PDA

View Full Version : Ride on's big winterfest adventure

fourtycal
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM
After a Great Snowboarding trip with me, Ride On and Acca, to begin Bogleys winterfest we had a great dinner at Bohemian (good to meet up with you'all). :cheers:

We missed out on bogley's snowshoeing and sushi, but made a trip to the Berry for some ice fishing into the night instead. :fishing:

Then Sunday morning we packed our dirtbikes and gear and headed out to Knolls to meet up with some friends for some desert riding. Ride On tried to tackle a hill, the hill won and we ended our trip early :cripple:

To end winterfest we spent a few hours at the emergency room where Ride On learned all about Mid-Shaft Humerus Fractures :haha: .

Mostly a great weekend. Sorry for the lack of pictures but I did take a few to document the broken arm. :2thumbs:

KapitanSparrow
02-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Nice! :haha: Almost wish I could break something and post photos :naughty: Get feeling better RideOn!

blueeyes
02-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Ouch!!

Hey there was to be no injuries this weekend... what is up with that. At least you did it having fun!

Ih8grvty
02-02-2009, 12:40 PM
I like the devils horns in all but one pic of ride on!
snowboards do not agree with me.
I thought they looked fun, tried it once, figured it couldnt be much different than skateboards, same principal...I was wrong and it nearly killed me.
I was also foolish enough to think that because I was more than decent on a skateboard in jr high and high school, I could still show my kids a few things.
When you have not been on one in nearly 20 years, its best to stay the hell off of them, that nearly killed me too.
Ice fishing?
damned nice fish, but I just can not get excited about climbing out on ice and freezing my sack off waiting to catch a fish.
I prefer the warmer things in winter, like the wife and a night with no kids.
Now if I knew anyone with a shanty and a heater for it...I may be up for a trip to try it out. I however am not allowed to go fishing.
Well not with out the wife. She never had done any of it till she met me and I created an addict, if I go fishing she is right beside me, making me put worms on her hook, or taking fish off of it.
This summer I hope to get her into fly fishing, that way I only have to take fish off, cuts my duties by half and leaves me more time to fish myself.

With all this said, Iv been thinking of trying out the snowboarding again. Equipments better now, that time was back about the early 90's when I last got on one. Downhill skiing got to expensive after having kids an a wife, i still cross country ski, but do not recall ever being cold aside from the first few minutes out of the car.

abirken
02-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Dang ya'll!! Hope you are feeling better Rideon. It was nice to meet you guys. :2thumbs:

accadacca
02-02-2009, 07:32 PM
:roflol: Great report fourty. Sponge bath! :lol8:

I hope your doing well Ride On. :nono:

Don
02-02-2009, 08:16 PM
What hospital was that?

http://www.bogley.com/forum/files/020109_050__small_.jpg

fourtycal
02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
It's the new IHC hospital in Murray, they didn't seem overly competent or anything but they had one cute nurse :2thumbs:

abirken
02-02-2009, 08:45 PM
It's the new IHC hospital in Murray, they didn't seem overly competent or anything but they had one cute nurse :2thumbs:

And I'm sure she appreciates her cuteness being posted allover Bogley.com. :lol8:

greyhair biker
02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
:eek2: Crap dude! You are now in the Brokearm Mtn Club! get well soon! :2thumbs: