PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant advice in Vegas?

Deathcricket
02-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Anyone have any advice for nice restaurants in Vegas? Planning a surprise and taking the wife there for valentines day. Got the show tix, got the hotel, and rental car no problemo. I tried getting reservations at Il Mulino's http://www.ilmulino.com/index.html but they were booked. I guess I should not wait till the last minute. Anyone have any other ideas of something still available?

:ne_nau:

denaliguide
02-09-2009, 03:59 PM
i think it was the americana in the rio. its a great place to get a good steak.

or take her to burger king and let her super size it as a treat. :roflol:

ilanimaka
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
What genre of food are you looking for. My sis lives there and her hubby likes to go out to these nice restaurants. I can ask him for ya.

Deathcricket
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Hehe denali ...

Thanks! Anything half way decent. Beggars can't be choosers right? If I had my choice I would go italian though.

Edit: Ok scratch it... I found this place called Gallagher's Steakhouse in the New York New york, which is perfect since the show we are seeing is there. Thanks anyways guys! I thought being valentines day it would be really really hard, but turns out it wasn't so bad.

:five:

accadacca
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Personally I like the buffets. This might not work for a romantic date night. :lol8:

My choice would be the Bellagio Buffet. :ne_nau:

Deathcricket
02-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I dig buffets too, no waiting in line, all you can eat, lots of choices.... but yeah not so romantic. There's always breakfast though.
:2thumbs:

denaliguide
02-09-2009, 04:52 PM
i'm big on buffets too. pun intended. carnival world buffet in the rio. thats my fav.

Iceaxe
02-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Take her to Margatriaville.... you don't even need to be romantic.... the Tequila does all the work for ya. :lol8:

:giveit:

BruteForce
02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I planned a surprise for my wife in Vegas a few years ago:

- Dropped random clues throughout the house
- One clue led to another
- Each clue led to an article of clothing (or something for the trip)
- Shoes
- Dress
- Plane ticket
- Note to open door at 6:00pm to find the limo waiting
- Limo took her to the airport with plane tickets

I had tickets to Vegas (and was already there). At the airport, a Limo was waiting that took her to the Paris. She was booked in, and a note was waiting in the room (with roses) that indicated she was to go to steak house on the Stratosphere tower.

Great restaurant.

Also, you can't miss hitting the good restaurants in the Paris. Nice hotel and provides for an excellent romantic get away!

RedMan
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Hehe denali ...

Thanks! Anything half way decent. Beggars can't be choosers right? If I had my choice I would go italian though.

Edit: Ok scratch it... I found this place called Gallagher's Steakhouse in the New York New york, which is perfect since the show we are seeing is there. Thanks anyways guys! I thought being valentines day it would be really really hard, but turns out it wasn't so bad.

Gallaghers RULES. Use to the go to the one near Times Square and it was always fantastic.

Sombeech
02-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Bellagio Buffet FTW

blueeyes
02-10-2009, 07:21 AM

- Shoes
- Dress
- Plane ticket

I had tickets to Vegas (and was already there). At the airport, a Limo was waiting that took her to the Paris. She was booked in, and a note was waiting in the room (with roses) that indicated she was to go to steak house on the Stratosphere tower.

Great restaurant.

Also, you can't miss hitting the good restaurants in the Paris. Nice hotel and provides for an excellent romantic get away!

:2thumbs: Well done!

Ih8grvty
02-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Anyone have any advice for nice restaurants in Vegas? Planning a surprise and taking the wife there for valentines day. Got the show tix, got the hotel, and rental car no problemo. I tried getting reservations at Il Mulino's http://www.ilmulino.com/index.html but they were booked. I guess I should not wait till the last minute. Anyone have any other ideas of something still available?

stinky dicks! or maybe its dirty dicks?
I do not recall, but its a good time...
While I do not recall the precise name, it is in the Excalibur.
The help is rude, and its part of the theme. of course I would also like to suggest you eat at the pink taco!
and no, I am not making that up.

