PDA

View Full Version : Tech question

FROGGER
02-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Can an employer access the text messages on a company paid for phone that synchronizes email through microsoft exchange.. to clairfy, are text messages logged through the exchange server similarly to the emails, contacts and such..

??

Sombeech
02-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Alex would probably know this, but...

my guess is no, not through the Exchange Server. But if the employer really wanted the content, I'm thinking they could call the service provider and get that info.

denaliguide
02-28-2009, 02:28 AM
what you been doing that you don't want your employer to see? sexting on the company dime? :nono:

Alex
02-28-2009, 05:40 AM
Depends on the kind of messages. If you mean regular SMS messages, then no, it goes through the company. Unless, a company has a proxy setup. I know there are a few products out there that route all SMS messages through a content proxy. I'd talk to your tech guys to find out.

If an employer monitoring the traffic, they have to disclose that to employees.

BruteForce
02-28-2009, 06:37 AM
No, text messages are routed through the phone company. The employer would have a tough time trying to obtain those text messages.

Anything going to Exchange server (email/calendar/tasks, etc) is available to your employer however.

DiscGo
02-28-2009, 07:03 AM
BruteForce is correct. Exchange email is easy to track. If your company has a spam filter than all mail is tracked by default but the text messages are through your phone provider.

Sombeech
02-28-2009, 12:02 PM
So now will you please send me those things I requested?