PDA

View Full Version : SQL help

blueeyes
02-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Do any of you computer guys know how to remove an SQL command from a word document.

I did a form letter used excel to keep names, addresses ect.. then pulled info from the excel file to generate the form letters. Now when I open each individual file errors pop up and it drives me crazy.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/chere_album/error.jpg

The error reads

This message can appear if your document contains code for accessing information from a database - for example, if your document is a form letter that retrieves an address from a mailing list.

If this is expected behavior and you want to retrieve the data, click Yes.

If you don't think this document should be accessing information from a database, click No. If a network administrator or IT professional is available, let them know about the SQL command that this document is attempting to run.

blueeyes
02-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Holy Shit! I figured it out... I have banging my head against the wall about this problem for about 5 months.

I started researching this tonight... I was ready to give up and that is why I asked for help. I opened the help box for the umpteenth time and typed
"remove SQL commands"

Turns out documents have hidden data (ok so I know you IT guys know this but I didn't) so in 2007 you click on the office button then on "prepare" and then "inspect document" it tells you if there is any hidden data and then you can tell it to remove. and Walla!

My problem that has vexed me for months is fixed!!!

accadacca
02-03-2009, 11:05 PM
SQL in word?!?! WTF. Over my head. :lol8:

blueeyes
02-03-2009, 11:23 PM
:lol8:

Well I figured out how to remove it. But then it messes up the format of the document.... so I am kinda back to square one or at least not that far away. GRRRR

DiscGo
02-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Good work BlueEyes!

KapitanSparrow
02-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Good job, Chere'!

I was able to figure out how to make the first zero appear in excel! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
02-04-2009, 06:37 AM

Ah, I miss Excel. I don't get much of a chance to work with it in the schools.

Chere, I see you're using GroupWise email. :mrgreen:

blueeyes
02-04-2009, 07:07 AM

Ah, I miss Excel. I don't get much of a chance to work with it in the schools.

Chere, I see you're using GroupWise email. :mrgreen:

Ah yes GroupWise... I love that it syncs with my Blackberry Pearl. Now if I would just use that feature.

stefan
02-04-2009, 07:40 AM
:lol8:

Well I figured out how to remove it. But then it messes up the format of the document.... so I am kinda back to square one or at least not that far away. GRRRR
hmm ... so removing the hidden data removes data required for the format of the document?

is it not possible (it should be!) to review just what hidden data will be removed? seems like you should be able to pick and choose.

is there a command that says "reveal hidden data?"

it just seems inane that you can't target the specific problem you have, unless of course this SQL thing somehow is related to the format of the document.

i know next to nothing about word, so i might be talking bollocks here.