PDA

View Full Version : Dunno where to hunt Turkry this year..

LB_Design
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm hunting the Northern Turkey hunt this may and i really dont even know where to go. This is my first year hunting turkey. I do know one area that i could go but its not very promising atm.

So if there are any suggestions out there to get me in an area i can scout. Please let me know. I could really use some help;)

Thank you

PolarXJ
02-18-2009, 08:03 AM
The only place that I've ever seen any turkeys is in Daniels Canyon. Right by the last couple of private lots on the way up to the summit. I don't know if the will or not give permission to hunt on their land.

LB_Design
02-18-2009, 02:42 PM
The only place that I've ever seen any turkeys is in Daniels Canyon. Right by the last couple of private lots on the way up to the summit. I don't know if the will or not give permission to hunt on their land.

I appreciate that. Unfortunately thats out of my hunting boundaries. But a good possibility for another year :haha:

Sombeech
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
I've never hunted turkeys, but my last two times at Bear Lake, I've seen a group of 8 turkeys walking around amongst the cabins above the SweetWater resort, above the Pickleville playhouse.

I haven't seen many in the wild though.

REDFOX
02-22-2009, 01:11 PM
What unit number did you draw out on ? I drew on the Zion area this year.

BruteForce
02-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Wish I could help. I tried for the Beaver/Richfield area three years in a row now and have come up without a tag.

Tons of Turkey down in that area. Damned near run them over while riding the Paiute trail!

shagster
02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Look at the new walk in areas for the northern tag. There are a lot of turkeys around, it is just finding the public land or access to private to hunt them. I know there are a lot up around the Bear Lake area, as well as the mountains west of Logan. If you take the time and look in the public canyons, guarentee you will find birds. I would suggest finding someone that is experienced to take you out if this is your first time. With the additional tags this year it will make for a more difficult hunt. Goodluck maybe I will see you out there (I have the same tag).