PDA

View Full Version : In-N-Out Burger coming to Draper

donny h
02-14-2009, 02:51 PM
In-N-Out to open near Utah copycat
February 12th, 2009, by Nancy Luna, Staff Writer

In-N-Out Burger plans to open its second fast-food restaurant in Utah. The new eatery will be located south of Salt Lake City and about 15 miles from Chadder

James_B_Wads2000
02-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Chadder

CrazyFinn
02-14-2009, 05:02 PM
I would trade In-N-out for Wendy's, BK, and McD's.
There was one by my old house and I liked the fry's and shakes there.

And you can't take away our Mexican fast food places. :naughty: I think there is one per block here. Of course when all the illegal aliens go back home because of lack of work they may close a few. The parking lot at Albertson's will also be empty. :haha:

Wasatch Rebel
02-15-2009, 05:20 AM
I'm just glad I live and work in Kearns instead of Draper. I'd be going there several times a week. :nod:

Mooseman70
02-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Just what Utah needs... another fast-food burger resturant. :roll:
James

Agreed. I'd like to see more nice places to eat, rather than all of the fast-food places that keep popping up.

In-N-Out is OK - overrated in my opinion, and that's coming from a So Cal native. Although, it'll be nice to have a place to use all of the In-N-Out gift cards I get when I go home for the holidays. :lol8: I used to have to drive to Vegas to redeem one!

I've become a fan of the flame-broiled burgers at the Crown / Apollo / Astro Burger chain. Tastier burgers, and the frys don't taste like cardboard.

Iceaxe
02-17-2009, 11:03 AM
This joint will be about 2 miles from my front door.....

There is already an Astro Burger and Cafe Rio in this same strip mall... fast food heaven....

http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Fat%20Guy.jpg

Jaxx
02-17-2009, 12:25 PM
I guess the people writing the article don't really know Utah that well. The in-n-out probably won't be a big competition for Chadders. They are too far apart.
I have been to in-n-out, Chadders, and EZ burger. They are all pretty much the same. I like the burgers but it isn't worth buying a t-shirt or bumper sticker for.

KapitanSparrow
02-17-2009, 01:09 PM
I heard Five Guys Burgers and Fries joint is rockin'!

http://www.fiveguys.com/ :five:

BruteForce
02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I read in the "Enterprise" that they are negotiating with Jordan Landing (out here in W. Jordan) as well.

I've never been to an "In-and-Out Burger", so don't understand all the fuss.

Deathcricket
02-17-2009, 04:08 PM
I guess the people writing the article don't really know Utah that well. The in-n-out probably won't be a big competition for Chadders. They are too far apart.
I have been to in-n-out, Chadders, and EZ burger. They are all pretty much the same. I like the burgers but it isn't worth buying a t-shirt or bumper sticker for.

I dunno dude. This was my thinking when the In/Out came here to St George. We have a bunch of decent burger places to eat and they are pretty much the same IMO. I would rate the one here as mediocre. My favorite is this place called Marv's. Anyways this place is packed 24/7. I've actually only eaten there once, but even driving by at 10AM, the line goes out into the best buy parking lot. People at my old work would spend their entire lunch break driving up 2 exits and then sit in line for 40 mins. They would be the envy of the call center when they walked back with trophy cups in hand. Totally bizarre.

I guess mine wasn't laced with heroin?

:ne_nau:

James_B_Wads2000
02-17-2009, 05:25 PM
I've become a fan of the flame-broiled burgers at the Crown / Apollo / Astro Burger chain. Tastier burgers, and the frys don't taste like cardboard.

As a native Utahan who grew up next to the Astro Burger, I would like to shake your hand and welcome you as brother. http://btjdesign.com/emoticons/shakehands2.gif

James

offpiste
02-17-2009, 09:39 PM

As a native Utahan who grew up next to the Astro Burger, I would like to shake your hand and welcome you as brother. http://btjdesign.com/emoticons/shakehands2.gif

James

I'm with ya on this one.

accadacca
02-17-2009, 09:42 PM

James

I'm with ya on this one.
I call the place, "the heart attack palace." :lol8:
My work posse goes every now and then for a laugh and to hang with cops and construction workers. :roflol:

Jaxx
02-18-2009, 10:54 AM
I dunno dude. This was my thinking when the In/Out came here to St George. We have a bunch of decent burger places to eat and they are pretty much the same IMO. I would rate the one here as mediocre. My favorite is this place called Marv's. Anyways this place is packed 24/7. I've actually only eaten there once, but even driving by at 10AM, the line goes out into the best buy parking lot. People at my old work would spend their entire lunch break driving up 2 exits and then sit in line for 40 mins. They would be the envy of the call center when they walked back with trophy cups in hand. Totally bizarre.

I guess mine wasn't laced with heroin?

:ne_nau:

Don't get me wrong. I love the burgers. I just think it has been hyped out of control. I have to be in the right mood though. A super greasy double double animal style doesn't sit well with my digestive system.
I would take a apollo burger over in n out most days though. Except that crappy one that is by the trax station at 3300 s. I think. Worst crap ever eaten. Gives me shivers thinking about the green hotdogs that even my 2 year old wouldn't eat.
What is that drive-inn that is on St George BLVD, near the freeway? I could be off on the street actually. If I remember it is west of the freeway. It was hella good.

Did you buy a in-n-out tshirt when you went? :roflol:

James_B_Wads2000
02-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Except that crappy one that is by the trax station at 3300 s. I think. Worst crap ever eaten. Gives me shivers thinking about the green hotdogs that even my 2 year old wouldn't eat.

Yeah I have had a couple of sub-par experiences with that location, never green hotdogs though. :lol8: Apollo has gone corporate and offer franchises. As a results the prices are a little cheaper but the quality is a little lower. The original location on North Temple still does a good job.

If you ever find yourself in that area again go down State Street to the Astro on 39th. All the Astro Burgers are still owed an operated by the original brothers and their families. So the quality has stayed high.

Crown Burger does a good job. I think they are all still owned by family. I don

stefan
02-18-2009, 11:45 AM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]

Crown Burger does a good job. I think they are all still owned by family. I don

Deathcricket
02-18-2009, 02:48 PM
What is that drive-inn that is on St George BLVD, near the freeway? I could be off on the street actually. If I remember it is west of the freeway. It was hella good.

Did you buy a in-n-out tshirt when you went? :roflol:

Oh that place with the neon sign of a "fat kid eating a hamburger"? I've never eaten there. The sign scares me, hehe. If I'm in the area I hit up Chuck-o-rama, Mongolian BBQ or Ruby Tuesday. I wish I could recall the name. Right next to Roberto's taco shop #12. Doh! I'll have to try it now that you said it's good.

Jaxx
02-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Oh that place with the neon sign of a "fat kid eating a hamburger"? I've never eaten there. The sign scares me, hehe. If I'm in the area I hit up Chuck-o-rama, Mongolian BBQ or Ruby Tuesday. I wish I could recall the name. Right next to Roberto's taco shop #12. Doh! I'll have to try it now that you said it's good.

Larsen's Frostop is the name. They have the fat kid with the hamburger. Food was good but prices were pretty high if I remember right. Super good shakes though. I don't think anything could beat a mongolian bbq IMO.

http://tinyurl.com/d8r7qr

Deathcricket
02-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Larsen's Frostop is the name. They have the fat kid with the hamburger. Food was good but prices were pretty high if I remember right. Super good shakes though. I don't think anything could beat a mongolian bbq IMO.

http://tinyurl.com/d8r7qr

That's it! Yeppers. oh and you put up a link for Marv's!! Ssshuuussshhh! Gotta keep the best hamburger joint on the planet a secret bro. Don't want to have a line when I go.
:haha:

CrazyFinn
02-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Right next to Roberto's taco shop #12.

Oh dang, you have those too. We have him plus all the cousins, uncles, and aunts. They are everywhere. No escape! :frustrated:

Kent K25
02-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Just got back from In n' Out St. George. Still worth the hype if you ask me.

Deathcricket
02-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh dang, you have those too. We have him plus all the cousins, uncles, and aunts. They are everywhere. No escape! :frustrated:

So funny you mention that. Some of my best memories are eating at the Robertos off of E main in El Cajon, sobering up around 2:30AM before driving home. Good Times!

:haha:

trackrunner
11-20-2009, 09:24 AM
bump

Open yesterday. Heard it was a zoo. I'll wait for the crowds to die down so I can walk in the door without having to wait in a line.

live2ride
11-20-2009, 09:31 AM
bump

Open yesterday. Heard it was a zoo. I'll wait for the crowds to die down so I can walk in the door without having to wait in a line.

that will probably be a year.? People are crazy over In and out!

KapitanSparrow
11-20-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't understand the hype? Why do we even need another fast food burger joint? :D I would understand if they opened Utah's first ever Polish restaurant or a Russian Banya complete with restaurant & bar, but burgers?

savanna3313
11-20-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't understand the hype? Why do we even need another fast food burger joint? :D I would understand if they opened Utah's first ever Polish restaurant or a Russian Banya complete with restaurant & bar, but burgers?

How about a really good Cajun/Creole restaurant? That would also be worthwhile. :2thumbs:

devo_stevo
11-20-2009, 01:44 PM
How about a really good Cajun/Creole restaurant? That would also be worthwhile. :2thumbs:

This.....I ate at a place in Lincoln, Nebraska called "Buzzard Billy's" and loved it. Great food and a great atmosphere with the blues music playing nice and loud. Yum.

accadacca
11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I agree with the hype. I love the place! I have not been to either of the new locations yet, but I will when the crowds die down. :2thumbs:

DaveOU812
11-21-2009, 05:38 AM
I've been a couple of times when I lived in California. The burgers are good but the fries need some work. I'd much rather go to Astro Burger any day.

Kent K25
11-21-2009, 09:14 AM
I've been a couple of times when I lived in California. The burgers are good but the fries need some work. I'd much rather go to Astro Burger any day.

Where is Astro Burger...I went to a place in Payson that was delicious. Was it Astro Burger?

As for In n Out, I actually REALLY like the fries, that's the main draw for me.

Iceaxe
11-21-2009, 02:11 PM
I just drove by In and Out.... It's a total zoo. The drive through window is over 1 mile long.

:eek2:

Sombeech
11-21-2009, 03:56 PM
It'll die down just like Krispy Kreme

Kent K25
11-21-2009, 06:17 PM

It's still always busy in California...at least the two up north near my parents home. It's the "cool" place to eat so it stays busy. High School kids keep it packed.

trackrunner
11-22-2009, 05:26 PM

It's still always busy in California...at least the two up north near my parents home. It's the "cool" place to eat so it stays busy. High School kids keep it packed.

Yeah I think Beach is under estimating this. In-N-Out will not contract like KK had to. It will get less mad house busy, but it will always be popular.

Kent K25
11-22-2009, 09:11 PM

Yeah I think Beach is under estimating this. In-N-Out will not contract like KK had to. It will get less mad house busy, but it will always be popular.

The one here in St. George has been open for about a year and a half now and I still have to wait in a line of 5-8 in the drive through even at odd hours (10:30 am or 3pm are the usual times I hit it up).

trackrunner
11-22-2009, 09:19 PM

The one here in St. George has been open for about a year and a half now and I still have to wait in a line of 5-8 in the drive through even at odd hours (10:30 am or 3pm are the usual times I hit it up).

Same I only go to the St. Gorge (and now northern utah) at odd ours and still wait in a shorter line. But I think it will die down from the drive through going around the block and the interstate exit at a grid lock and back ups on the freeway during none rush hour times.

Was talking to the guy in St. George several months after it opened and he said they had to make an emergency shippment all the way from Cali to restock because they were forecasted to run out of supplies later that night. Made it 15 minutes from closing prematurly. Straight from the truck to the grill no stocking.

accadacca
12-03-2009, 02:32 PM
I gave it a shot the other week-night and waited about 35 minutes in the drive-thru at 8:30 PM. I would have to say it was worth the wait. My wife and I are in the area all the time and it is constantly packed. Wonder when it will die off? A few pix...

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs099.snc3/16652_1263642120915_1525610944_30712317_4696206_n. jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs099.snc3/16652_1263647201042_1525610944_30712380_1777727_n. jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs119.snc3/16652_1263650641128_1525610944_30712387_2661991_n. jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs099.snc3/16652_1263652521175_1525610944_30712388_6254435_n. jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs099.snc3/16652_1263654161216_1525610944_30712389_6342879_n. jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs119.snc3/16652_1263655161241_1525610944_30712390_7049504_n. jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs119.snc3/16652_1263655401247_1525610944_30712391_7803929_n. jpg

Iceaxe
12-03-2009, 02:47 PM
OK.... so as an In-N-Out n00b.... what do I want to order?

What would make a n00b want to come back a second time.

:slobber:

savanna3313
12-03-2009, 02:59 PM

Ok....you should like this - just make sure you order your burger "animal style" :2thumbs: :lol8: You can check out their menu online before you go.

I finally braved the lines the other day (you actually get in line on the back road behind the Kohl's store) and went around 3:30 for a late lunch. We waited about 25 minutes. Got the single burger - animal style - and fries. I thought it was really good......but I also still like Crown Burgers. :2thumbs:

accadacca
12-03-2009, 03:30 PM

Ok....you should like this - just make sure you order your burger "animal style" :2thumbs: :lol8: You can check out their menu online before you go.

I finally braved the lines the other day (you actually get in line on the back road behind the Kohl's store) and went around 3:30 for a late lunch. We waited about 25 minutes. Got the single burger - animal style - and fries. I thought it was really good......but I also still like Crown Burgers. :2thumbs:

I am a big fan of crown, astro, etc too. I just ate at the Draper location this week. With In-N-Out its all about the special sauce and fresh ingredients. I just got the cheeseburger fries and a coke. Their menu is very basic...

Iceaxe
12-03-2009, 03:34 PM
its all about the special sauce

That's scary.... :lol8:

Pelon1
12-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Double Double with fresh onions and the Fries animal style is the way to go!! :hitit:

trackrunner
12-03-2009, 05:59 PM

double double animal style

Scott Card
12-03-2009, 08:04 PM

I think the answer is Ray's....

bbennett
12-04-2009, 05:43 AM
I could have sworn that there used to be one in Orem years ago that went out of business. If I'm correct, this just goes to show how many California transplants we have now.

Sombeech
12-04-2009, 07:30 AM
double double animal style

could I get one doggy style?

UTJetdog
12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
[quote=donny h]In-N-Out to open near Utah copycat
February 12th, 2009, by Nancy Luna, Staff Writer

In-N-Out Burger plans to open its second fast-food restaurant in Utah. The new eatery will be located south of Salt Lake City and about 15 miles from Chadder