PDA

View Full Version : If you could time travel....

Iceaxe
02-16-2009, 04:22 PM
What time in history would you visit, and why?

I'm thinking.....

July 7, 1947 , Roswell, New Mexico - See the crash for myself.

November 22, 1963, Dallas, Texas - See if there was a second gunman.

Maybe travel with Lewis and Clark and see America before man ruined it.

:cool2:

blueeyes
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
I have always wanted to stand in just one spot and see what happened in fast forward. Does that count? I am not sure what spot, but one where there was lots of change and activity.

Or If I had to pick one place to travel back in time. Garden of Eden to see if Adam and Eve are real, and see what it supposedly looked like before the flood.

Don
02-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Easy, I want want to see some concerts:

Bob Marley.

Johnny Cash (preferably a Highwayman show with Willie, Waylon and Chris).

Sinatra.

Nina Simone.

Dizzy Gillespie.

Elvis.

Zeppelin.

U2 (during the Lovetown tour and again during the Zooropa tour).

Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Robert Johnson.

The Beatles.

The Stones (young stones, with Brian Jones).

Jimi Hendrix.

Lynyrd Skynyrd.

The Grateful Dead.

Jerry Lee Lewis.

Hank Williams.

Woodie Guthery.

Leadbelly.

Jeff Buckley.

Tim Buckley.

Nirvana (The MTV Unplugged in NY show)

Phish (New Years show, 12/31/95, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)

Dave Matthews Band (NY Central Park Show Sept 24 2003 or Red Rocks Weekend Sept 9-12 2005)

Tip of the iceburg. I could go on and on and on.

Wouldn't mind seeing who shot Kennedy, god appearing (or not) to various prophets and a live dinosaur but the music comes first.

Deathcricket
02-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Sad to say If I could go back in time I would just give myself stock tips. Instead of buying yahoo I would have bought google. I remember it opening at $85 a share and even though I loved the product was convinced it would never go up. Even after the crash it's still what.. $400 a share right now?

So weird you mention this though, I had a dream I time traveled last night. I was watching this show about Jefferson and how he won these battles using one indian tribe against another. And then double crossed them after the battle and took all their land away, no matter which side they were on.

Anyways I dreamt I went back in time and helped the indians establish a firm foothold against the early settlers. I was thinking it would slow down "progress" and help keep the land a bit more enjoyable for future generations. The logic was when they first landed, they were starving and have limited supplies. Eradicating the settlers early would keep the indians safe. Once completed, I traveled back to present day to see the results. Exactly the same, except everyone was indians and built 10 story teepee's.
:haha:

So I guess my brain was telling me that it was limited technology keeping the indians in check with nature and not that they were a better people than us who waste resources.

Lesson learned, never watch history channel before bed.

CrazyFinn
02-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Sad to say If I could go back in time I would just give myself stock tips.

Works for me. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mtnman1830
02-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Definatley tag along with Lewis and Clark, then maybe take off with Colter and do some trapping. Hear Jim Bridger's stories.

Maybe spend a season with Edward Abbey, Thoreau...

Once I get back, thought, I would have to make some investments for more travel time.

Iceaxe
02-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Just one thought for all you jokers thinking you're going to get rich knowing the future....

Just remember..... When it's my turn to go back in time I'm going to be stomping on butterflies. :lol8:

:popcorn:

Sombeech
02-16-2009, 07:10 PM
10 years from now

Mtnman1830
02-16-2009, 08:37 PM
10 years from now

Haven't you heard, The world is going to end December 21, 2012.

Funny, near the end of the first term of our president...

JP
02-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Hmmmmm, I'll start some crap with my answer :roflol: :roflol:

accadacca
02-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Buy a sports almanac... :haha:

denaliguide
02-16-2009, 10:20 PM
go back far enough and pop bin laden before he reached puberty.

savanna3313
02-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Easy, I want want to see some concerts:

Bob Marley.

Johnny Cash (preferably a Highwayman show with Willie, Waylon and Chris).

Sinatra.

Nina Simone.

Dizzy Gillespie.

Elvis.

Zeppelin.

U2 (during the Lovetown tour and again during the Zooropa tour).

Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Robert Johnson.

The Beatles.

The Stones (young stones, with Brian Jones).

Jimi Hendrix.

Lynyrd Skynyrd.

The Grateful Dead.

Jerry Lee Lewis.

Hank Williams.

Woodie Guthery.

Leadbelly.

Jeff Buckley.

Tim Buckley.

Nirvana (The MTV Unplugged in NY show)

Phish (New Years show, 12/31/95, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)

Dave Matthews Band (NY Central Park Show Sept 24 2003 or Red Rocks Weekend Sept 9-12 2005)

Tip of the iceburg. I could go on and on and on.

Wouldn't mind seeing who shot Kennedy, god appearing (or not) to various prophets and a live dinosaur but the music comes first.

I have been fortunate enough to have seen Zeppelin, Skynyrd and Stevie Ray in concert.........of course I was just a toddler at the time. :haha:

Yep......being at the grassy knoll the day Kennedy was shot would be pretty cool. And of course, I'd love to travel back to the South during the ante-bellum period. :spruceup: I'd like to attend the nation's first presidential inauguration to witness the swearing in of Washington, and travel back to the Elizabethan era......and ancient Greece and Rome....and the Wild West days of places like Dodge City and Tombstone.....etc.....etc.... :popcorn:

theking648
02-16-2009, 11:34 PM
i dream about going back in history but i usally take something with me like say

i'd take a .30 cal machine gun and .50 cal sniper back to the revolutionary war and pick em off one by one. (it's their fault for lining up in rows) :naughty:

take a hummer h1 or a trophy truck back to the old west and take a bunch of cow girls for a ride. :lol8:

ya stupid stuff like that.

JP
02-17-2009, 06:39 AM
:lol8:

Iceaxe
02-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Wow.... did I just travel back in time and bump this thread? my bad... :five:

I think I'll travel back to July 4th 1863 with a few cases of assault rifles for Pickett's men.... it would be interesting to see them clean off Cemetery Ridge and roll through the center of Meade's line and play hell.

Sombeech
02-17-2009, 12:59 PM
http://www.bhop73.com/stuff/forumfun/repost.jpg

Iceaxe
02-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Damn Beech.... bet your a lot of fun at parties.... :haha:

savanna3313
02-17-2009, 11:04 PM
I think I'll travel back to July 4th 1863 with a few cases of assault rifles for Pickett's men.... it would be interesting to see them clean off Cemetery Ridge and roll through the center of Meade's line and play hell.

Actually darlin', you would have to be there on July 3 1863 in order to help Pickett's men.

On July 3, Lee decided to press the attack to the Union center on Cemetery Ridge. At 1 in the afternoon, the southern artillery opened a bombardment that for a time engaged the massed guns of both sides in a thundering duel for supremacy, but did little to soften up the Union battle lines. Then came the climax of the Battle of Gettysburg...with a salute from Longstreet, General George E. Pickett, in a desperate attempt to recapture the partial success of the preceding day, spearheaded one of the most incredible efforts in military history...a massed infantry assault of 15,000 Confederate troops across the open field toward the Union center on Cemetery Ridge. One mile they marched, while being pounded by artillery and rifle fire. Through it all, Pickett's men reached but failed to break the Union line, and the magnificent effort ended in disaster. The tide of the Confederacy had "swept to its crest, paused, and receded." In 50 minutes, 10,000 in the assault had become casualties, and the attack - forever to be known as Pickett's Charge - was now history.

Why not just fly back and drop napalm on the "Northern aggressors"? :haha: hmmmm.....I knew you were a Confederate sympathizer at heart! :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
02-18-2009, 10:59 AM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/inkognittoman/Southern%20Pride/GeneralLees-TheSouthShallRise-375.jpg

RedMan
02-18-2009, 01:35 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/inkognittoman/Southern%20Pride/GeneralLees-TheSouthShallRise-375.jpg

Hmm whats wrong with this picture?

AHA No guns!

Iceaxe
02-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Women are crazy.... no way in hell I'm giving them firearms. :lol8:

RedMan
02-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Well not real ones, just props for the photo.

CrazyFinn
02-18-2009, 06:00 PM

Hmm whats wrong with this picture?

AHA No guns!

I didn't even get that far yet! :ne_nau:

blueeyes
02-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Well not real ones, just props for the photo.

I think you already have that thread going in the rubbish bin!

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15177

Iceaxe
02-19-2009, 07:35 AM
I think you already have that thread going in the rubbish bin!

God bless the rubbish bin. :2thumbs:

:lol8:

tanya
02-20-2009, 10:50 AM
I would want to go to the future... not much in the past but crazy killing and lots of disease there were no meds for.

ststephen
02-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Visit Glen Canyon without scuba equipment.

And, yes, see some Grateful Dead shows between '67 and '69.