PDA

View Full Version : SLC partner for Moab

Iceaxe
02-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Anyone from SLC interested in Moab this weekend?

Looking for someone to share a ride to Moab and to do a double super secret canyon on Saturday. Nothing difficult about the canyon.

PM me if interested.

Don
02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Anyone from SLC interested in Moab this weekend?

Looking for someone to share a ride to Moab and to do a double super secret canyon on Saturday. Nothing difficult about the canyon.

PM me if interested.

Stupid Army weekend! Damn. Damn. Damn. :frustrated:

Iceaxe
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Come on....don't be a pussy.....

Down Friday night after work. Back Saturday or Sunday (Your choice). It's an awesome canyon (should be dry)........... noob's welcome so long as you can slide down a rope without getting your daddy parts caught in the rappel device....

:popcorn:

mrbrejcha
02-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Isn't it supposed to rain this weekend?

Iceaxe
02-05-2009, 08:15 PM
I found a partner.... thanks for playing.

:cool2:

DWayne27
02-06-2009, 09:45 AM
So- does that mean you arent interested in any additional partners? I want to do a double secret canyon....

Iceaxe
02-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Because of some logistical issues involved with this route the trip is full.

But if you want to do a canyon together I'll add you to my list of potential victims... err... I mean partners. I have a long list of super double secret routes I hope to tick off the list in the near future.

And DWayne.... check your PM's. :2thumbs:

:cool2:

Iceaxe
02-06-2009, 10:55 AM
And in the spirit of super double secret canyons I thought I'd post this oldie but goodie......

My pal woodie and I did a really cool canyon last week called "Gotcha". The canyon was rated 4C R V, but we did it in 4 hours. We only do canyons with a rating of 4R or 4X. Anything less then that is just technical hiking and not really worthy of us. Occasionally we will do a 3R or 3X, but then we put 50 lbs of sand in our packs and only use waterski rope because we are so awesome.

Gotcha was awesome, not pizza awesome, more like two nakid chicks awesome. The pots in the Indian ruins were awesome, until Woodie broke his pot while stuffing it into his backpack. The hanging gardens were awesome, but didn't compare to the waterfall under the natural bridge with pictographs. That was super awesome.

I can't tell you where Gotcha is located because then someone else might be able to enjoy it and one of the fanboi's might beat me up....

Anyhoo..... hope you enjoyed my TR, now I'm going over to Woodies house so we can tell each other how awesome we are.

Your Pal
Totally Awesome
:five:

Jaxx
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Best TR ever written. :roflol:

Iceaxe
02-06-2009, 01:42 PM
If you enjoyed that here are a few more TR's from TA....

Totally Awesome
http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4235

:popcorn:

Iceaxe
02-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Isn't it supposed to rain this weekend?

Yeah.... rain and snow... :roflol:

As you can see from the pic below the weather was a real problem.... mostly because we didn't have enough sun screen and no one brought shorts to hike in.

:smoking:

moab mark
02-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Looks nice. No trip report? :ne_nau:
Mark

Iceaxe
02-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Looks nice. No trip report? :ne_nau:

I'm working on a route description right now..... :2thumbs:

DWayne27
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Can we expect some beta for this on the Climb Utah Site?

Scott P
02-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Concerning Gotcha,

We did that one last April (I think it was the 1st, but I don't remember for sure). To be quite honest, it was a bit disappointing. The hot spring rumored to be in there was only luke warm, plus we couldn't find the undiscovered pictographs. Any hint on where they are? We did find some undiscovered ones at Wildhorse Window, which we did on the same trip, but we never did find the ones in Gotcha. :ne_nau:

moabmatt
02-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm working on a route description right now..... :2thumbs:

Looks kinda familiar... :roll:

Jaxx
02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
ooohhhh drama! :popcorn:

Iceaxe
02-10-2009, 01:44 PM
:lol8: