mud. This was the ogden section

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16082

live2ride
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah ogden is out of the question, they got a ton of snow compared to the BST is slc, I was up there and there were bikers that werent very mnuddy and I talked to them and they said there were only a few wet spots. I am gonna go tommorow so we will see how it is!

MtnBkr
03-02-2009, 06:34 PM
From the news this evening. Short sleeves, short pants, no snow, probably on the BST above SLC . . .

bbennett
03-03-2009, 07:47 AM
From the news this evening. Short sleeves, short pants, no snow, probably on the BST above SLC . . .

Nice of them to leave their bikes right in the middle of the trail :nono: .

live2ride
03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes! I am there hopefully I can get out of work a bit early and go hit the trail!

Tumbleweed
03-03-2009, 09:44 PM
I tried the Kaysville/Fruit Heights section of the BST this afternoon south of the Adams Canyon trail. It is still covered with 6-9 inches of snow on about half the trail (north slopes). The other half is everywhere from dry to really muddy. I wouldn't recommend riding it just yet.

Beau

live2ride
03-04-2009, 08:45 AM
I tried the Kaysville/Fruit Heights section of the BST this afternoon south of the Adams Canyon trail. It is still covered with 6-9 inches of snow on about half the trail (north slopes). The other half is everywhere from dry to really muddy. I wouldn't recommend riding it just yet.

BeauGood rule of thumb...when the houses in the surrounding valley and benches still have snow, or you look out the window and see something white on the benches....it's snow..... :roflol: Sorry I couldn't resist..

Tumbleweed
03-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah...I should have known better! But the weather was so nice it was calling me...had to try.

live2ride
03-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah...I should have known better! But the weather was so nice it was calling me...had to try.
Yeah I am itching to get out, when it warms up pm me and we will hit up the bst in layton since I live in layton too!

Gixxer
03-16-2009, 07:39 AM
shoreline trail is pretty good north of 12th in Ogden
I rode it Sunday to the nature center around 1100 N

live2ride
03-16-2009, 07:47 AM

How did the tires handle that? Come out with some punctures? I stopped riding that section because I was so sick of the goat heads along there, even when I was running stans I would run into trouble here and there because there were som many! This warm weather should clear out alot of that snow up on the bench, untill then I guess I will stick to the road and my trainer to get ready for some kick ass biking.

Tumbleweed
03-16-2009, 09:41 PM
I took these on Sat after hiking in from the East Mtn Wilderness trailhead. Most the trail is dry with the exceptions being the parts pictured below. People have been riding it as you see, but I think it will be mostly good if the weather stays warm all week.

Beau

live2ride
03-17-2009, 10:15 AM
I am not to fond of riding in the mud anymore but that looks like this warm weather this week and the bikers mushhing it up it should be ready to roll anytime next week...if the weather holds!!! Thanks for the update!

Gixxer
03-19-2009, 07:01 AM

How did the tires handle that? Come out with some punctures? I stopped riding that section because I was so sick of the goat heads along there, even when I was running stans I would run into trouble here and there because there were som many! This warm weather should clear out alot of that snow up on the bench, untill then I guess I will stick to the road and my trainer to get ready for some kick ass biking.

no punctures, surprisingly
I rode a little ways yesterday from the Jumpoff trailhead, and still have air in my tires....I can hardly believe it. Last spring it was 3 rides, 3 flats.

I'm just so happy as hell to be outside on a trail, that repairing flats wouldn't keep me home at this point.
:2thumbs: