ratagonia
02-16-2009, 09:14 AM
up and running...

http://canyoneeringusa.com/rave/index.htm

enjoy

Tom

rockgremlin
02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Really cool stuff. Amazing how green that water is.

The politics and Obama chit chat was a little distracting...kind of a political section/TR all rolled in one?

Iceaxe
02-16-2009, 10:55 AM
The politics and Obama chit chat was a little distracting...

I stopped reading when I hit the political crap and just looked at the pretty pictures...

What Is Politics?

A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?"

Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me capitalism. Your Mom, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the people. The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class. And your baby brother, we'll call him the Future. Now, think about that and see if that makes sense,"

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now."

The father says, "Good son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep poo."

:cool2:

oldno7
02-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Yep---political crap and TR's don't blend well. We already know Tom's political beliefs. :ne_nau: But I respect his right to promote them.

And the divisions grow stronger, I wonder how ones business might do if said business didn't try to alienate 50% of it's potential customers.

DiscGo
02-16-2009, 11:20 AM
I also really enjoyed the pictures and found myself really taken with the picture of the syrup container. It almost like a Norman Rockwell feel about it.

"Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep poo."

:haha:

ratagonia
02-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Yep---political crap and TR's don't blend well. We already know Tom's political beliefs. :ne_nau: But I respect his right to promote them.

And the divisions grow stronger, I wonder how ones business might do if said business didn't try to alienate 50% of it's potential customers.

No comments on the musical selections???

If you are annoyed by the political comments, then don't read the blog - wait for the squeeky clean, all-audience version on the Latest Rave Trip Reports.

I thought, in a time of crisis, we were all supposed to get behind and support the president 100% - the ONLY Patriotic thing to do... oh wait, that was when the shoe was on the other foot...

I certainly hope that most of the 50% (call them "Republicans") who I am "trying to alienate", believe (like I do) that here in the United States of America, we can respect people who have different political opinions than ourselves; and like them, and support their businesses, etc. Personally, I make exceptions, as has been noted, for proud racists.

HOPEFULLY, my audience is not limited to people that listen to Happy The Man, XTC and Marillion.

Tom :moses:

Iceaxe
02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
While I love listening to the latest Avenge Sevenfold CD and I love doing canyons..... I don't like listening to A7X while doing canyons....

It has nothing to do with my political views, music selections or choice of canyon.... its just that I prefer to keep those items separate.

YMMV

oldno7
02-16-2009, 12:32 PM
[quote=oldno7]

HOPEFULLY, my audience is not limited to people that listen to Happy The Man, XTC and Marillion.

I have no clue about these things you mention here. Too lazy to search.

Let's go at this from another angle:

xyz buckle company is owned by George W. Bush
abc buckle company is owned by Barack Obama

Who will Imlay Canyon gear buy from if the product is identical?

And by the way--I do support the President and hope is plans change something, because it ain't good right now.(shoes back on your foot)

I have also supported Imlay Canyon Gear. :popcorn:

Iceaxe
02-16-2009, 12:42 PM
shoes back on your foot

:haha:

http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/16/christmas.gif

oldno7
02-16-2009, 12:49 PM
You know Tom, I'm so tired of political back and forth I could puke.
It really wouldn't matter to me which party I might be affiliated with right now, I can't stand either.
I'm just saying--more than your Barack Obama add's, I'm tired of the same broken machine. I don't enjoy seeing political adds of any nature.

I'm thinking of starting a million man march, all well armed of course :naughty:

ratagonia
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM

I have no clue about these things you mention here. Too lazy to search.

And by the way--I do support the President and hope his plans change something, because it ain't good right now.(shoes back on your foot)

I have also supported Imlay Canyon Gear. :popcorn:

Thank you, Kurt. Appreciated.

Marillion and Happy The Man, on the Blog, were suggested "Music of the Day". The link provided takes you to the band's MySpace Music Page, where about 20 minutes of free music is available for streaming. XTC is the band I was listening to when typing that post.

And just to be clear. Entries marked "BLOG" are likely to have political commentary. I will note them as such in the future. They are also likely to have "other stuff", such as homey, feel good pictures of food items. See latest addition to the BLOG (click on the Feb 15 link to skip over the political commentary).

Entries considered "TRIP REPORTS" most likely will not.

Tom

ratagonia
02-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Imlay Canyon Gear buys from Canada, South Korea and The Phillipines. I am glad I am not buying from China, as their occupation of Tibet (and largely successful suppression of news of such) is extremely troubling. I was looking for a wetsuit vendor in China, now I hope to find one in Thailand.

Tom

ratagonia
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
While I love listening to the latest Avenge Sevenfold CD and I love doing canyons..... I don't like listening to A7X while doing canyons....

It has nothing to do with my political views, music selections or choice of canyon.... its just that I prefer to keep those items separate.

YMMV

You mean, these guys???: http://tinyurl.com/bz8jmu

Hmmmm. Might have to give it a listen - IN my next canyon...

T

Scott P
02-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Nice TR, but I'm a little confused by the Feb 12 report.

Feb 12 says 20-something canyon and one of the photos says Mile 29 Canyon. The photos don't look like Mile 29 canyon at all and Mile 29 Canyon is no where near the highway? :ne_nau: I assume it's Badger?

Feb 6 canyon looks really cool.

rockgremlin
02-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, in all fairness the TR part of the TR is really cool. Awesome pictures and cool experiences - refreshes my jealousy of the folks that are able to take off and do these extended canyon trips.

While some may consider me Republican, I consider myself as that Republican that votes Democratic much of the time. I too am concerned for the economic welfare of our country, and sincerely hope Obama is successful at his aims to improve things and clean up that stinky pile of crap that W left in the corner.

All of this said, it was unexpected to see such passionate political rhetoric smack dab in the middle of a canyon TR...that's all. :mrgreen:

ratagonia
02-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Nice TR, but I'm a little confused by the Feb 12 report.

Feb 12 says 20-something canyon and one of the photos says Mile 29 Canyon. The photos don't look like Mile 29 canyon at all and Mile 29 Canyon is no where near the highway? :ne_nau: I assume it's Badger?

Feb 6 canyon looks really cool.

Memory of the names is not my strength. Not Badger, maybe 19 mile? You understand, of course, Scott, that 20-something and 29-mile would be the same thing?

Tom

Scott P
02-16-2009, 05:56 PM
You understand, of course, Scott, that 20-something and 29-mile would be the same thing?

Yes, but that's why I was confused. None of the canyons in the 20-somethings or 29 mile (or even 19 mile) are close to the highway (it sounds like from the TR that you started hiking from the highway). If interested, Twentynine Mile Canyon is also labeled as Shinumo Wash (the lower part is known as Silver Grotto) and I have done that one at least most of the way through. If interested, it

ratagonia
02-16-2009, 06:19 PM
[quote=Scott P]
Yes, but that's why I was confused. None of the canyons in the 20-somethings or 29 mile (or even 19 mile) are close to the highway (it sounds like from the TR that you started hiking from the highway). If interested, Twentynine Mile Canyon is also labeled as Shinumo Wash (the lower part is known as Silver Grotto) and I have done that one at least most of the way through. If interested, it

Scott P
02-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Nah, I just have no idea. Ram says lets go do a canyon, I just go. It is a canyon that drops into Marble Canyon, near Badger, and has one drop. On the BLM side (north side of the river).

Got it. It's actually Sevenmile Draw (see Rich's photo).:2thumbs:

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/viewTrip.aspx?tripId=46319

trackrunner
02-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Nah, I just have no idea. Ram says lets go do a canyon, I just go. It is a canyon that drops into Marble Canyon, near Badger, and has one drop. On the BLM side (north side of the river).

Got it. It's actually Sevenmile Draw (see Rich's photo).:2thumbs:

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/viewTrip.aspx?tripId=46319

I can confirm this is Sevenmile because Hank & I did this canyon yesterday and we used that anchor. Pictures are from the same canyon.

TR to come.

:popcorn:

goofball
02-16-2009, 07:40 PM
really liked the cascades albums. looked like fun !