Deathcricket
02-10-2009, 09:51 AM
http://www.excalibur.com/restaurants/dicks_last_resort.aspx

I was actually thinking you were messing with me until I heard you say "pink taco". It's "Dicks Last Resort". That was actually her favorite bar when we lived in San Diego. We'd go there quite often to listen to this band called "Disco Pimps". Ahh memories.. Man if only the disco pimps were playing in vegas, that would score me ENDLESS bonus points!

- Shoes
- Dress
- Plane ticket

Great restaurant.

Damn that is a little better than I can afford. We're driving to vegas, only 1 1/2 hours away but I did rent an Acura MDX which is going to be her next car so it's kinda like a test drive, she'll like that. And everything was going to be a surprise, but I forgot she checks the bank account quite often online, and asked me about a couple large purchases. Oh well, next time I put it on a credit card so the bill doesn't come for a bit. Got decent tickets for Zumanity, which neither of us has seen. Hmm, I should buy her a nice dress though, that's a good idea bro. Little details seem to make all the difference.

Gallaghers RULES. Use to the go to the one near Times Square and it was always fantastic.

Schweet, that's the kind of response I was hoping for. Thanks!

NO BUFFETS!! Chick weekend yo! I was hoping we could do one guy thing and sneak to the Star Trek experience but I heard it closed. Oh well...

Iceaxe
02-10-2009, 10:00 AM
and sneak to the Star Trek experience

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/princessanja/NerdAlert.gif

:lol8:

The best and most manly thing in all of Vegas is the car collection at the Imperial Palace.
http://autocollections.com/

And don't forget to print out the free pass
http://autocollections.com/index.cfm?action=free&tab=free
otherwise they try to nick you big time at the door.

Best of all your wife will probably tolorate, and even enjoy, this little side trip. You can thank me latter.

Deathcricket
02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
:roflol:

I must truly be a nerd cause looking at old cars has zero appeal to me. Must be the lack of testosterone in my system.

Now that I think about it, there isn't many nerdy things to do in Vegas. Interesting, you'd think the Bill gates of the world would want a place to play as well. Dressing up in swords and armor in Excalibur is probably the only nerdy thing that comes to mind actually. I used to go there for comics, action figures, and everquest conventions. Now nothing... Weird!

denaliguide
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
you can go window shopping at bass pro shop. or theres the huge outlet mall on the otherside of the highway.

Jaxx
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
We always take the kids to the M&M factory. You can even make out during the movie. Nothing more romantic than that. :roflol:

Ih8grvty
02-10-2009, 01:28 PM
We always take the kids to the M&M factory. You can even make out during the movie. Nothing more romantic than that. :roflol:

Kids???
On a valentines day date?
Please tell me no!

savanna3313
02-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Emeril's at the MGM Grand. This place is somewhat pricey, but worth every penny. Not too dressy, but I wouldn't wear jeans. The service is top notch plus it's romantic....... :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Mario Batalli's restaurant at the Venetian. Always wanted to try that one :nod:

tanya
02-11-2009, 09:37 AM
The best I have been to recently in Vegas is at the Wynn....

"Alex is recognized by AAA as a Five Diamond Restaurant, one of only three in Las Vegas"

I had a table right by the fountain and there were cute and rather large frogs and stuff that appeared in the fountain throughout the 3 hour dinner. This is where to go to impress your lady. Expect to dish out a few hundred for dinner and wine though. The show there was only so - so though. Lot of fun water stuff but I never got the idea of the whole show.

http://www.vegas.com/searchagent/restaurant/ViewRestaurant.do?restaurantId=3903

Another nice place, and with great wine and not as pricey is a place I like called Grape Street.

http://grapestreetcafe.com/about_us.html

If you pass through St. Geroge, then hit Scaldoni's. I really love that one. The atmosphere is great and the food is wonderful. Painted Pony is okay, but I like Scaldoni's better. The Seafood Company is the other high ranked restaurant there, but I have not been in that one since it changed names.

Have a fun night with the wife!