RugerShooter
02-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Just another reason to have guns

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=333&sid=5566706

you will have to click the link to see the video

Gun battle on tape
February 11th, 2009 @ 9:19am
By David Marino, NBC Newschannel

A Tucson, Arizona homeowner alerted of an impending home invasion by his security cameras, armed himself and took matters into his hands when four armed suspects attempted to break into his home last week.

In the surveillance video you see a vehicle pull up, and four men run out. One of them is carrying what appears to be an AR-15 or M-16, a weapon which could be fully automatic.

The robbery happened in broad daylight. All the action was caught by the homeowners outdoor surveillance system.

"The victim was able to get back inside his house, close his door, semi barricade it, reach for a weapon that was easily accessible," said Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Earl Gieron.

The homeowner shot at the suspects. He even put a bullet through the windshield of the suspects car, which is also caught on camera.

The four men retreated and took off. All of them remain on the run.

Sheriff's officials say the homeowner has surveillance cameras installed all around his house.

People living in the neighborhood heard all the gunshots, and saw the aftermath. Some stray bullets even hit a home across the street.

Lawrence Cruz lives down the street from where the attempted home invasion happened. "I am very watchful where we live and I think everybody has right to defend their property," said Cruz.

Detectives did find the suspect's vehicle, but the four men are still on the run. One of the suspects has been identified as 23-year-old Jesus Mendivil. It's believed he was shot in the arm.

The three other men are all described as Hispanic males between 17 and 25-years-old.

PolarXJ
02-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Its crazy how bold criminals are getting.

MY T PIMP
02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
if it's up to the libs that dude would be fighting back with a bow and arrow. :lol8:

BruteForce
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
if it's up to the libs that dude would be fighting back with a bow and arrow. :lol8:

Nope. If it was up to the liberals, he wouldn't be fighting back at all, but would be opening his doors, getting trampled and have his stuff willingly stolen! :roll: