PDA

View Full Version : Tri-State ATV Jamboree (Hurricane)

BruteForce
02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Anybody else participating in this? March 11-14th in Hurricane (HQ is fairgrounds).

I'll be there on the 10th and plan on RV dry camping in the Fairgrounds parking lot.

Reedus
02-25-2009, 06:08 PM
I love to ATV and dirtbike, but one thing I HATE is crowds. When I go out, I want solitude. Nothing worse than driving around all day eating someone elses dust

BruteForce
02-25-2009, 06:23 PM
I love to ATV and dirtbike, but one thing I HATE is crowds. When I go out, I want solitude. Nothing worse than driving around all day eating someone elses dust

Agreed. This go around, since the economy is so poor, looks like there will be a max of 11 ATV's for the 16 rides out there. As I understand it, only 100 people signed up, so it shouldn't be crowded.

This will be my first Jamboree and I only signed up because I haven't ridden in the Southern Utah area and I wanted to capture staging areas on my GPSr so I could bring my family to these "hidden" riding locations.

nelsonccc
02-25-2009, 08:54 PM

Agreed. This go around, since the economy is so poor, looks like there will be a max of 11 ATV's for the 16 rides out there. As I understand it, only 100 people signed up, so it shouldn't be crowded.

This will be my first Jamboree and I only signed up because I haven't ridden in the Southern Utah area and I wanted to capture staging areas on my GPSr so I could bring my family to these "hidden" riding locations.

How are these things for dirt bikes? It would be killer if i could show up, get a map, GPS coords, etc then head out on my own. I definately would not want to follow a bunch of ATV's all day. I'm pretty familiar with the area already but I wonder if there are some secret gems that I don't know about that will be revealed?

BruteForce
03-13-2009, 07:54 PM
I've been down in Hurricane (and Kanab and now Marysvale) since last Monday afternoon.

Today, we drove from Hurricane to the Kanab area and rode Hog Canyon. What a great trail system. Think of Moab, Coral Pink, Logandale and Five Mile Pass all combined -- only warmer and better.

After the ride had completed, I packed up the RV and headed north along US89, hit Coral Pink sand dunes and am now camped for the night at Hoovers just outside Marysvale. On Saturday, I'll put the first ATV wheels down on the Paiute 74 trail and see how far up I can climb before the snow is too deep.

Well, I'd upload photos, but Bogley doesn't know how to handle a SPACE in the filename.

RedMan
03-15-2009, 08:59 PM
BF,

I see you found some of my geocaches.
They are very popular.

There are another 30 in the area we use just for the the GPS ride at the RM Jamboree.

How about a report on the Tri-State?

BruteForce
03-16-2009, 07:35 AM
BF,

I see you found some of my geocaches.
They are very popular.

There are another 30 in the area we use just for the the GPS ride at the RM Jamboree.

How about a report on the Tri-State?

Couldn't resist leaving the jam and heading up to Marysvale to play in the snow.

Once I get some time, I'll rename my photos to be Bogley friendly and provide a more detailed trip report.

The three caches I went after were quite tough in the snow and cold temperatures. The JAM1 cache was a bit off coords and I thought it was covered in snow until I found it sitting in a tree.

nelsonccc
03-17-2009, 11:48 AM
I've been down in Hurricane (and Kanab and now Marysvale) since last Monday afternoon.

Today, we drove from Hurricane to the Kanab area and rode Hog Canyon. What a great trail system. Think of Moab, Coral Pink, Logandale and Five Mile Pass all combined -- only warmer and better.

After the ride had completed, I packed up the RV and headed north along US89, hit Coral Pink sand dunes and am now camped for the night at Hoovers just outside Marysvale. On Saturday, I'll put the first ATV wheels down on the Paiute 74 trail and see how far up I can climb before the snow is too deep.

Well, I'd upload photos, but Bogley doesn't know how to handle a SPACE in the filename.

Any additional info on Hog canyon would be appreciated. Is it possible to ride from Coral Pink to this area? How much time, length, difficulty required for Hog Canyon?
Thanks.